VR Update this weekend!

ATAG_Pattle

1 hour ago, simfan2015 said:

Would and will buy a VR headset if only for CLoD Tobruk (and IL 2 GB) ! 

Good Luck TF and thank you so much ! 

I've found that the lack of a clickable cockpit makes IL2 GB far less appealing in VR than (at the moment) DCS. VR for CoD (CLoD? ClOD? CLOD?) is going to push it right back up to the top of my favourite games pile.

• Like 2

It's understandable why TFS is taking time, that's where good things come from. I trust TFS, the team have not given any reason not to.  

When 6.0 is released, I for one will order when ready and support keeping this dream alive as well.

Thank you TFS

:salute:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Fellas, long time IL2 player here, like a lot of folks in this particular forum.  Started right around the FB release time, and have ridden the roller coaster from AEP, all the way to now.  Started playing sims at a friend's house, mainly Janes sims, including WW2 Fighters.  My personal sim rig started as a Dell dual core with a 19" CRT monitor and a Saitek X-45, up to now having two full sim rigs in the house with VKB, Brunner, Honeycomb, Virpil and TM equipment so I can fly just about any aircraft I want with accurate controls in VR, and multiplayer in my own house.  That said, I'm passionate about flying, and love the fact that I can replicate it pretty accurately in my own home.  I also love the fact that I can fly aircraft in the sim world that I'll probably never get to fly in real life.

All this to say, ever since 777 announced VR for their particular flavor of IL2, and DCS incorporated VR with their flavor of WW2 aircraft, something in me has longed for VR in the old iterations of IL2, as those old games will always have a special place.

No matter what anyone says here, it's going to be great when it's released, and it will take as long as it takes, and we'll all appreciate it when it gets here.  Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I don't get it? So what is the update? Just what Buzzsaw posted? Have I missed something? Is there a link to today's official announcement if there is one? I am so confused???:dash:

SBlade<><

34 minutes ago, BladeMeister said:

I don't get it? So what is the update? Just what Buzzsaw posted? Have I missed something? Is there a link to today's official announcement if there is one? I am so confused???:dash:

SBlade<><

I took Buzzsaw's post as 'An update is coming.'

12 minutes ago, Dagwoodyt said:

Still working on it or maybe pending final approval?

Could be.

Ok, TY Gents. Usually ATAG_Pattle and Buzzsaw are very clear with communications, but this little PR event has been a bit boggled IMHO. Oh well back to the Mossie for a while. Carry on!!!

S!Blade<><

3 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

It was quite clear to me when they stated it was an update on 'features' coming to VR, not the update would release VR...

I agree...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

It was quite clear to me when they stated it was an update on 'features' coming to VR, not the update would release VR...

I agree, I understood no VR introduction, but to me the word update rings to mind a sim update of some sort. I will admit I was confused and I still haven't seen an information update, unless it was Buzzsaw's post a while ago. Not trying to start anything, just confused that's all.

S!Blade<><

• Like 1

If you look at the April/May 2021 entry under TF “Notes” I think it is clear why there would be confusion surrounding the now-delayed “Update”. Likely some folks took seriously the prospect that VR would arrive by end of Summer 2021. Not really their fault if no delays were brought to their attention in the interim.

Maybe not enough likes on the first post?

or weekend means to them end of the weekend? Because according to my watch the weekend is almost over.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dagwoodyt said:

If you look at the April/May 2021 entry under TF “Notes” I think it is clear why there would be confusion surrounding the now-delayed “Update”. Likely some folks took seriously the prospect that VR would arrive by end of Summer 2021. Not really their fault if no delays were brought to their attention in the interim.

Dude, did it also strike you that things such as Drop Tanks, AQM, and other planned features for IL-2 GBs have taken longer than expected to be released, and that COVID has significantly affected 1CGS and TFS?

I don't mean to sound harsh here, I just don't like it that there's hardly any whining when something IL-2 GBs related gets delayed... even if no announcement is made about the delay, yet it's the opposite when this is the case with something CloD related. 

• Like 3

There are people here that constantly like to have a dig and find issues with just about everything that is posted. They dissect  every morsel that the devs put out as if they want to prove yet again they are right and the team are wrong.

So what if things are delayed, it happens... get over it and move on instead of blatantly, deliberately trying to find fault or discredit TF.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Trooper117 said:

There are people here that constantly like to have a dig and find issues with just about everything that is posted. They dissect  every morsel that the devs put out as if they want to prove yet again they are right and the team are wrong.

So what if things are delayed, it happens... get over it and move on instead of blatantly, deliberately trying to find fault or discredit TF.

Yes, the hammer is back!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhtLpooJSN0

Edited by OBT-Eazy

BladeMeister

Just remember 'Air Marshall' for IL2 GBS. Nothing against 1C, but it was talked about years ago to be incorporated into the GBS, as was a new chat lobby similar to Hyperlobby. Neither has materialized, but as far as I understand both are still being worked on for a future inclusion. My point being, incorporating new technology takes time, specifically, man hours designing, coding and testing before incorporating. It is good that VR, TrueSky, 4k and the other new technologies are coming to CLOD/DWT. Combat Fight Simmers as a Community are VERY lucky that a bunch of management, coding capable and graphic artist enthusiasts (TFS) are pushing the CLOD/DWT dream forward. For all practicality a group of volunteers that see potential in CLOD/DWT and are working to utalize and push forward the strengths of its' engine. They could very easily throw up their hands and quit, but thank God they don't. So be thankful that they soldier on and be thankful that while TFS might not make their expected release dates all the time or even any of the time, but be thankful that they always seem to persist and sooner or later they release the new material, when it is finished.  We wouldn't have what we now have if not for their vision, their persistence and their commitment and Love for Combat Flight Sims, in particular, CLOD/DWT.  Bring it when it is ready TFS, I'll be here waiting to install it and enjoy CLOD/DWT that much more when you do!

SBlade<><

Edited by BladeMeister
  • Like 2