rheineland winter light snow

meplanes1969

meplanes1969

https://www.mediafire.com/file/m65700fconqpvvr/rhieneland+less+snow.zip/file

rheineland autumn map with a light snow covering,install with JSGME,take out any other rhienland autumn maps or they may conflict.

this is the only way i can get a light snow covering any more snow and it looks wrong,but this patchy snow covering is realistic for some parts of winter

medium snow covering would be alot harder,i have tried and i had to tone back on the snow

i will put some screenshots later,i have not tested everywhere yet

• Thanks 1

meplanes1969

This map is the autumn map,which makes all effects vechile tracks appear to the non snow effects ( hence why only very light snow would work )

same when I done my Egypt winter map some things still turn out white ie when tanks drive along the ground they still leave white tracks,I fixed a lot these for the winter desert but not all.

so you can see the problem if you have terrain that’s half snow or more coverage snow !

thinking on this I do not know how you would get over this problem, a code would have to be implemented into the game where effects,tracks changed per surface during the game.

That is why we get full winter maps

I think you would get my point if you drive a tank over my winter light snow.

From a snow covered part to non snow you would get strange effects,but being light snow I think it is not that big a game breaker

I want try do a Rhineland winter map with a few non white patches next

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AEthelraedUnraed

Nice, only improvement I can think of is usually snow stays better on some surfaces than on others. So you may want to make the snow follow the outline of fields or roads etc.