Havent been up to date with whats goin on for IL2, Any new announcements/statements regarding Japan BoX/Theater?

saintbrutal

saintbrutal

last i heard, it was a difficult task due to the limited records and might not be possible to recreate japan theater (aside from zero) with realistic  stats performances. Was wondering if jason or any other guys gave any  new update/statement regarding this? 

I also remember the community was being opened about if it was indeed impossible, they wouldnt mind having "unrealistic" performances (i assume they been like to a level of simulator and not war thunder pulling 30gs type lol) 

Enceladus

Questions I'd ask:

1. Do we really need to start with the early Pacific war like the Battle of Midway (and the lead up to it) or Guadalcanal, or can we do CBI, Singapore/Malaysia, New Guinea, or a late war battle such as Okinawa or Burma first?

2. Based on all the resources that the devs have for Japanese planes, if what they have for the FM is the most accurate information for this plane and from God's perspective the Roll rates are off by no more than 10*/second or the climb rate is off by +/- 500 fpm, is that fine?

3. If enough resources are found to make the cockpit and bombardier/nose gunner position of a Betty, but resources for the other gunner positions is lacking, can some gunner positions just be AI?

4. For Japanese carriers, do we really need modelled aircraft hangar decks and working elevators or can those be omitted?

5. If the devs are able to do a 5 v 4 or 4 v 4 aircraft instead of 5 v 5, is that fine or does there have to be 5 v 5?

Overall, if we get the Pacific theatre in this game in which the FMs are much better than they were in Pacific Fighters and War Thunder, and if even one installment is much better than Pacific Fighters in terms of number of ships, types of flyable aircraft (a flyable torpedo bomber for each side), etc. is that fine?

Edited by Enceladus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1