rheineland summer more green

meplanes1969

C'mon mate! It's always the same with you - again and again! You offer some new mod to the community but without a single tiny screenshot!

We're all really grateful, but can you please add some pictures of your work, when you publish/offer one of your mods? I already told you so...

Cheers

352nd_Hoss
1 hour ago, meplanes1969 said:

Go to your NVCP's "Adjust Desktop color settings" and increase digital vibrance up two notches while you run the game, and it will make the colors more vibrant without touching the RGB settings.  You can adjust Gamma there too.  My game looks just like that with a LG 32" monitor. 

Cheers

Hoss

• Like 2

Stonehouse

Apparently winter in 1944 was severe so possibly full snow is correct. Not sure if this will work for you but WeatherEffects.pdf (archive.org)

Description from another historical ref. Admittedly for the Ardennes but Belgium isn't far from France so you'd expect that most weather fronts would impact multiple countries over roughly the same period of time.

As December 1944 began, the Ardennes fell prey to the worst winter weather it had experienced in a generation, with temperatures hovering below 0°F/-17°C for days at a time. Snow blanketed the little towns, vacation chateaus, and deep forests of the area. The area was so thinly held by GIs billeted (if they were lucky) in Belgian inns and private homes that it was called “the Ghost Front.” The GIs knew that their German enemies were out there in the snow and fog, but believed that they would never attempt a serious attack in such conditions.

Edited by Stonehouse

Snow that lasts several days in Normandy is very unusual.

In winter, there is a big difference in average temperature between the Ardennes and Normandy because of the influence of the Gulf Stream.

I don't think the winter map for Normandy should contain any snow.

I stumbled across this and when I saw meplanes name I knew I had to D/L it!

On 9/1/2021 at 2:17 AM, meplanes1969 said:

I do not really have the tools or the skills.

It's a shame too. Given how well you do with limited tools and knowledge I am impressed with what you have been able to do.

IMO the Devs underestimate and/or undervalue the talent that resides in this Community.

meplanes, thanks for giving us another map option!

:drinks:

-=[]=-little-Guardian

Thanks a lot meplanes . . .

Another great addition to your collection of quite creative maps. I really enjoy how you expand the game more and more. 👍

greetings

little Guardian

• Upvote 1

JG_deserteagle540

Thanks for this Mod.

Nice colour tuning of the the summer map meplanes.

Some additional farm building in the maps is a great idea and makes it more realistic.

meplanes1969

I have improved my Rheinland more greener retexture.

Took me a lot of work this one,textures converted from rise of flight channel map,49 dds textures the biggest problem was 8 files in that map are given to city or town areas,took me ages to try fill in these 8 files and get some sort of matching done.

I have just finished making the airfield colors blend in,also the Rheinland map users some textures from the tank crew map so I had to change them also to blend the colors.

ok the map has some faults but it’s a work in progress ( am quite happy with it so far ) I am planning to fill in the lines that appear on the map with rows of hedgerows like a bocarge effect.

As you can see from the ground pics I have used some of the grass mods but have added greener grass.

ok in the hilly part of the map your make believe scenerio could be the champagne area

972A8E72-6223-4BB2-8041-7BB9AC5C2145.jpeg

01A1E349-5C4E-4682-BC38-67ED8A1B3ED9.jpeg

6521B3B6-3BB9-434C-BBC8-0DEA307DBBA8.jpeg

515401F7-8BB9-46A5-B742-ED87B8BCC9AA.jpeg

A13A2F29-ED7B-4143-B5E0-5BA76F7DE6D1.jpeg

On the bottom pics I have made the airfields blend in color since I took the screenshot,I just wanted to show a pic from higher altitude

Edited by meplanes1969
T
  • Like 2