Behaviour of landing gear data in telemetry

FlyPT

Hi,

I'm the creator of FlyPTMover, a motion software (www.flyptmover.com).

I have data I get from motiondevice, and added recentlly the telemetrydevice.

Did not find any reference on how the data is organized, so made a detective job to find what is in there.

This might be the reason why i don't understand the values clearlly.

I think we have the suspension travel or load for each wheel, and I'm using it to detect if we are on  the ground or in the  air. This allows me to create different profiles for those two situations.

The problem is that some wheels in the air are not always zero.

On the same conditions, same location, same plane, some wheels keep a value different from zero while in the air.

For example here:

upload_2021-8-26_22-23-5.png

The rear wheel is on the air, and the value is still 0.176 (we can see at the right the captured data).

Now with landing gear retracted, still 0.176
upload_2021-8-26_22-21-51.png

Restarted the mission and now I get zero for the rear wheel:

upload_2021-8-26_22-25-0.png

I know this is not important, or might be intended or by design. But would be great to know if this can be solved (if it's even a bug) or we could get a variable saying if we are in the air or ground.

Also a reference to the data in telemetrydevice would be great.

This is of great help to have better effects.

Something like canopy open/closed would be great also. We could have a more real wind generated by a fan.

I honestlly understand this is not a priority.

Thanks for the attention.

Pedro Antunes

Edited by FlyPT
Updated title
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• FlyPT changed the title to Behaviour of landing gear data in telemetry

Is there anything about the telemetrydevice at least?

Or is that exclusive to some software.

Please help! 

EDIT: FlyPT Mover is a free software. So there's no gain for me in this. Just to enhance the user experience.

Edited by FlyPT

AEthelraedUnraed

You might have more luck in the Motion Simulators forum, rather than in the Complaints section: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/126-motion-simulators/

Not sure why you posted it here at all, because I cannot really find a complaint in here. Or was it moved here by the Mods? They do tend to be a bit fast with moving threads sometimes... If so, you can probably PM one and ask if they can move this thread to the Motion Simulators forum above :)

PS - took a look at your site. Looks good, and it seems to work really well. But are there also plans available on how to build the rig? Or how to otherwise obtain one? Having a BSc (and hopefully a MSc soon) in Electrical Engineering, I *should* be able to design and build one, but I'm more into the signal processing part of Electrical Engineering and frankly don't care much for the hardware part :P

• Like 1

@AEthelraedUnraed,

Was looking at the forum, and landed here... My fault. Really, I thought that complaints was a bit hard for what I want.

Thanks, I will post there a link to this.

For the motion rigs, the software is made to work with anything that accepts UDP or serial.

So, most of the rigs, specially the DIY.

Some comercial ones hide or make difficult the access to the protocol, so I can't say it works everywhere.

The idea is to have a highlly customizable and modular software. But it makes it a bit harder to understand at the start.

For DIY, I recommend xsimulator.com

You can see the construction of my own rig here: https://www.xsimulator.net/community/threads/flypt-6dof-brushless-diy-actuators.10799/

Look at the forum for other types of construction.  I recomend, specially rigs based in AC motors or some made with the ODrive controller.

Be careful going there, It's an hole you can't leave anymore 😀

If you really want something commercial, I would talk with Motion4Sim guy:

He's producing and going to sell the rig on that video.
I like it and Mover is going to have a direct connection to his hardware.

13 hours ago, FlyPT said:

The idea is to have a highlly customizable and modular software. But it makes it a bit harder to understand at the start.

Objection! I do not agree. Certainly not when I compare it to SimTools. I really had a hard time to understand its 'logic' and never got the hack out of it! I found FlyPT Mover MUCH easier to understand and get used to. There's a logical workflow from Input/Source over poses/filtering and rig definition to Out connectivity. Once you've set up Rig and Out modules you can start Pose/filter tweaking by applying a simple smoothing filter (LowPass) and a washout where needed. And you're set!
Whenever you feel ready you can dig into the hole ─ and get rather hooked to it than lost in it. There's so much help, especially the realtime graphic visualisation of the rig's movements. You see in realtime what any additional filter in the chain results in. You can simply add a sinus, a triangle or jigsaw input and then 'zoom in' by slowing it down as much as you want. You can exchange complete and complex filter settings thru the online repository.
And... and... and...
And I speak here about v3.x, FlyPT has already announced v4 that will have an even 'improved' graphic interface.

Edited by Venom
line wraps
  • Thanks 1