Developer Diary 289 - Discussion

Jason_Williams

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams

Dear Friends,

A LOT is being worked on at the moment and we’d like to share what is going on, but first, here is a picture of our new American bomber pilot models that are now ready for implantation. Once again, our dear friend Alexey comes through with a beautiful model.

US_Bomber_Pilots_01.jpg

First, update 4.603 is coming next week, assuming there are no nasty last-minute surprises. The 4.603 update will see the release of the long awaited Sd.Kfz. 10/5 Flak 38 vehicle mounted anti-aircraft gun and three WWI aircraft for Flying Circus: Volume II – the SPAD VII, Pfalz D.XII and the Airco DH.4 two-seater.

Full News and Text HERE.

Jason

• Like 8
  • Thanks 9
  • Upvote 4

No105_Swoose

Wow! What a great update!  So many good things happening!  Although I generally don't fly Luftwaffe aircraft, I've pre-ordered Steel Birds to support BlackSix and the developers.  Keep up the great work guys!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Blitzen

NEXT WEEK...YAY!

tenor.gif

Edited by Blitzen
  • Haha 2

FlyingShark

Glad to read that the new fuel management system and the droptanks are coming along.

I don't mind waiting for the other planes to get updated on this as long as I know they're getting it anyway sooner or later.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

percydanvers

In Career mode news we are happy to report that 8 new mission types for fighter-bombers are going to be in the next update. Viks and LukeFF have been working to improve the career in this aspect and all seems to be working well.

This is very interesting. I wonder what kinds of mission types will be added. In any case it will be quite welcome to have a little more target variety!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

LR.TheRedPanda

Lots of good news! Keep up the good work guys! :dance:

Panda.

Edited by LR.TheRedPanda

Цитата

And last but not least - Jason is beginning to plan future projects that you’ll likely learn about late this year or early next year as we work feverishly to finish Battle of Normandy.

pacific ocean!!!

F4U-1_050.jpg

Edited by Gimpel
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Bremspropeller

The colour of the A2 jacket on that bomber pilot looks a bit too dark. It should either be russet brown (as the one we already have), or seal brown.

Edited by Bremspropeller

Zanzibar

Great news! Really looking forward to the drop tanks and seeing what changes the complex fuel system brings. 

sevenless

Excellent news!

In Career mode news we are happy to report that 8 new mission types for fighter-bombers are going to be in the next update. Viks and LukeFF have been working to improve the career in this aspect and all seems to be working well.

Highly appreciated!

• Upvote 3

Noisemaker

Props on adding sunglasses to the models so we don't see them not blinking...

;)

Looking forward to the new missions, and well, pretty much every update you guys/gals make.

No_Face

Oh yeah, I forgot:
"There are so many aspects of IL-2 that we're working on as we wrap up this hot summer that we'll be talking about in upcoming developer diaries. "
Come to Normandy, you'll see, the summer here is not very hot. To tell the truth, we are still waiting for this famous summer.

😅

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, No_Face said:

Oh yeah, I forgot:
"There are so many aspects of IL-2 that we're working on as we wrap up this hot summer that we'll be talking about in upcoming developer diaries. "
Come to Normandy, you'll see, the summer here is not very hot. To tell the truth, we are still waiting for this famous summer.

😅

Trade you 

It's been 30c+ alot here lately!

Alot of great stuff in there Sturmovik team.

Thanks for taking the time to type it up!

Edited by Denum
  • Like 1

SYN_Vander

Fantastic work on the Flying Circus map! We can really use those mansions to represent HQ’s. I also like the added detail which is not wasted when you are flying low and slow in a biplane!

• Upvote 1

namhee2

And last but not least - Jason is beginning to plan future projects that you’ll likely learn about late this year or early next year as we work feverishly to finish Battle of Normandy.

I can still remember the Morse code very clearly. I'm already excited to see what Jason will come up with this time. 

• Like 1

LR.TheRedPanda

Even though I will be flying up in the air and all the details on those ground assets is phenomenal

silvergun

Well, the team is on full throttle, doing so many things at the same time.

There's one thing I don't like, which is grass height, is too tall and is not realistic or immersive, mainly playing with tanks on "Tank Crew", I hope that in the future there will be an update, with more variety and different grass sizes.

• Like 1

Luftschiff

Incredible amount of information in this one, many thanks for all your hard work!

Especially excited to have final confirmation on both Air Marshal and Cloud improvements, and for your clever last few lines there that clearly is absolutely pinky-promising us with 100% certainty that the next theatre is the pacific, of course. 🤗

Avimimus

Thoughts:

This is the first time I've been really excited by a new map (since the Velikiye Luki summer map upgrade and the RoF Channel Map).

"8 new mission types for fighter-bombers"... sounds incredibly exciting as well...

The AQM is also exciting (hopefully it'll at least allow attacking a variety of ground targets - and doing so with AI wingmen).

• Upvote 1

RNAS10_Oliver

Looks great.

And three Great War types being released in one update!

Are those aircraft shown on the ground in the FC map static ground targets?

Avimimus
9 minutes ago, =KG76=flyus747 said:

What's the status with German bomber models?

Are you talking about the Ar-234 and Me-410? We've seen initial work on external models, but they have complex systems and were officially estimated to be among the last aircraft released... that is all the information we have.

As for the Ju-188 with its magnificent view, the Do-217, the Ju-87B/R... none of those have been announced - and given the lack of surviving examples of the 188 and 217... I'm not sure if they'd even be considered possible. It'd be fun to have a 188 someday though... for the view and the extra defensive firepower.

• Upvote 2

unlikely_spider

Thanks for the single player campaign. I'll have to remember to pre-order it later today.

• Thanks 1

Voyager

Do we know if we're getting both the Spad 7 engines in the same drop? I figure we'll know next week, but I am curious :)

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams
5 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Do we know if we're getting both the Spad 7 engines in the same drop? I figure we'll know next week, but I am curious :)

You'll get the 150 first. Our engineers are slammed right now.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

=KG76=flyus747
1 minute ago, Jason_Williams said:

You'll get the 150 first. Our engineers are slammed right now.

Jason

What happened to the updated German bomber models?

Missionbug

There is certainly a lot going on behind the scenes, some great stuff there.:cool:

Thank you very much to all involved, really appreciate the DD.:drinks:

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Manstein16

I really appreciate this dev team’s willingness to communicate both the good and the bad. Too many developers go into radio silence as soon as hurdles arise, leaving the community to wonder why expected updates are not materializing.

Also, more jabo missions in career mode is a very pleasant surprise!

• Upvote 1

ZachariasX

What an awesome DD!! Deeply impressed at the amount of content that is made ready. I am particularly interested in how the drop tanks will work out on the 109.

…And the 20mm Flak is most anticipated as well!

Kudos to you Jason and your team for getting all this together!! :salute:

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams

Just something to know about the team these days, we have 9 open positions (most are new positions) on the team that should have been filled by now, some others were filled late so some work is delayed otherwise even more would be ready by now and in the near future. We continue on as best we can and the Covid situation has really caused us some problems.

Jason

• Like 6
  • Thanks 19
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 4

=KG76=flyus747
29 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

Are you talking about the Ar-234 and Me-410? We've seen initial work on external models, but they have complex systems and were officially estimated to be among the last aircraft released... that is all the information we have.

As for the Ju-188 with its magnificent view, the Do-217, the Ju-87B/R... none of those have been announced - and given the lack of surviving examples of the 188 and 217... I'm not sure if they'd even be considered possible. It'd be fun to have a 188 someday though... for the view and the extra defensive firepower.

Sorry, I meant the updated German bomber pilot models

catchthefoxes

THIS IS AMAZING NEWS!! I'm really exited to see those new clouds!!! also, I don't think many people were expecting to get drop tanks for all planes immediately; just for one model is enough!!

THANK YOU TEAM FOR ALL YOUR VERY HARD WORK!!! 

Edited by catchthefoxes

• Jason_Williams unpinned this topic
  • Jason_Williams locked this topic