Explosin effect an check zone.

namhee2

namhee2

I'm trying to improve the explosion effects so that when a plane flies over an area, the check zone inside releases the explosion but they don't react to the check zone outside and continue to explode......what have I forgotten?

Screenshot (17).png

explosion test.zip

I assume something is wrong with the Checkzones. The image is too small...

Is the logic correct?

Are the Checkzones setup properly?

Are they assigned the right coalition?

Here's how I do effects (and other Checkzone related logic)

image.thumb.png.9b92cbed1b1ba312814e8ead6e397002.png

Like this ^

The group:

AxisCheckzoneBigExplosion.zip

• Thanks 1

Jaegermeister

The reason your explosions do not stop is that you have a circular timer chain with nothing disabling it. If your "outside" Checkzone triggered a deactivate MCU linked to one of the active timers, it would break the chain and stop the effect.

See the highlighted MCUs below...

Circle.png.6467eebc7ae8c36b9b85dd754b9dc583.png

Just out of curiosity, why are you using a "Stop" Command Effect MCU for an explosion. You would only need that for a persistent effect like smoke or fire. An explosion goes off once and that's it.

• Thanks 1

namhee2
16 minutes ago, Jaegermeister said:

The reason your explosions do not stop is that you have a circular timer chain with nothing disabling it. If your "outside" Checkzone triggered a deactivate MCU linked to one of the active timers, it would break the chain and stop the effect.

See the highlighted MCUs below...

Circle.png.6467eebc7ae8c36b9b85dd754b9dc583.png

Just out of curiosity, why are you using a "Stop" Command Effect MCU for an explosion. You would only need that for a persistent effect like smoke or fire. An explosion goes off once and that's it.

Thanks for the replies, I was hoping to use the explosion effect several times to simulate a barrage. I just have an idea to limit the fire with a trigger counter....   

With the trigger counter you can limit the number of explosions 

Screenshot (18).png

Gambit21

I've made random 'shelling' generators with 64 outputs, each output also pipes back into the input of the generator, and you can adjust that timer for whatever increment you want between explosions. Each of the output explosion effects is placed on the map in a scattered fashion of course.

It's easy enough to stop the effect with any condition you wish.

Anyway random generators are much better for this sort of thing than a bunch of timers that progress the same way each time.

I just used JimTM's 2 way, and 4 way and daisy-chained them together...easy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2021 at 3:27 AM, Gambit21 said:

I've made random 'shelling' generators with 64 outputs, each output also pipes back into the input of the generator, and you can adjust that timer for whatever increment you want between explosions. Each of the output explosion effects is placed on the map in a scattered fashion of course.

It's easy enough to stop the effect with any condition you wish.

Anyway random generators are much better for this sort of thing than a bunch of timers that progress the same way each time.

I just used JimTM's 2 way, and 4 way and daisy-chained them together...easy.

I have also made something similar except that I have not used the random generator, just mixing the positions and have them placed differently does the trick, but the fact that we cannot spawn or activate bomb craters is extremely frustrating.