P-47 enigne overcool, cylinder and oil temps vary too much

-332FG-SGTSAUSAGE138

-332FG-SGTSAUSAGE138

The P-47 cylinder and oil temps change way too much and dont appear to be realistic. I can have to open cowl and oil rad to keep temps below redline during climb then close at altitude and then once I get into a few aggressive dives with everything closed the engine will overcool especially on a winter map. Sometimes the engine overcools no matter what on winter maps after a dive. I've also had the engine break for no apparent reason and have seen two other people have the same problem. My guess is oil gets cold and then during combat any aggressive throttle manipulation will break the engine. Not sure what it is but that combined with the P-47's lacking performance at altitude (20,000 ft and above) should be fixed.

...and this complaint means nothing without track files, screenshots, videos, etc.

I find the the P47 to be pretty frustrating in that regard 

The engine is glass like the rest of the darn thing.

By the time you get a temperature warning it's too late. The engine is already bricked. 

Cold maps if you over cool and add ANY throttle on say landing approach.... Yup. It seizes.

=AW=drewm3i-VR
23 hours ago, Denum said:

I find the the P47 to be pretty frustrating in that regard 

The engine is glass like the rest of the darn thing.

By the time you get a temperature warning it's too late. The engine is already bricked. 

Cold maps if you over cool and add ANY throttle on say landing approach.... Yup. It seizes.

The p47 is the spiritual successor to the awfully modeled p40 it seems...

Edited by =AW=drewm3i-VR
  • Upvote 1