What is the best VR to buy now?

Hi,

I have Oculus first module and I cannot see anything while playing this game, and cannot really enjoye anything without the motion controllers... So yeah being first buyer of new tech is not always that smart.

So, I was thinking buying HP Reverb G2 which for this moment has the best resolution so I can finally spot my target while aiming down the sight in dogfiths and finally enjoy motion controllers in other AAA games.

What do you think, is any one here with these VR headsets and are they worth it?
Or should I buy other VR headset model?

=AW=drewm3i-VR

What computer do you have? A Reverb G2 needs a 9th-11th gen i5-i9/Zen 3 cpu paired with an RTX 2080 ti, or RTX 3070-3090. You'll also need 32 GB of fast ram for an optimal experience. 

But yes, the G2 is great. Way better than the older headsets. I just upgraded from the Rift S and it is much better.

Edited by =AW=drewm3i-VR
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, =AW=drewm3i-VR said:

What computer do you have? A Reverb G2 needs a 9th-11th gen i5-i9/Zen 3 cpu paired with an RTX 2080 ti, or RTX 3070-3090. You'll also need 32 GB of fast ram for an optimal experience. 

But yes, the G2 is great. Way better than the older headsets. I just upgraded from the Rift S and it is much better.

My specs are i7-9700K, 2080TI and 16 GB RAM.

40 minutes ago, 352nd_Hoss said:

everyone I know says its the best

https://www.gamersbynight.com/best-vr-il2/

Good to hear, the price is also affordable.
OK I am going to order it now. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Hetzer-JG51
1 hour ago, =AW=drewm3i-VR said:

Lol, no it doesn't. 8600k at 5gig and a 1080Ti here, if you can run 45fps without nausea it runs the G2 like a champ. Med a/c density in Pat's generator, nary a hiccup. :)

javelina
15 minutes ago, Zeev said:

My specs are i7-9700K, 2080TI and 16 GB RAM.

Good to hear, the price is also affordable.
OK I am going to order it now. Thanks!

cool beans, you'll enjoy it!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

SCG_motoadve

I had the HP Reverb, the Reverb G2 and Vive Pro2.

If your PC is ok but not the fastest HP Reverb, and run  it at 60Hz

If you have a monster PC Vive Pro2 its just amazing, the clarity its better than Reverb G2.

=AW=drewm3i-VR
1 hour ago, Hetzer-JG51 said:

Lol, no it doesn't. 8600k at 5gig and a 1080Ti here, if you can run 45fps without nausea it runs the G2 like a champ. Med a/c density in Pat's generator, nary a hiccup. :)

Your system is basically just below what I recommended. I know there is basically no difference between coffee lake up to rocket lake if you can get it running over 5ghz. Still, I cant deal with 45 fps on the g2...its very choppy unlike my oculus rift s was. The ghosting and warping is also a lot worse. Everyone may vary some though.

I would also add that I've used a quest 2 and if you can tolerate facebook, it is a great option because it is fairly clear but the ease of only one cable or even wireless usage is really great compared to the g2.

20 minutes ago, =AW=drewm3i-VR said:

Your system is basically just below what I recommended. I know there is basically no difference between coffee lake up to rocket lake if you can get it running over 5ghz. Still, I cant deal with 45 fps on the g2...its very choppy unlike my oculus rift s was. The ghosting and warping is also a lot worse. Everyone may vary some though.

I would also add that I've used a quest 2 and if you can tolerate facebook, it is a great option because it is fairly clear but the ease of only one cable or even wireless usage is really great compared to the g2.

So does the quest 2 is able to run all the AAA titles at good performance and graphics? I was sure its low budget VR headset for indie\mobile like titles.
Also its hard for me to go for oculus once more after what I had to "suffer" with their first model (the fact they did not include the motion controls at first)

=AW=drewm3i-VR
3 minutes ago, Zeev said:

So does the quest 2 is able to run all the AAA titles at good performance and graphics? I was sure its low budget VR headset for indie\mobile like titles.
Also its hard for me to go for oculus once more after what I had to "suffer" with their first model (the fact they did not include the motion controls at first)

The quest 2 performs about 10% worse than the reverb g2, but it is definitely great for what it is: standalone vr that can also be used with a pc. I prefer the g2, but its cable is known to be fragile, it gets hot, has a small sweet spot, and the cable is also not ergonomic. Try both, return the one you dont like. I also think oculus has much better asw software.

Edited by =AW=drewm3i-VR

I am using a Vive Pro 2 and quite happy with it. However I was using Reverb G2 and it is a great headset for flight sims and a very reasonable price.

I would heartily recommend the Reverb G2.

9 hours ago, =AW=drewm3i-VR said:

The quest 2 performs about 10% worse than the reverb g2, but it is definitely great for what it is: standalone vr that can also be used with a pc. I prefer the g2, but its cable is known to be fragile, it gets hot, has a small sweet spot, and the cable is also not ergonomic. Try both, return the one you dont like. I also think oculus has much better asw software.

You mean becomes hot where the eyes are? Oh its a big issue for me :(

7 hours ago, dburne said:

I am using a Vive Pro 2 and quite happy with it. However I was using Reverb G2 and it is a great headset for flight sims and a very reasonable price.

Did you notice any heat inside where the eyes are with Reverb G2?

kissTheSky
1 hour ago, Zeev said:

You mean becomes hot where the eyes are? Oh its a big issue for me :(

Not really. When I’m taking the HMD off after 1.5-2 hours of use, it is warm to the touch, but not hot. I hold it close to where the cable attaches to the HMD and that’s the only area where I can feel a bit of warmth. 

Of course, when “I’m” running hot, there is a period of fogging on the lenses, but it has been rare and clears up when everything equalizes in terms of temperature. This has happened only once in IL-2. If it happens on the rare occasion, it happens when I’m racing where I’m exerting more effort. 

2 hours ago, Zeev said:

No not really.

javelina
4 hours ago, dburne said:

No not really.

me neither.  It's been comfortable for me as well.

SCG_Fenris_Wolf
21 hours ago, dburne said:

Could you send me the data of your monitor, and maybe your startup.cfg's graphics section via PM please?

I want to know whether I can reproduce your case in which you don't see the warp of the picture.

Currently, I'd say Vive Pro 2 is the best, especially since it draws a clear but softer picture (no pixel crawl as in the G2). But there's warping of the aspect ratio (using a 21:9 monitor here), so until that is fixed, I'd say G2 for IL-2. All other games, hands down the Vive Pro 2 (make sure to be able to try & be able to return it, as some folks had issues with theirs).