Jump to content

TC challenges


Koenigstiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Koenigstiger

Hello tankers,

 

At the moment I'm back to playing a little more "Iron Front". The reasons for this are that in this tank game it is possible to move as a single player in multiplayer mode, since the AI then takes over the control of the enemy tanks. After all, there are two large maps on which this is possible and depending on the hardware, new challenges are always posed and you can determine the number of your own and enemy tanks. The second reason is the ability to move with the King Tiger - a tank that has always excited me and of which I have a lot of RC models. I would like that there would also be a game mode with TC, in which you are practically thrown onto the battlefield and have to solve various tasks against the AI and can choose the type and number of tank models for yourself and those of the opponent. Furthermore, I am still of the opinion that the negative directional angle on the Tiger tank is too small here. The 8 degrees listed in the technology books are not achieved. Maybe it is up to the Russian game developers, because it is known that the Russian tanks had a lower angle of straightening. The attached picture shows the straightening angle of the King Tiger, but the Tiger I had the same.
467px-Tiger_II_105_Concept.jpg.36d1f9f14dd4e7355ba262e21a67ce21.jpg
 
Good luck
 
Guenther
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Koenigstiger said:

The 8 degrees listed in the technology books are not achieved.

How did you figure out this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Koenigstiger said:

I would like that there would also be a game mode with TC, in which you are practically thrown onto the battlefield and have to solve various tasks against the AI and can choose the type and number of tank models for yourself and those of the opponent.

Read the recent DD announcement about the upcoming Advanced Quick Mission functionality. It may satisfy this part of your ask.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

moustache
3 hours ago, 40plus said:

Read the recent DD announcement about the upcoming Advanced Quick Mission functionality. It may satisfy this part of your ask.

 

Mmmh, unfortunaly, i asked and people said it's only for aircraft part...

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LachenKrieg
13 hours ago, Koenigstiger said:

Hello tankers,

 

At the moment I'm back to playing a little more "Iron Front". The reasons for this are that in this tank game it is possible to move as a single player in multiplayer mode, since the AI then takes over the control of the enemy tanks. After all, there are two large maps on which this is possible and depending on the hardware, new challenges are always posed and you can determine the number of your own and enemy tanks. The second reason is the ability to move with the King Tiger - a tank that has always excited me and of which I have a lot of RC models. I would like that there would also be a game mode with TC, in which you are practically thrown onto the battlefield and have to solve various tasks against the AI and can choose the type and number of tank models for yourself and those of the opponent. Furthermore, I am still of the opinion that the negative directional angle on the Tiger tank is too small here. The 8 degrees listed in the technology books are not achieved. Maybe it is up to the Russian game developers, because it is known that the Russian tanks had a lower angle of straightening. The attached picture shows the straightening angle of the King Tiger, but the Tiger I had the same.
467px-Tiger_II_105_Concept.jpg.36d1f9f14dd4e7355ba262e21a67ce21.jpg
 
Good luck
 
Guenther
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

+1 for your request to add to the game modes. I have suggested in past threads what I believe would be improvements to the quick mission builder, and it is nice to get news that they are planning an update to the QMB in the near future.

 

One of the things I would like to see is the ability to host a QMB in multi-player mode so that a friend could either join in your platoon, lead one of the other platoons on your side, or play as an enemy tank. I am not sure, but I think the EMG by SYN_Vander allows you to host missions in multi-player mode, but I would prefer to have these type of features as part of the core game. I am not a fan of having to constantly reinstall things as the game gets updated with each patch, but it would be great IMO if they would recognize SYN_Vander and make his great effort a core part of the game. 

 

Are you sure the in-game Tiger I doesn't have 8 degrees of gun depression?

 

 

7 hours ago, moustache said:

 

Mmmh, unfortunaly, i asked and people said it's only for aircraft part...

This was my understanding as well, but when I looked closer at the screen shot in the developers diary, tank icons are visible so we will have to wait and see. What I don't see though are the multi-tank icons which are the more interesting game modes in the QMB.

 

 

AQMB.jpeg

Edited by LachenKrieg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

gunmetalstug

I will always support the addition of new modes, and the AQM looks promising.  Even if tanks aren't immediately supported, I'm sure some of the mission-building wizards will be able to hack a solution together soon.

 

My main contribution here is that I would also love to see easier Co-Op support and mission generation. Co-Op is the best way to teach friends the game in a "safer" environment, and setting up the established Co-Op missions is a bit of a hassle (especially since they don't seem to support multi-crew).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Koenigstiger

Hello tankers,

 

here is the pictorial proof that the negative pointing angle of the Tiger I tank is way too low in the game. I took a screen recording with the maximum negative directional angle and placed the minus 8 degree recording over it. I can only hope that this major bug will be fixed soon.

2011458780_TigerIRichtwinkel.thumb.jpg.fdd463d69814b5ee69d1e2763613fb79.jpg

 

Good luck

 

Guenther

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JG27_Steini
11 minutes ago, Koenigstiger said:

Hello tankers,

 

here is the pictorial proof that the negative pointing angle of the Tiger I tank is way too low in the game. I took a screen recording with the maximum negative directional angle and placed the minus 8 degree recording over it. I can only hope that this major bug will be fixed soon.

2011458780_TigerIRichtwinkel.thumb.jpg.fdd463d69814b5ee69d1e2763613fb79.jpg

 

Good luck

 

Guenther

 

Report in the Bug section not here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Koenigstiger said:

Good luck

maybe before make any claims

 

eSufzD0.png

 

 

it's better to check... any real reports on real tank ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LachenKrieg
On 7/22/2021 at 12:15 AM, gunmetalstug said:

I will always support the addition of new modes, and the AQM looks promising.  Even if tanks aren't immediately supported, I'm sure some of the mission-building wizards will be able to hack a solution together soon.

 

My main contribution here is that I would also love to see easier Co-Op support and mission generation. Co-Op is the best way to teach friends the game in a "safer" environment, and setting up the established Co-Op missions is a bit of a hassle (especially since they don't seem to support multi-crew).

+1 dude. I agree, when I think of it the QMB would really be like a co-op match if they would let other real players join you. I think this would be an awesome addition to the QMB. Being able to host quick missions with your friends would be a huge bonus.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[F.Circus]MoerasGrizzly
On 7/23/2021 at 11:16 AM, Koenigstiger said:

Hello tankers,

 

here is the pictorial proof that the negative pointing angle of the Tiger I tank is way too low in the game. I took a screen recording with the maximum negative directional angle and placed the minus 8 degree recording over it. I can only hope that this major bug will be fixed soon.

2011458780_TigerIRichtwinkel.thumb.jpg.fdd463d69814b5ee69d1e2763613fb79.jpg

 

Good luck

 

Guenther

The red line you've drawn indicates an angle of 14 degrees, not 8 (depending on where you measure it, since  you didn't draw a fully straight line). You can easily check this with the Gimp's angular measurement tool. You've used a schematic drawing, which often exaggerate the angles in the drawing (whilst indicating the real angle in numbers) because their primary purpose is readability rather then full visual accuracy. And this is on top of using the schematic drawing of a King Tiger and just claiming they are the same. This is both a failure of historical sourcing and secondary school-level maths.

 

For the record, the actual tiger's gun depression in this picture, measured using the angular tool, seems to be five degrees, which is accurate as per documentation @Wold posted. Should we assume the 8 degree angle is instead correct, Tank Crew is still closer to the mark (3 degrees off) then your flagrant misrepresentation (6 degrees).

Edited by [F.Circus]MoerasGrizzly
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • SYN_Haashashin locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...