WIP Spitfire Engine Sound update

ATAG_Pattle

ATAG_Pattle

WIP improvements to the Spitfire. Not final product.

New sound is built from the ground up harnessing features from FMOD 5, and includes new load effects designed to work in unison with the game driven data as well as new samples at the correct pitch.

The beauty of the loading effects are that when the throttle is pulled back to midrange, the melodious engine effect will be present and in the case of the Merlin's at the correct pitch. It will likely be more noticeable in the finished event.

This new engine sound really provides the sense of the clatter of these enormous engines, with the all the valves and pistons working away.

Let us know what you think.

Regards,

TFS Team.

• Like 13
  • Upvote 1

timothy55

Yes!

This is much improved in the direction of what the true enthusiast would wish for.

Cannot wait to hear the Bf109 as well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The WIP sounds seem much more sophisticated than the current ones but are imo too loud and granular (clipping going on?).

352nd_Hoss

The real thing took a much shorter take off run too....................

ATAG_Pattle

Hi Karaya, this isnt the final version, but in our opinion we are on the right track with replicating the sound.

• Like 5

BladeMeister
17 hours ago, ATAG_Pattle said:

Thanks for the link MP.  Slip is getting very close to this!

I have to agree it is sounding very close. This Spit is actually louder than what is in the new sound file during takeoff, but does then seem to get quieter after the Rpms Are lowered in the real Spit. I suppose it varies by what recording one listens to. It is a tough job to replicate a good RL Spitty sound in a combat flight sim. Good look Mr. Slip!

S!Blade<><

• Like 3

buster_dee

The mic in the trainer spit was not wearing a helmet/headset. I'm on the too loud side of this. Still, knowledge on the matter is building up. Thanks TFS for that.

Edited by buster_dee
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

226BG_Spaz

You asked what we thought, and I'm going to let you know... its awesome!  Love the new sound, adds a ton to the total immersion into the game!  The Rolls-Royce Merlin is an incredible engine and has a very unique and distinct sound... for sure that spread fear to those hearing it!  Appreciate all the hard work the teams are putting in!!!

• Like 2

343KKT_Kintaro

To Mysticpuma : when they are enclosed in the thickness of the wings... and you are sitting in the cockpit... these guns may sound different, don't you think so?

One question I do address to the developers: will you also redesign the sound of the Hurricanes in the game? And what about all the other planes in the game? what engine sounds will be reexamined? Only the Spitfire Mark I?

Buzzsaw
15 minutes ago, 343KKT_Kintaro said:

To Mysticpuma : when they are enclosed in the thickness of the wings... and you are sitting in the cockpit... these guns may sound different, don't you think so?

One question I do address to the developers: will you also redesign the sound of the Hurricanes in the game? And what about all the other planes in the game? what engine sounds will be reexamined? Only the Spitfire Mark I?

All engine sounds are being revised for TF 6.0... some may be released sooner.

• Like 7