Cockpit bomb panel in German fighters.

Hetzer-JG51

Hetzer-JG51

Has this been modified/simplified in an update? I can map buttons for the bomb mode and bomb delay but the switch in the panel doesn't move. As I understand it, with the switch to the left it's 3-second delay on detonation, with it to the right it's 5 seconds or more. I've read posts that the bombs can be set to various delays but I'm now guessing that the devs removed this functionality and the panel in the cockpit can no longer be manipulated? There's also a mapping for arming bombs but, again, it produces no action in the cockpit.

TIA for any help. :)

I don't think the bomb control panel has ever been modified of updated in any German plane at any time.

13 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

I don't think the bomb control panel has ever been modified of updated in any German plane at any time.

You got that right. 😄

JG4_Moltke1871

Unfortunately the German Bomb panel not works visually. And I think not all functions it offers are included in the game ( like Chose different button for drop in dive or level ) In DCS this function is included in the Kurfürst if I remember right.

However, at least the button armed/disarmed should move because you have no visual confirmation about that in the cockpit like in most allied planes. Especially on servers without techno chat it’s a problem 🙁

Hetzer-JG51

I must have been remembering the one in a DCS plane then. Thanks guys.

percydanvers
On 7/15/2021 at 4:05 PM, Hetzer-JG51 said:

I must have been remembering the one in a DCS plane then. Thanks guys.

Don't worry, it doesn't work in DCS either. Oh you can move the buttons around all you like, but all the fuse settings give you instantaneous detonation, as I found out when trying to make a low level bombing run...

• Like 1

30speed

in FW190 A8 with 3 x 250's you can see the bomb drop sequence indicator move when switching the order of the drop (i.e. belly bomb drop first, in-between, or last).

C6_Claymore
On 7/15/2021 at 10:21 AM, Hetzer-JG51 said:

Has this been modified/simplified in an update? I can map buttons for the bomb mode and bomb delay but the switch in the panel doesn't move. As I understand it, with the switch to the left it's 3-second delay on detonation, with it to the right it's 5 seconds or more. I've read posts that the bombs can be set to various delays but I'm now guessing that the devs removed this functionality and the panel in the cockpit can no longer be manipulated? There's also a mapping for arming bombs but, again, it produces no action in the cockpit.

TIA for any help. :)

Hi !

In real life the explosion time of the German bombs was defined by the installed fuze, the pilot just had the possibility, in flight, to select an explosion at the impact or according to the delay of the fuze, for example a El.Az (55) initiates the detonation of a Sc 250 at the impact or with a delay of 14s when the pilot applies a tension of 150V for a release in horizontal flight, 240V for a release in dive.

• Upvote 1

Avimimus

The backup gunsight doesn't work in the I-16 either :)

Honestly, I really do think it'd be great for them to release 10th anniversary additions of each module with a couple of extra aircraft (AI or flyable), a couple map or ground-unit updates, and raise the prices again (as well as require existing owners to buy the upgrade if they want the new flyable aircraft). It'd be pretty great to revisit the older releases.

• Upvote 2

sevenless
On 7/19/2021 at 8:42 PM, 30speed said:

in FW190 A8 with 3 x 250's you can see the bomb drop sequence indicator move when switching the order of the drop (i.e. belly bomb drop first, in-between, or last).

I always wondered why there is no setting to drop all bombs at once? Omission? Not historical?

3 hours ago, sevenless said:

I always wondered why there is no setting to drop all bombs at once? Omission? Not historical?

? There should be with the F-8/G-8 mod. 

Edited by LukeFF

sevenless
6 hours ago, LukeFF said:

? There should be with the F-8/G-8 mod. 

Nope. In contrast to Ju87 and A6/G3 there is no "drop all" mode in A5/F2 or A8/F8/G8. In Me262 neither, unless I missed something. As I said, don´t know if it is historical, but if not, it would be damn nice to have that "drop all" mode implemented to every and all planes where possible.

Oh, and while we are at it. If the Ju87 is armed with 4xSD70 and a centerline bomb, "drop all" also doesn´t work, while in reality it appears that it did (see pic). Would be nice if you guys could have a look at it.

File:Junkers Ju 87B dropping bombs.jpg

Edited by sevenless
  • Upvote 1

30speed
13 hours ago, sevenless said:

I have no idea of the historical aspect, but the bomb control panel in A8 looks official (real?) and it only has 3 settings -  1 (belly drop first), 2 (belly drop in the middle), 3 (belly drop last)...

It'd surely be nice to have a 'drop all' mode for the FW190..

3 hours ago, 30speed said:

I have no idea of the historical aspect, but the bomb control panel in A8 looks official (real?) and it only has 3 settings -  1 (belly drop first), 2 (belly drop in the middle), 3 (belly drop last)...

It'd surely be nice to have a 'drop all' mode for the FW190..

On the A8, it is controlled by the bomb drop delay button. Default is manual/70ms/all

30speed
7 minutes ago, Plurp said:

On the A8, it is controlled by the bomb drop delay button. Default is manual/70ms/all

are you saying that in order to drop 3 bombs 'at once':

- manual for all 3 bombs

- delay is 70ms between each drop  ?

If so, is there an 'auto' mode? i.e. I push one button and it drops 3 bombs with 70ms delay between each drop? That'd be a much better experience...

Edited by 30speed

38 minutes ago, 30speed said:

are you saying that in order to drop 3 bombs 'at once':

- manual for all 3 bombs

- delay is 70ms between each drop  ?

If so, is there an 'auto' mode? i.e. I push one button and it drops 3 bombs with 70ms delay between each drop? That'd be a much better experience...

Manual is default, one bomb at a time.  70 ms is all 3 (one button press) with a 70 ms delay between drops,  all is all 3 together (one button press) with no delay.

• Thanks 1

30speed
1 minute ago, Plurp said:

Manual is default, one bomb at a time.  70 ms is all 3 (one button press) with a 70 ms delay between drops,  all is all 3 together (one button press) with no delay.

cool, thank you for confirming it, man. Now I need to find what out this option is called in the button assignments.

sevenless
1 hour ago, Plurp said:

Now that is well hidden. Thanks for the hint.

2 hours ago, 30speed said:

cool, thank you for confirming it, man. Now I need to find what out this option is called in the button assignments.

It's the Bomb Release Interval and Bomb Release Mode options used on the level bombers.

1 hour ago, sevenless said:

Now that is well hidden. Thanks for the hint.

Yes, just realize that's only with the F-8/G-8 modification enabled. With the standard A-8 loadout, it's still one bomb at a time.

11 hours ago, sevenless said:

Oh, and while we are at it. If the Ju87 is armed with 4xSD70 and a centerline bomb, "drop all" also doesn´t work, while in reality it appears that it did (see pic). Would be nice if you guys could have a look at it.

That's because there is a switch on the front panel that the pilot had to use to switch between wing-mounted and fuselage bombs. Probably what you are seeing in that photo there is the pilot being very quick with the switches and bomb release button.

Edited by LukeFF
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Avimimus
On 7/22/2021 at 3:57 AM, sevenless said:

Nope. In contrast to Ju87 and A6/G3 there is no "drop all" mode in A5/F2 or A8/F8/G8. In Me262 neither, unless I missed something. As I said, don´t know if it is historical, but if not, it would be damn nice to have that "drop all" mode implemented to every and all planes where possible.

Something I've wondered about - shouldn't there be a loadout option for just carrying the 4xSD70? Or were they never used that way?