tc ctd

kaizerhund4

kaizerhund4

just bought tis game and when i go to scripted campaigns section and choose last chance, everything starts normal when choosing my tank and ammo. when i hit the start button it crashes to desktop. i have all the map scenarios i.e batle of stalingrad, moscow, bodenplatte etc.... i do get a warning saying some parameters are not available though, am i missing files or something?

• Thanks 1

kaizerhund4

i believe it has to do with the modifications to the tank..when i select certain ammo and armor upgrades it ctd,when i do not upgrade and just play with the ammo it starts with it begins with no problems. so the ammo selected or other upgrades are not part of the data files. so how do i find those files? all together i would think it came with the tank crew game. btw im not using mods for tc

kaizerhund4

ok the message i get when i go in the modification section a warning tab pops up saying some parameters may be locked, i try to choose just the basic ammo nothing else and still ctd

kaizerhund4

my dump file is too large over 5mb and im just choosing the scripted campaign by tank crew (that came with the purchase) called last chance, start it as normal, when i choose modifications it gives the missing parameters warning. of course if i choose the upgrades weapons armor etc then try to start the mission i get a ctd..also the same if i do not choose any modifications..also i tryed syn vanders easy mission generater and i cant start those either.... maybe its not recognizing the map or weapons etc

• 1CGS
-DED-Rapidus

@kaizerhund4, in both versions, the game works and does not crash. Please, archive your dump file and attach it to a message or upload it to a file sharing service.

image.png

kaizerhund4

when a ctd happens no dump file is made. i have tryed other scripted campaigns with tanks an dhave no problem only for now "last chance" campaign. its probably the game itself with the one i purchased from the il sturm store. 

• 1CGS
-DED-Rapidus

@kaizerhund4

1. To enable Windows Error Reporting, run (double-click) this log file:
\data\EnableErrorReporting.reg
2. In a case of the game crash open the folder where crash dumps are stored, you can do this by running this batch file:
\data\ViewCrashDumps.cmd
3. Sort the dump files by date to find a newest one
4. Zip the newest dump file "Il-2.exe.****.dmp" (**** is a random number)