Developer Diary - 284 Discussion

Jason_Williams

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams

Dear Pilots,

Summer is here and it’s very hot in both Moscow and Las Vegas, but we soldier on still working mostly from our flats and homes. This week’s DD features just a couple items, but one is quite a surprise as you will see. But first, let’s admire the upcoming 4K skins made by our steadfast ally and partner Martin “ICDP” Catney.  The ugly duckling has become a swan with these new textures wouldn’t you say? 

Full text is HERE.

Jason

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 4

Jade_Monkey

The IAR is a such a nice surprise! 

I have a soft spot for these odd planes, very happy to hear it will be developed and added to GB.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams

I wouldn't call it odd per se, maybe overlooked or somewhat forgotten from a nation us in the West don't know much about. In the first half of the war it was a competitive aircraft.

Jason 

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

Jade_Monkey
1 minute ago, Jason_Williams said:

I wouldn't call it odd per se, maybe overlooked or somewhat forgotten from a nation us in the West don't know much about. In the first half of the war it was a competitive aircraft.

Jason 

I think the shape is a bit odd, but yes i meant to say less mainstream.

• Like 1

LR.TheRedPanda

Nice surprise about IAR. The CAD pics look amazing. Always love these extra planes that have neat history! Also improved cloud system? It just keeps getting better...

• Upvote 2

Enigma89

More non-109/190 planes for the blue side is appreciated, thanks!

Edited by Enigma89
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 7

Hajo_Garlic

What a pleasant surprise. Guess I’ll have to preorder the c47 and German AA truck this weekend 

FlyingShark

I'm pleasantly surprised by the IAR80.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

JG51_Beazil

Urge to *ap rising....

I.A.R. is exciting!  😄

Edited by JG51_Beazil

=RS=EnvyC

IAR is a welcome surprise. The thing I like the most about IL2 is that its really got me interested in some of the less famous aircraft from the war like a lot of the Russian planes that a lot of people tend to gloss over.

Can't wait :)

Juri_JS

Great to see the IAR 80/81!!!

Jason, wouldn't this be a good reason to finish the Odessa map? ;)

• Upvote 4

Barnacles
17 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason 

This was always one of the things that the IL2 series was about for me: Discovering new and interesting aircraft outside of the traditional "Western" view of WW2. (All Spitfires, Messerschmitts, B17s and Mustangs).

When I first saw the original IL2 I overlooked it for several weeks because I was just unaware of the aircraft. What a mistake that was!

There are so many planes that because they are numerically insignificant in the grand scheme of things, I never thought they'd ever be made, but IL2 gives me hope!

Edited by Barnacles
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Enceladus

Woo-hoo, IAR 80:dance:

Wonder if we’ll get Romanian voices when it’s released.

After Vegas got eliminated from the playoffs it’s good to see that there’s still a DD today 😆

• Haha 2

III/JG53Frankyboy

you can count me in for a IAR preorder for 100% sure !

i always liked this plane. Made a lot of missions with it in IL2'46 for the VOW online war.

• Upvote 1

1 час назад, Jason_Williams сказал:

There are some other planes we are working looking into finding a way to make.

Example?

A-26 Invader? B-25 Mitchell? I would have bought them.

which planes are on the list?

will the display of flight controls be made in the game?

you give the Pacific Ocean! :hunter:

• Confused 1

Jaws2002

What?  IAR-80???:o:   It's Christmas in June :clapping:

jumping0041.gif.2776b6a04e1d333762e148be37c4c1e6.gif

Thank you!!!!!:clapping:

I have a bunch of info, details and quality drawings for the IAR, that could help make it perfect. I helped the modeler who made the Warthunder IAR-81C and he made an amazing model. Who should I send them to?

Edited by Jaws2002
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 11

Beyond the announcement of the IAR-80, I don't think anyone can or should be critical of the direction the sim has taken over the last year and a half. Considering  the devastating pandemic and world upheavals that never seem to go away, we've still gotten a lot of new content. I appreciate all of your teams' dedication.

Edited by Rjel
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 8

The IAR is a great idea and I'm looking forward to it very much.  

Uufflakke

The IAR-80/81....

After the poll of 8 years minus one day ago. :)

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

SCG_Faerber
2 minutes ago, Uufflakke said:

The IAR-80/81....

After the poll of 8 years minus one day ago. :)

So this means that there is only some 5-6 years to go so that we can get the Macchi 200!!
Hype!

• Like 1

Voidhunger

Thanks Martin and Hellhound for the 4k skins! Much appreciated!

And Oyster Kai too!

Edited by Voidhunger
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

JG4_Kruger

You got to by kidding me 😄
I'm a bit frustrated but also delighted... I just invested 50 hours of research and work on a Hs 129 Template and was almost half done 🙃

I guess I will stop working on it and wait for the Template from ICDP. 🙄

Luger1969

Let me just get my try to get my to do list together

-Snipe

-Siemens

-IAR

-WUNDERBAR

😁

Edited by Luger1969

Very nice news that the IAR 80/81 are being worked on 🤞

Now then, hopefully we will get that much loved and long overdue I-153 Чайка [and I-153P 😍] as well ?

80740001_PolikarpovI-153.jpg.63a76614d421807c806a233a73e5b21f.jpg

Edited by Roast
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 9

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams
6 minutes ago, JG4_Kruger said:

You got to by kidding me 😄
I'm a bit frustrated but also delighted... I just invested 50 hours of research and work on a Hs 129 Template and was almost half done 🙃

I guess I will stop working on it and wait for the Template from ICDP. 🙄

The Hs-129 template by ICDP was released 3 days ago. And no one says you can't make your own.

Jason

Hey great news on the IAR80 i am really excited, was wondering if you`ll include it as there is an ongoing project in Romania to rebuild an IAR80 with everything as close to the original as possible, I know because some of my former faculty colleagues work on it right now. There isn`t any original one anywhere only replicas (National Museum of Aviation in Bucharest has such a replica but is quite bad and it has no equipment aboard or if any not original for sure)

AKA_Baylor6

It's time to start flying again.    I've been lurking for several years.  

Look forward to seeing you all in the virtual skies.

• Like 1

!!!! 

New axis toys!!! 

New cloud tech is very exciting. 

In regards to the final point. 

We know it's been hard, and like all spoiled children we sometimes fail to show appreciation for the hard work and time that the developers have put in. 

But rest assured. No matter how much we complain, most of us really love your product, and deeply appreciate the efforts put forward by everyone on the team and the community members aiding them. 

8199588_0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Funny, I was just thinking yesterday "IL-2 Cloud tech is already pretty good... but maybe it could be even more upgraded in 2021!" 😄

Loved to read about the incoming improvements especially the new cloud tech. Time wa sthat IL-2 had some of the best looking clouds but recent advancements in other products have gained ground. Super happy to read that IL-2 is continuing to improve. 😄

I, for one, know absolutely nothing, nadda, zilch about the IAR 80 but I am now giddy with excitement to fly her and learn.

Hats off to you beautiful devs.

216th_Cat

IAR 80/81. Lovely. Thankyou very much. 🍻

• Like 1

I./TG3-J_Muller

Is there any chance of adding a Romanian PZL.23/43 Karaś as a collector because it has seen action over Stalingrad. Would definitely be a unique vehicle and would surely attract many Polish players.

Edited by I./TG3-Jan_Muller

Avimimus

Yes! Yes! Yes!

The IAR-80 is a perfect opponent for the I-16 and the IAR-81 was active on our Kuban map! This'll be great. I can't wait to give more money. So incredibly exciting!

I'm also relatively excited about the new AQMB (I'm hoping it will allow ground attack with wingmen, and allow it against a greater variety of targets - but we'll see. I'm sure any improvement will be welcome)!

P.S. The Ugly Duckling is a lovely story.

• Like 1

Missionbug

Great to know the IAR-80 is to finally find its way into the sim, long overdue and a very important type that was there at the start of the conflict in the East and still fighting at war end.:cool:

Hopefully we will also finally have some attention given to the other nations involved in the conflict in the East allowing us to fly various types already available in Romanian squadrons as well as the IAR-80.;)

Skin work is excellent as always from the usual guys, thank you very much to all, really appreciated.:drinks:

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Like 1

• Jason_Williams unpinned this topic