I keep losing my settings

lwalter

lwalter

I just had IL2 CloD for 2 weeks now. So, I'm still fairly new to it.

Every time I launch it, I lose settings. Once I lose my joystick settings. This time, I lost all my MFD settings except MFD #4.

Moreover, I tried to save my settings, but reloading them doesn't bring them back.

I have a joystick, throttle, pedals and 4 Cougar MFDs.

I have no problem about losing settings with this config on DCS or IL2 BOS. Is this device config an issue with with IL2 CloD or am I missing something?

In Steam, you should check whether 'Steam Cloud' is on. If it's on, switch it off...

See here for how to do that:

lwalter

@DD_FT- yes, I think it's active. I'll deactivate its and check if it works better. Thanks for your help!

jollyjack

your settings are here;  C:\Users\(username)\Documents\1C SoftClub

make a backup, so you can replace the erroneous one ...

Buffo002

In the settings, put save as and there is a file "control", always after some change of settings put save to this file, and if you find that you lost your settings or deleted during the update, go to the settings and now I think there is a button " load "or" open ", click on the" control "file and give the" apply "button and you have all your settings back. :) I use it and it works and for sure I still have the "control" file saved outside the game if something ...

Edited by Buffo002

lwalter

All, thanks for trying to help! I deactivated Steam Cloud and tried to same my settings elsewhere, but nothing works.

I think I found the root cause of my issue: IL2 CloD keeps my settings only if each device is plugged into the exact same place of my USB hub as it was when I created my bindings.

If I change the order my device are plugged in, I lose all settings for these devices.

As I wrote above, I have 7 devices total (stick, throttle, rudder + 4 MFDs). I can put a sticker on each with their respective position in the USB hub and be careful when I plug them back in. However, this is not going to be fun, all the more so as I don't need to worry about USB device order in the other sims.

I'd be very glad if this could be fixed at some point in time or if anybody had workaround that I could apply.

9./JG52_J-HAT

Yeah, that is a problem with CloD…

I‘ve seen this here being suggested to „force“ the order of the devices that CloD wants to see. Never used it and didn‘t really read through it to know how it works. So I can’t recommend it. But the premise is that it can change the order of the devices in Windows back to what it needs to be.

https://github.com/briankendall/devreorder

Here is a post on ATAG about it:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23995

paul_leonard

Another option is JoyID.  I have a Warthog HOTAS, MFDs, rudder, T16000M, Flight Yoke and a wheel.  Easy to arrange order to whatever logic works for you. It allows for blank id's if something isn't plugged in at a later date so keeps everything with the same order and ID's.  Works like a charm. 

Joystick and HOTAS port mapping program - JoyID (theairtacticalassaultgroup.com)

lwalter

Thanks 9./JG52_J-HAT and paul_leonard!

For now, I put a sticker on my cables and try to plug them always in the same order. I did a few tests and it seems to hold my settings.

I'm not too keen in installing extra programs, especially if they change around the devices order in the Windows system, but I guess I'll have to do it if my stickers aren't enough.

Maybe I should also open a bug, if that was not already done, so that the CloD team finds a better way to register devices.

I'm sure TFS is aware of the problem but has other things higher in priority.

Just simply dont play USB socket bingo with your peripherals.

• Like 1

pocketshaver

maybe you guys can help me with asimilar issue. 

deactivated steam cloud shit.  in the last two weeks i have had massive amounts of STEAM update bars info on my system at start up.  

Started playing the game tonight and have NO damn luck with controls. 

everything is screwed, joystick controls work fine, at least up, down, roll, shoot seem to work. But nothing else really does once you get outside of the general controls category. 

cant even eject using the default control E.   NO pan using the pan controls that worked the LAST time i used the game.  

I DID unhook my joystick for a bit to download images form my camera. IS that enough to fuck things up?

Only matters if you change ports.

If you unplug your joystick (or other peripheral), then plug it into the same USB port later, nothing will happen to your control bindings.

343KKT_Kintaro
On 6/20/2021 at 10:03 PM, lwalter said:

I just had IL2 CloD for 2 weeks now. So, I'm still fairly new to it.

Every time I launch it, I lose settings. Once I lose my joystick settings. This time, I lost all my MFD settings except MFD #4.

Moreover, I tried to save my settings, but reloading them doesn't bring them back.

I have a joystick, throttle, pedals and 4 Cougar MFDs.

I have no problem about losing settings with this config on DCS or IL2 BOS. Is this device config an issue with with IL2 CloD or am I missing something?

Hi Iwalter. There is a response I gave to Pocketshaver. Please read it, you may find it useful. Over there: Cliffs & Tobruk vs IL2 appeal - General Discussion - IL-2 Sturmovik Forum (il2sturmovik.com)

lwalter

Thank you @343KKT_Kintaro

For now, I put stickers on my cables and always plug them into the same USB port. So far, so good. Haven't lost any setting.

• Upvote 1