BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 68

Hi Everybody!

A bag of small, but positive and long-awaited news is much more pleasant than one single big good news update, isn’t it?

Adding FW 190 to early access would have been dull and even boring for you. So why don’t we wait for it for another 2 or 3 weeks and simply enjoy what we have due to this weeks’ achievements.

First of all, good news for pragmaticс, prudent virtual pilots: the Standard edition will stay in the Store and keep its price until the game release later in September 2014. Note that the two extra planes can always be purchased separately. You can buy both or the one you like most - you decide. First, the La-5 - goes on the virtual store shelf in a few days at the end of the month. Then the Fw-190 A-3 will become available as soon as it’s ready and becomes playable in BOS.

Meanwhile we decided to give you a rather small and symbolic, but still important gift: Founder status along with golden and silver bars will be presented to anyone who buys the game before the launch in September 2014. You’re the most loyal community that our project has, so we just can’t overlook your heartfelt belief in the game and your participation in development.

Those who have no time to read forum news on Mondays should be informed that we announced a new flight sim project called ILya Muromets which is devoted to the history of military aviation usage by the Russian army on the south-west front of WWI. The star of the show will be the unique Sikorsky designed aircraft that introduced large four-engine bombers to aerial warfare. You can find more info about the project at the official website: http://ilyamuromets.net And of course, feel free to ask us questions about it and engage in discussion in the official forum: http://ilyamuromets.net/forum

And IL2:BOS is waiting for a traditional Friday update today. An important feature that has been a temptation for quite a long time is now here; the big Stalingrad map is going to be added to Multiplayer. The endless Volga steppes and breathtaking icy ruins of the city are waiting for you there. We’re expecting some feedback from you as always: the map is big, and performance issues are normally expected. Your feedback is the guiding light that we just can’t live without. By the way some graphical optimization has been made and applied which means that (hopefully) some of you will get to play BOS with a noticeably better visual performance. Also, ground vehicles and projectile physics we optimized as well - this means a good chance for more complicated and complex mission to run on the same mid-core hardware that used to perform poorly before the update. And of course a pack of older bugs was fixed including IL-2 flaps, odd client crashes, etc… Traditionally, we’ll announce it on the forums when the update arrives!

Have a nice weekend everybody!

P.S.: We're also working at some landscape variations improving the vegetation on the map, so here's a few screenshots of what we got at the moment. (but NOT in this early access session).

post-7704-0-72225900-1403270000.jpg post-7704-0-57986600-1403270012.jpg

post-7704-0-86786700-1403270021.jpg post-7704-0-28306000-1403270030.jpg

Full news

You can ask new questions in this thread

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the update, nice screens. I'm sure those who play the game for the graphics will be pleased, as will the MP crowd with the big map.

Edited by JtD
  • Upvote 1

Stalingrad map in MP? Nice.

The new vegetation looks good and a good deal more convincing than before.

Not much else to say. I hope to see a glimpse of the campaign in the near future.

Thank you for the map change...... Just need some convoys to destroy or protect......

• Upvote 1

Nice, now i'm actually interested in MP again. I'm very curious about the performance on the big map in MP and hope for the best. Hopefully more than one airfield for each side is being used.

And thanks for the Il-2 flaps bug fix.

Edited by Matt

Thanks, devs!

Have a good Midsummers Day today!

Good news! I hoped to fly some RoF sessions with my squad mates today but this update just looks to delicious! Having high hopes for the new open map (pls hang in there Mr.CPU and GeForce).

• Upvote 1

I have to say - thanks. Nice to see that performance is one of main purposes and continuously is getting better and better  :salute:

A bit more fps and steadier performance is always welcome. Also, I do like a bit of variety in the trees I frequently crash into while strafing trucks, so thanks for that. :P

Looking forward to the bit of performance optimization. By the way, nice screenies.

The trees look great. They look like the: Betula pendula/Silver Birch. Thanks for the update :)

Thank you for the update and the sweet words about the need to please us...i hope that will make a few people here calm down.

I am looking forward to the Stalingrad MP map- i do hope it gives me what i want from MP...

YAY, finally the treetopdancing comes to an end:)

I desperately hope german pilots now start to fly higher than 4000m making the fights much more interesting.

"landscape variations improving the vegetation on the map"

you plan some green conifer trees?

One thing:

What about the roads and railway tracks literally surrounded by trees as if they came olong with it? It's too much of the trees along those tracks and roads, will this be fixed?

Otherwise: Nice Update & thank you.

• Upvote 2

Cool update, I can't wait to fly with my buddies. However, could you remove this handicaping autobalance on the MP servers? I'm sick of seeing this red MAX over the airfields I want to spawn in...

jordan ... wth are you talking about??

ever flown ground attack missions? the roads the targets are taking are always full of trees nearby (or railtracks when it comes to trains..), i just think this not real, looks neat in the first moment but some bigger randomisation would be nice.

• Upvote 3

ever flown ground attack missions? the roads the targets are taking are always full of trees nearby (or railtracks when it comes to trains..), i just think this not real, looks neat in the first moment but some bigger randomisation would be nice.

+1 Randomisation is the keyword!

Thanks for the update and a HUGE THANKS for the new tree models - it adds so much more visual realism to it. Also a nice detail that they don't just stick in the snow but there are is some grass and stuff nearby. Very well done.

I hope there will be bushes and small trees too. I think the vegetation area is the easiest and most rewarding part to improove, some randomisation as Jordan stated and it will be looking quite naturally.

I wonder though why there are no fir trees arround? Are there no fir trees in that area at all?

• Upvote 1

jordan ... wth are you talking about??

Chuck learn to fly both sides  :biggrin:

I already fly both sides, mate. It's not rocket science. But I like to be able to CHOOSE once in a while.

BTW do we need a separate account for the Iya Muromets Forum?

Is it the same engine as BoS and RoF? And "jus"t a new map?

Can't wait to fly this beast with an Oculus Rift! :o::cool:

just wait a few seconds till someone dies and steal the spot...it's what i do when i want to "choose"  :salute:

Looking forward to the large map. But are the servers still capped at 25? Might make for a long search for the enemy.

Also, this is just a request, but can we have the server rotate maps with different weather settings? Preferably something that makes level bombing from alltitude slightly more possible?

Exciting news!