Sign in to follow this  
Voidhunger

La 5 boost

When I start quick mission in La 5 at higher altitude it´s impossible for me to active boost even thought I descent below 1500m.

Is it normal?

Yes

At 1500 meters is not enough air  pressure at the air intake of the engine for use of WEP.

la-5fn222222222_zps18f75cac.jpg

For La 5 fn I guess the max altitude for WEP is 2000 meters

Edited by Mustang

When I start quick mission in La 5 at higher altitude it´s impossible for me to active boost even thought I descent below 1500m.

Is it normal?

Did you switch back to first supercharger gear?

As long as you're in supercharger gear 1 you can activate the forsazh. It just loses it's effect around 2500m.

is it only Russian planes using boost and how does it work really? i know 109 has supercharger does it also have a button for activation?
and i also wanted to know about the cooling system of the 109 don't seem to open oil or water cooling system like the Russian planes does

At BF 109  always supercharger is full automatic. ( It's the easy way to explain )

Later you will have a button for WEP/boost, at BF 109 with MW 50 system. (Boost System )

Now for BF 109 oil or water cooling are automatic, maybe in the future we will have a option for manual settings 

1 ) is it only Russian planes using boost ?
2) and how does it work really?

1) No

2) Spray fuel at supercharger 

( I´m  NoT totally sure about it for Russian planes like La 5 )

Edited by Mustang

All planes have superchargers. Only the Soviet planes and the Stuka have manual control to switch the supercharger gears. These planes also only have manual control for the coolers/radiators/cowling flaps.

The La-5 is the only plane which also has a manual boost feature. It increases manifold pressure and gives you a higher performance only at low altitude and if the supercharger is in gear 1.

The 109 also has a supercharger, but it doesn't need manual control. It uses a hydraulic coupling which simply put adjusts itself automatically. The oil cooler is only automatic The water radiator is automatic by default, but could also be switched to manual control. However, this is not possible in BoS yet.

2) Spray fuel at supercharger 

( I´m  NoT totally sure about it for Russian planes like La 5 )

Spray fuel at supercharger?What does that mean?Supercharger is air compressor.How would spraying fuel at it make things running?

i believe he thinks about the system that was on the Daimler-Benz DB 605  Supercharger with methanol-water injection

MW50 is injection directly to combustion chamber,it has nothing to do with supercharger.But one never knows what Mustang thinks,unless there are red and green lines :biggrin:

MW50 is injection directly to combustion chamber,it has nothing to do with supercharger.

Close that book and never open it again. MW50 is injected into the eye of the supercharger of the 109.
  • Upvote 1