Vive Pro 2: Warping Issue, only IL2

SCG_redcloud111
Posted (edited)

Hello Developers

I received my HTC Vive Pro2 and have been testing it. With all games, it works as expected. In IL2, though, when I roll my head along the X axis, warping occurs. I am guessing this has to do with something related to its optics and how IL2 interprets them. I had the Pimax5k+, and I remember you guys had to do something so that we could fly without parallel projection, as well as do something to fix the zoom. Anyway, if someone could look into this, I am willing to test it for you.

Let me know. Thanks.

Keep up the great work!

Edited by SCG_redcloud111
  • Upvote 5
SCG_redcloud111

What I mean is that when I roll my head left or right. For example, while wearing the headset, when I move my left ear toward my shoulder and vice versa. 

chiliwili69

OK, thanks. This is then the vertical axis (usually the Z axis I think).

I just notice a very subtle distorsion when moving the head from left to right but I was more concentrated in checking other items of the headset. I will take a closer look.

I assume you update the latest firmware and latest GPU drivers, etc.

335th_GRFirdimigdi

I think this is the issue Fenris documented here, amongst other mentions in the Vive Pro 2 threads:

On 6/4/2021 at 3:26 AM, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

IL-2 looks great as well - until you tilt your head. Yes, similar to the Virtual Desktop issue, the geometry in IL-2 shifts like a tilted rhombus. The headset's geometry must be added to IL-2 first, like other headsets before. I cannot say more, but I am certain the Devs are on it. You can be certain that the Devs are on it. But until that has actually been done and tested, IL-2 remains not compatible to the Vive Pro 2 in my book, we must be clear and honest here. I am positive however, the Devs fixed it quickly with the WMR headsets as well. They always want their Sim to be top notch.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/72232-comparison-vive-pro-2-vs-reverb-g2/

Edited by 335th_GRFirdimigdi
  • Upvote 1
SCG_Fenris_Wolf

Yes it is already reported and the Devs have all the data to fix it. Now we just need to wait for them to patch IL-2 with it, so don't worry.

• Upvote 1
SCG_motoadve

Aren't they going on vacation soon as stated in the last developer diary? :(

Hope its fixed before that and not at the end of the summer.

SCG_redcloud111

Yeah, I saw that. I hope it gets addressed soon as well. No flying for me until they do.

chiliwili69
12 hours ago, chiliwili69 said:

OK, thanks. This is then the vertical axis (usually the Z axis I think).

I have seen now this warping issue. It is as you say when rolling the head along X axis. It is not too extreme but noticeable. 

I thought it was when turning left or right (yaw movement).

30speed
19 hours ago, chiliwili69 said:

I have seen now this warping issue. It is as you say when rolling the head along X axis. It is not too extreme but noticeable. 

I thought it was when turning left or right (yaw movement).

for me the whole picture looks stretched horizontally, like if trying to play a 4:3 movie on a 16:9 screen in full screen/stretched mode.

• 2 weeks later...
=STP=Darrylx444

Yes, this is confirmed on my Vive Pro 2 also. Parallelogram warping when tilting left / right ear down, AND a slightly squashed perspective overall (circle looks like an oval). Only in IL-2. I can live with it for now but will be happy when the devs fix it.