1CGS announces ILya Muromets Flight-Sim in Development

BraveSirRobin

What's the benefit of having it integrated?  (Don't say disk space, it's dirt cheap now!)

For MP you can access all the servers from the same screen.  If it's 2 different games I'll have to exit one game and start the other just to fly on a different server.  It would be nice if they could figure out a way to go from the RoF MP screen to the IM MP screen without having to exit.

Wow, so many people skipping out on this because it's not integrated with RoF.  What's the benefit of having it integrated?  (Don't say disk space, it's dirt cheap now!)

Here is the benefit, which could be used on the new map

http://riseofflight.com/en/store

(Even if you exclude the British planes)

If I weight that against mouse control, I think I would choose the planes instead (and buy it, which I won't do now)

MiG21bisFishbedL

Wow, so many people skipping out on this because it's not integrated with RoF.  What's the benefit of having it integrated?  (Don't say disk space, it's dirt cheap now!)

If it doesn't offer anything different from ROF, then why bother? Sure, that means it'll be great, but still same game.

I would have been tempted if it was an addition to ROF. However, this seems to be a sim with a very interesting aircraft as the hook, but with the main purpose of its development being an experiment in mouse control. This aspect also seems to be the main reason why it can't be integrated into ROF which is a pity. I doubt many serious flight simmers will have much interest in piloting an aircraft, especially of that era with a mouse.

I'll pass on this one.

Good luck with it though.

I think the main purpose of its development is to make money for someone and to engender and encourage interest in early Russian aviation. Am I missing something?

I also think that the mouse control is an option. I also think that, however much people wish that it should be part of RoF, it won't be. It has been created for a different purpose, for and in conjunction with a customer. I also think that the money that customer gives to 777/1C is likely to be good for us.

I don't think I'm the only person who doesn't believe in the flight sim fairy.

Edited by sallee
  • Upvote 3
FuriousMeow

False, The timeline of Rise of Flight covers 1916 to 1918!  You can read this everywhere. For example Gamestar tested the game at 26. Oktober 2009 and said to 1918. Next would be wikipedia that gives me right.

Oh yes, game magazines are the absolutes in information and not the information on the game boxes. Wikipedia is also freely editable by anyone, so no its wrong. Both items you are going by are wrong.

I am absolutely correct. You and your magazines/wikipedia are wrong.

"All is not quiet on the Western Front in 1917..." That is on the original game's box.

"Fly over 125,000 sq. km. of countryside, towns, trenches, and deadly "No Man's Land." Fight against enemy fighters, bombers, and dodge Flak. Missions are based on actual historical data from 1917 and include attacks on enemy balloons, armor, artillery, railroads and airfields. Can you make a difference?" - Original game's box.

"Experience advanced flight, physics and damage models. See tracert bullets whiz by and spray enemy planes with machine gun rounds until they burst into flames. Realistic take-offs and landings are part of the challenge. And remember... in 1917, there were no parachutes, can you handle it?" - Original game's box.

No mention of any other years.

Edited by FuriousMeow
gavagai

The original 4 aircraft included the Fokker D.VII, which was introduced in May 1918.  The N17 was one of the first add-on aircraft, and it was introduced in the first half of 1916.  This is becoming a very silly argument.

Edited by gavagai
  • Upvote 1
FuriousMeow

I'm going based on the box. Only 1917 is stated, not the whole war. Its silly when the argument is "but a gamer's magazine" or "wikipedia" especially since you would be the very first person to discredit wikipedia as a source of anything.

The N17 was also introduced for Russian players first, on a Russian WWI holiday in rememberance of the Russian Revolution which was - drum roll - in 1917.

The map is 1918, and not 1917 - so I guess thats the only indication it was intended for anything other than 1917 (besides the box it originally shipped in that only said 1917) but then there isn't any other front line map for any other year so - yes - this is quite silly - RoF was never intended to fully represent the entire war despite what some game magazine or wiki-anyone-can-edit-it-pedia.

Edited by FuriousMeow
mb339pan
The map is 1918, and not 1917

the front can be changed as shown by the last "Bloody April", now the game also offers aircraft of 1915/1916, making comparisons with the game four years ago does not make sense as the game it has evolved

the game is called Rise of flight the first great air war, not the first great air war in 1917

it was better integrate this as a secondary front with the channal map, right now this new project does not provide a sufficient basis for my purchase, with the same air of RoF, without the most significant variant of 'Alby D3 and a front that is secondary (as the channel map) than owest / Italian front, no coincidence that the channel map was purchased by very few people

Edited by =CAM=mb339pan
steppenwolf

If it doesn't offer anything different from ROF, then why bother? Sure, that means it'll be great, but still same game.

I feel the same way about BoS, but I've had RoF for a few years now. Good luck with the project though.

MiG21bisFishbedL

I feel the same way about BoS, but I've had RoF for a few years now. Good luck with the project though.

Fair enough. At least to me. BOS offered vastly different handling aircraft. I'd love to try this, so I'm not asking for too much to set it apart.

Ilya Muromets sim?!??!??

Have I died and gone to nerd heaven?

If anyone heard the way I've just screamed, they'd say that 13-year old girls scream like me

• Upvote 5

I think the main purpose of its development is to make money for someone and to engender and encourage interest in early Russian aviation. Am I missing something?

I also think that the mouse control is an option. I also think that, however much people wish that it should be part of RoF, it won't be. It has been created for a different purpose, for and in conjunction with a customer. I also think that the money that customer gives to 777/1C is likely to be good for us.

I don't think I'm the only person who doesn't believe in the flight sim fairy.

Well of course it is being developed to make money. It's a commercial enterprise. I didn't think I'd have to bother mentioning that bit :rolleyes:. I wish it and the devs every success.

Oh, and I don't believe in fairies either.

Edited by Rivet

Just to bring some life to the thread, and show one of the cute little things which we always appreciate in our projects - check out the one of rewards in IM

10469195_683828751665296_431560683517862

Jade_Monkey

Any chance we will be able to use the same maps on BoS, to see summer maps and get a break from all the snow??

After all it's still the eastern front.

LukeFF

Any chance we will be able to use the same maps on BoS, to see summer maps and get a break from all the snow??

After all it's still the eastern front.

Doubtful, seeing that there would have been a lot of changes in the buildings and airfields between the two wars.

Jade_Monkey

Doubtful, seeing that there would have been a lot of changes in the buildings and airfields between the two wars.

Good point. Maybe the modding communitiy could have an easier time adapting an existing map than creating them from scratch. Idk, just food for thoughts.

LizLemon

I thought the trains in BoS are the same models as the trains from RoF?

LukeFF

They are different.

MarcoRossolini

Comrade! They have glorious Red star on front! How can they possibly be the same?

=JG52=fldrms

Hi friends / devs,

first of all thank you very much for your great work on BOS so far. Please dont take me wrong I dont want to offend any of you guys but dont you think its too soon for a new project?

BOS is still early access and you are already working on a new sim. I think most of us just fear another unfinished Cliffs of Dover if you dont take enough care on BOS.

To be honest I bought COD on steam and installed the community patch. WOW what a beautifull game. It just feels right and is quite motivating to try again & again.

BUT Isnt it a pitty that a bunch of sim addicted community guys are finishing the devs work?

Most of us paid 40€ others like me even 70€. I think we deserve more than that!

Anyhow.. we all love IL2 BOS and look forward to see it on steam soon. Speaking of steam ... be sure to get a greater audience and get the expected revenues you deserve.

Cu you guys in the sky ;O)

Edited by =JG52=fldrms
FuriousMeow

the front can be changed as shown by the last "Bloody April", now the game also offers aircraft of 1915/1916, making comparisons with the game four years ago does not make sense as the game it has evolved

the game is called Rise of flight the first great air war, not the first great air war in 1917

it was better integrate this as a secondary front with the channal map, right now this new project does not provide a sufficient basis for my purchase, with the same air of RoF, without the most significant variant of 'Alby D3 and a front that is secondary (as the channel map) than owest / Italian front, no coincidence that the channel map was purchased by very few people

Do you have the box for RoF? I do, it says 1917 only.

Cybermat47

I think you're talking about the game when it was first released, and they're talking about the game as it is now.

mb339pan

yes i have, on the back of the box

"Rise of Flight puts you in the air over the western Front during the First World War.

from main page of RoF site

Rise of Flight is a next generation WWI combat flight simulator for the PC. Immerse yourself in realistic aerial combat above the trenches. Fly famous aircraft including the Fokker Dr.1, Sopwith Camel, S.E.5a and Albatros D.Va. and many more!

World War I not only 1917 aircraft, front ecc...

Edited by =CAM=mb339pan
  • 3 weeks later...
FuriousMeow

It says 1917 only mb339pan, that was the entire devotion. BoBII is a WWII combat simulator, but it only covers the Battle of Britain.

It doesn't matter about what it is now, it was never designed to be the whole war. That is the point, the development just panned out to allow more aircraft. If it was intended to be the whole war, there would be terrain covering the whole war.

• 4 weeks later...

how are the chances that the mouse control of muromets ends up in Bos?

Zero. Zilch. Diddly squat chance of that happening. :)

I think there's every chance you'll eventually see mouse control in both BOS and ROF. Once they've worked it out in IM it's almost inevitable, remember this is about making the sim "more accessible to newcomers" i.e. to sell more copies $$$$$$.

Quite how they are going to implement control of a three axis aircraft with a two axis mouse without giving mouse control player the advantage remains to be seen.

To give you another example of this, they've just turned off the requirement to 'cock' your guns in ROF, all aircraft now spawn with the guns pre-cocked.

... Also, guns are pre-cocked when you get into the plane since 1.33. Decision to lower complaints from users who do not understand how to make guns fire. A constant complaint from new users. ...

This is despite the whole online community pleading not to disable what we consider to be a 'feature' in our great war aircraft, still it looks like we're stuck with this now.

• Upvote 1
SYN_Mike77

If you had IM you would know that mouse control in RoF or BoS would be perfectly fine to have.  This is not mouse control ala World of Warcraft.  It is a somewhat more useable version of the mouse control already in RoF and I assume BoS.  Trust me, if that newcomer who bought IM because you don't need a joystick really got into the game, they would quickly go out and buy a joystick and perhaps our little hobby would have one more member. 

But then again, the purity of our craft would have been violated.  Oh the horror.

BraveSirRobin

To give you another example of this, they've just turned off the requirement to 'cock' your guns in ROF, all aircraft now spawn with the guns pre-cocked.

This is despite the whole online community pleading not to disable what we consider to be a 'feature' in our great war aircraft, still it looks like we're stuck with this now.

This might be the silliest thing to get upset about that I have ever seen.  

• Upvote 2
Schmittfeuer

I'm just wondering something, I haven't had an update on the Ilya launcher eversince I bought the game back when it was first made available. Are there just none or am I missing something?

Same. I think there's been one update (three weeks ago?) and pretty much no movement on the forums expect for one thread about historical bombing techniques. The development team don't seem very active at the moment.

• 1 month later...

Happy to learn WW1 Eastern front is gonna have its title. I understand your reasons why it's a seperate title, but think it's pretty a pity that's not becoming an available content for RoF... :/

And above all, I really hope it will not interfere with the continuing BoS developpement. Remember that we almost all of us have been traumatised by the epic BoB release and developement fail... We don't want to see that once again.

Long life to the Ilya Muromets !