Bombing buildings

pocketshaver

pocketshaver

Playing with my JABO rig out and noticed something strange to ME. 

I can hit factories alright, its nice to swing around and just see a burnt shell and no smokestacks left. But what do i have to do to get some credit in the flight statistics for killing said factories?

Also noticed previously when playing TC, that some buildings blow up fine, others CANT be killed

• 4 weeks later...
jollyjack

You'll have to set a Mission Objective Translator, to be triggered by a damage or destroyed event. See Jim_TM's Manual.

A lot of buildings don't have a damage model.

pocketshaver

Dont quite get that information... just been flying the single player quick missions and most buildings dont go boom.   

Important stuff like factories, cranes, oil storage tanks, bridges that dont always blow up, even with the 1800 kg bombs... but there are basically ?shacks" and "hovels" that will yield beautiful explosions and fire balls when hit by a tank round.

The single player quick mission is more of a “training environment” to help you familiarise yourself with the planes you want to fly.

there is not a lot of “scripting” I.e mission objectives to give you points for blowing random stuff up.

Edited by Tipsi

On 6/20/2021 at 11:02 PM, pocketshaver said:

Dont quite get that information...

You typed "ME" in your opening post and I think jollyjack took "ME" as the initialism for Mission Editor and gave you some technical details re. how the ME handles mission objectives.

pocketshaver

IT helps to know the system is screwy in yet another way. 

Ive done bombing runs in single player, and have seen factory buildings and bridges go BOOOOM and turn into black spots, but NEVER get credit for it.  

But the last time i did a tank run, i dont have TC..  i found a russian ship on the river side and shot it to crap, the ship gave me a kill for it in the mission stats, and each deck gun i killed on it was  listed in a kill stat category.  And none of the hovels i blew up appeared.