A basic note on state of affairs in manuals and controls

pocketshaver

pocketshaver

We have what, a few hundred pages on the great "50 caliber debate" on here,  yeah it has issues, so does the american 20mm. 

But the thing that actually needs to be fixed is the lack of actual manual data here for new people to learn how to work the stupid game. 

Serious, when 90% of all information on how to set sight convergence, and shoot is a youtube video, one actually has to wonder what is actually important to people around here. 

Figuring out what settings i am actually looking at, WEAPON list is both ground vehicle and air plane, one doesnt have  a damn clue in the end if they have taken the time to key bind all the gun turret controls for the tank game, or the flying games.  

Half the time the key bindings appear in the game settings menus, but they DONT WORK until you actually click on each one and set it.. seriously in both great battles and cliffs of dover, i get that issue. NOTHING less fun then figure out this key comman in the menu will let you use the pan view option in your cockpit, but when you get back to the cockpit, hit the button, NOTHING works on the hatswitchs like its supposed too

Dakpilot

Maybe read the manual..? 

😎

Cheers, Dakpilot 

• Upvote 1

LukeFF
2 hours ago, Dakpilot said:

Maybe read the manual..? 

😎

Cheers, Dakpilot 

And, for the tanks and AA vehicles, there are Station Notes accessed from the Esc menu that describe the controls quite well. 

BraveSirRobin
11 hours ago, pocketshaver said:

Half the time the key bindings appear in the game settings menus, but they DONT WORK until you actually click on each one and set it.. seriously in both great battles and cliffs of dover, i get that issue. NOTHING less fun then figure out this key comman in the menu will let you use the pan view option in your cockpit, but when you get back to the cockpit, hit the button, NOTHING works on the hatswitchs like its supposed too

Do you use TrackIR?

pocketshaver
1 hour ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Do you use TrackIR?

Nope, dont feel like spending the cash on it. Especially when in the time i have used 1ce games, NO ONE has been able to say if it works in a dark room, only light up by a hdtv screen. 

I play at night, in dark.  

Monksilver
2 minutes ago, pocketshaver said:

Nope, dont feel like spending the cash on it. Especially when in the time i have used 1ce games, NO ONE has been able to say if it works in a dark room, only light up by a hdtv screen. 

I use Trackhat and it works in the dark, the only light it needs is that from the diodes on the device itself. In fact the darker the room the better as other light sources can cause problems. I strongly recommend it as far far better than using a hat switch or using the mouse.

• Upvote 1

41Sqn_Skipper
2 minutes ago, pocketshaver said:

TrackIR works perfect in a dark room. The camera has an integrated light source (LED).

Sun light and mirrors can cause issue, though. 

BraveSirRobin
1 hour ago, pocketshaver said:

Especially when in the time i have used 1ce games, NO ONE has been able to say if it works in a dark room, only light up by a hdtv screen. 

I’m very surprised that NO ONE has told you that, because ANYONE who uses TrackIR knows that you can use it in the dark.  

• Upvote 2

LukeFF
3 hours ago, pocketshaver said:

Like BSR, I'm not buying this, either. The IL2 games and TrackIR have been around the better part of 2 decades, so it's hardly a mystery that one can use TrackIR in the dark.

pocketshaver

Lets see,  i started playing Rise of Flight last april 2019.  When i asked on that forum, nobody bothered to give a damn answer. And i havent actually found that information online. 

SO i figured, why spend a few hundred when i didnt even know it would work in the dark. 

BraveSirRobin
1 minute ago, pocketshaver said:

Lets see,  i started playing Rise of Flight last april 2019.  When i asked on that forum, nobody bothered to give a damn answer. And i havent actually found that information online. 

SO i figured, why spend a few hundred when i didnt even know it would work in the dark. 

Yeah, it's totally a mystery why no one wants to help you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Eisenfaustus
19 hours ago, pocketshaver said:

But the thing that actually needs to be fixed is the lack of actual manual data here for new people to learn how to work the stupid game. 

If the game is stupid, why bother? Nevertheless Devs are aware of the lack of proper manuals:

von_Tom
On 5/16/2021 at 9:45 AM, pocketshaver said:

the american 20mm. 

Which weapon is this?

von Tom

Eisenfaustus
6 hours ago, von_Tom said:

Which weapon is this?

von Tom

The M2/AN cannon in the P-38 I guess - though I wasn’t aware that there was a common debate about that gun...

von_Tom
7 minutes ago, Eisenfaustus said:

The M2/AN cannon in the P-38 I guess - though I wasn’t aware that there was a common debate about that gun...

Ah that one.

Thanks

von Tom

SharpeXB
On 5/16/2021 at 3:45 AM, pocketshaver said:

Half the time the key bindings appear in the game settings menus, but they DONT WORK until you actually click on each one and set it.

How is this different from every other PC game? You have to assign a command in order to use it. Might take some trial and error. Such is life…

On 5/16/2021 at 3:45 AM, pocketshaver said:

As pointed out. There is indeed a rather nice manual. But it was actually difficult for the Devs to justify the expense in the early years of the game. In today’s world there is such an abundance of content on YouTube with really polished channels for everything. You can literally learn to fly an airliner there. Most games today I don’t think have manuals anymore. 

Jade_Monkey
On 5/16/2021 at 6:13 PM, pocketshaver said:

TrackIR works better in a dark room. 

If a room is very bright, especially if you have sunlight hitting the tracking device, it will really mess with it. A dark room is the ideal setup for it.

If you are having the same issue across two different games consider that the issue is probably on your end. 1CGS is just the publisher, the games have different developers and engines and it's highly unlikely that they both have the same key binding bug.

• 1 month later...
brahguevara

Start up multiplayer
Click dogfight
Find a server with lots of people in it
Ask questions
People will help you
And I will tell you to look at youtube videos