Padlocked view and snap position center

greybeard_52

I cannot in any way associate the "Pilot head snap position center" command to any button on my joystick (Hotas X). I mean, I can bind it, but in practice it doesn't work during the simulation. I was therefore forced to associate it (as seen in the figure) with the NumpadDecimal key, which is not as comfortable as a key on the joystick. But that's not enough! It happens to me that, when holding it down for a certain (unpredictable) amount of time, while the Padlock View is activated, the latter gets fouled remaining stuck on nothing and I can no longer neither follow the one on which I had blocked the view (usually my flight leader) nor lock on anything else. Also head camera movements right and left, back and forth get out of order in this condition.
I would like to know if I can have a fix for this.

2021_5_4__8_59_16.jpg

unreasonable

First thing to check with key binding problems is whether there are conflicts. When you have a red square next to your entry - as you do - it means that the key mentioned is also bound to some other command. Sometimes this does not matter, sometimes it does, so see what other command is triggered by the key you want to use, go to to it and delete it. Then see if your key works without problems. 

greybeard_52

There's a misunderstanding. My problem is TWOFOLD: first, it's really impossible to bind that command to any joystick button; as you can see in the figure below, I now set buttons 5 of my joystick as command to center view, and there's no other command sharing same button. This notwithstanding the command does not work. ON THE CONTRARY, same command given thru' keyboard, WORKS.

Second, when using this command (by KB, since, as just explained, it's the only way to have it working) often the PADLOCK VIEW goes crazy and locks up on straight ahead view, and for the rest of the mission I can't padlock anything, which makes for me the mission unplayable, given the extensive use I do of the padlock view.

Thanks.

2021_5_4__14_24_56.png

greybeard_52
On 5/4/2021 at 4:37 PM, greybeard_52 said:

PADLOCK VIEW goes crazy

I would like to extend this issue to when my leader I was following in padlocked view is shot down: in the same manner my padlock view gets stuck on "twelve o' clock" and I can't padlock anything more for all the rest of the mission. Very annoying for me that do extensive use of padlock view. I think it's a bug. Any chance to have it fixed?

FlyingH

Why don´t you just use the F1 (back to cockpit) button to get back from padlock. Then you don´t need to bother with the snap position.