https://www.mediafire.com/file/w5mtlbnw94jgr6i/mp+effectsv7c.zip/file

use with JSGME latest effect version 

also flying circus effectshttps://www.mediafire.com/file/md32cgoaqgvaxvv/ww1+fc+effectsb.zip/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/snofnhc0uvjimk3/lower+endv2.zip/file

and a lower end pc version,only use one set at a time

Edited by meplanes1969
i
  • Thanks 8

Sorry I explained myself badly. I did a winmerge on my previous v6 pack to the one on your link above and there were quite a few differences. Not complaining just curious as to the changes.

an example

image.thumb.png.08c22fde4d7ac627a81e862dadcf64b7.png

image.thumb.png.a89879ff20ac67094bad608994019c36.png

Edited by No457_Stonehouse

Just noticed this with the new effects. Shot down a Bf109 and the smoke trail just lingered for several seconds. I looked back and the whole trail just disappeared at the same time. Instantly. Just for you to look at. Thanks!

1.jpg

For long smoke- fuel- and steamtrails I'm using a different mod all the time.

I don't know if the trails are prolonged in meplanes69 work now.

12 hours ago, Spikos said:

Are you using this one?

Yes, exactly. But maybe you have to pay attention if it overwrites files of the effects mod.

You have to load the 'long trails' after the effects mod of meplanes69 then. Best with JSGME

For me it's working well.

Posted (edited)

updated to version 7,spent time getting better flak,better smoke and contrails from smoke of damaged planes,and better shipsmoke

https://www.mediafire.com/file/w5mtlbnw94jgr6i/mp+effectsv7c.zip/file

No you do not need to mix any other longer contrails with v7

3149B0B2-0959-4949-BF53-562D7B62A46A.jpeg

291DE28F-D32B-4610-961A-1092CD4CE9E7.jpeg

026FB5C4-F12B-43EF-8B18-49CBCE044B47.jpeg

feel free to test v7 and if you find any gremlins let me know

Note the first two pics have been brighted because the mission was in low light.

I think the smoke trials are less bright now,but I do have my gamma set quite low in the mission settings which may help abit

Edited by meplanes1969
Spell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, meplanes1969 said:

No you do not need to mix any other longer contrails with v7

That's good news. I'll give it a try now.

Nice mod!!

Have a question about position lights.

The position lights have no color when using at daytime. Is this intended?

Without the mod, the nav lights are red green and white. With your mod enabled, there are no lights at daytime.

Thank you!

The landing lights are from 1946,I did not like the ufo over bright lights so I think this is a sort of fix,I have done a quick fix as of last night,the start up exhaust smoke is back again ok,also I forgot to change to the longer smoke contrails,so just redownload to v7.

Also in my latest versions you no longer get the black over Rev smoke

you did see a small amount of black over rev smoke in real ww2 conditions.

so I did change some of the air effects to get a better balance.

but as far as the aircraft lights I really have no idea

The problem is when the effects were originally done,one dds particle effect can have use for more than one effect ie the black smoke.

some of the effects are written in thousands of letter of code so I would amagine it’s a nightmare to change anything,

I think most games now have one animation effect for each effect,I am no expert but I think if they revamped the effects from scratch this is the way they would go

• Thanks 1

Not sure about the fuel leaks? I flew a PWCG P51 campaign mission just now and I copped an 88mm burst over Arnhem. Didn't kill me but made a real mess of the aircraft and I was leaking fuel quite badly although the engine was fine. Assume the burst was somewhere behind and below. Anyway the fuel leak seemed a bit fluffy if you know what I mean and dissipated not that far behind the aircraft. I would have thought it would be a longer and finer stream. I need to get down the latest v7 and try again and try to get a pic to show what I mean. 

yes try redownload see if it’s better.

as you know if you change one thing in the effects sometimes it will effect another effect

But I will have a look see if it needs change,it’s good someone is beta testing as I can not always notice everything 😁

Properly v6 was near to perfect but I wanted to get better contrails as I think they are too tame in normal effects

Longer contrails ( I think the better flak maybe messed up a few other things ) I have put in a smaller flak effect as the other one was 341kb

Posted (edited)

I so far haven't seen any problems with flak but will watch for it. I tried the latest v7 and still thought the fuel leak was too much and a bit short. I fiddled around and ended up with the attached and was happier with it. See what you think - could perhaps be a little less opaque still. Is there some sort of attenuation value? the trail seems to still end quite abruptly which is why I was thinking to reduce min opacity a little more.

<edit> changed it again. Made it longer and less min opacity. Also reduced the tile size hoping it made it a bit thinner. This is one attached below.

n-petroltrail.txt

Edited by No457_Stonehouse

Yes I will try the petroltrial laterals it seems endless with the effects ( the smoke trials have never seemed to be really correct )

What map are you using in your pics ?

I will have to try that map retexture looks nice

I think the Rhineland map is the worse,needs more substance I do not know how to put it.

The kuban map is by far the best a real work of art

I done some improvements on the lower end pc effects yesterday,now most of the dds files are smaller also updated with the no ufo lights fix.

also done a few improvements for v7 now v7c.

sorry about the redownloading but every time I see things that can be changed slightly and it’s good fun I enjoy to do

I found a weird smoke on burning plane on ground I will fix it later when I get back from work

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2