BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 67

Greetings,

I’d like to apologize to those who’s used to reading our diaries on Fridays because we’ve skipped a couple of them recently. The project is on its finish line, and we find it hard to come up with all-fresh news hooks. We have so much to do and there’s so few time left. But I feel sad for being that involved in high-speed development and not in talking to you more. That’s why I’m making this blog although there’s still no news because we’re working real hard.

Every Friday you get new versions for Early access, and we get your feedback, fix found bugs and prepare small additions for future. This version is not an exception, and what’s new is that I going to tell you the change log even thou we normally don’t do that.

We’ve been persistent enough and we managed to convince our engineers to make a step back from epic tasks and finally fix the compasses.

A tactic-changing element has also been added. From now on incoming air will put pressure on the flaps when you try to release them during a high speed flight. This will only have effect on two aircraft: Yak-1 and IL-2 since they have a pneumatic gears drive. Hydraulics would cope with the pressure but not the pneumatics. Note that nothing is going to happen if you gain speed with the flaps released all the time because they are locked hard in set positions. So, you’re free to experiment and learn about the corrections that may need to be made for further aerial combat experiences.

Also we keep working on the stats system applying first versions of it to multiplayer. It’s practically complete but there are still many bugs in it. Today’s update removes most of them, for instance, negative score points after the flight. Several new elements will be also included such as team score (coalition score points) and updated logics of scoring when your team wins.

Issues with friction of some planes has been fixed; you may have noticed that they used to dig the nose down in case of belly landing.

We keep on optimizing the game because we believe that good graphics is not really pleasant if you don’t get decent performance. Some performance problems have been resolved, some are still there.  Finding and fixing these bugs is a painstaking work which requires lots of patience both from you and us.

I’m not going to describe all the minor fixes, reading these details is not worth your time - I’ve told you the key things already. And the last thing I wanted to tell you today: we’re fine and the work is going as planned  even thou good summer weather and pretty girls are against it - planes is what’s inspiring us.

Full news

You can ask new questions in this thread

You're very welcome to subscribe for new videos here

• Upvote 6

"We keep on optimizing the game because we believe that good graphics is not really pleasant if you don’t get decent performance. Some performance problems have been resolved, some are still there.  Finding and fixing these bugs is a painstaking work which requires lots of patience both from you and us."

While I wholeheatedly agree on the above sentiment I hope you will not "dumb down" the graphics to give more performance but give options to turn them down, so the people who are fortunate enough to already have good performance can keep the high fidelity of graphics that are available now. If this was relating to bug fixes please ignore

excellent job so far, keep up the great work :)

P.S. please someone (devs) make a further comment on possible future changes to FM especially 109 so all the bitching/speculation/flamewars can stop

Cheers Dakpilot

Edited by Dakpilot

we’re fine and the work is going as planned  even thou good summer weather and pretty girls are against it - planes is what’s inspiring us.

I've been to Moscow, that takes willpower of iron.......I mean literally wall to wall hotties.

a word on the190 would be awesome.

However i am already grateful for the early update this week.

Sounds good.  When will we see the 190?  That's at the top of my list.

a word on the190 would be awesome.

However i am already grateful for the early update this week.

We continue to work with the cockpit, all the other elements are ready.

• Upvote 3

S!

Good to hear the work is going well. Just feel that the flap mechanics introduced are not curing the "flipflop flap fighting" at all. Put a proper DM to flaps and it would help along with the proposed addition. Always good to read about performance being tweaked to the better :) Have a good one everyone :)

Edited by LLv34_Flanker
  • Upvote 2

You are certainly addressing all of my concerns and I really appreciate it. Thanks to the team and testers for improving BOS and helping the community better enjoy our hobby.  The new changes to the flap performance make sense and should add positively to gameplay. I look forward to the future of BOS. Thanks again.  :salute: MJ

I've been to Moscow, that takes willpower of iron.......I mean literally wall to wall hotties.

+1.   And they "dress" for the summer, if you know what I mean.  ;)

I had to double take to remember what day it was...I guess I've been conditioned well to assume these happen on Fridays. I always look forward to reading the changelog when you guys provide one, it helps give good insight into what you do behind the scenes of the forums.

Thanks!

Edited by SYN_Requiem

hmm my client isnt patching? But when trying to login i get the message to update. anyone elöse?

And thanks for the headsup BlackSix!

Edited by VSG1_Winger
  • Upvote 1

"We keep on optimizing the game because we believe that good graphics is not really pleasant if you don’t get decent performance. Some performance problems have been resolved, some are still there.  Finding and fixing these bugs is a painstaking work which requires lots of patience both from you and us."

While I wholeheatedly agree on the above sentiment I hope you will not "dumb down" the graphics to give more performance but give options to turn them down, so the people who are fortunate enough to already have good performance can keep the high fidelity of graphics that are available now. If this was relating to bug fixes please ignore

excellent job so far, keep up the great work :)

P.S. please someone (devs) make a further comment on possible future changes to FM especially 109 so all the bitching/speculation/flamewars can stop

Cheers Dakpilot

I agree, I also dont seem them making the game less pretty for those who have beast PC's, so I'm sure its bug fixes.

I get the Error #10005 [need to update game something], too. I hope this is due to some desynch between login-server and launcher-server... I will make myself a tea and if it is not fixed until then, I will call it a night. Tomorrow is another day.

I get the Error #10005 [need to update game something], too. I hope this is due to some desynch between login-server and launcher-server... I will make myself a tea and if it is not fixed until then, I will call it a night. Tomorrow is another day.

...same here.. grrrrr.. 50min... still error

We continue to work with the cockpit, all the other elements are ready.

Looking forward to this. The 190 might finally drag me to the axis side (at least occasionally). Always been a favorite of mine. These pure lines .... mmmmmh!

I can no longer log into the game after update 67.

It keeps telling me "Wrong email or password" though I´m 100% certain both are correct.

I tried to reset my password to no avail.

FinnJ

Compasses that show correct north and south, hooray and keep up the good work team. Looking forward to the 190, might get to fly for the baddies for a change.

• Upvote 1

Ahh, today must be Friday--no work tomorrow  ( yeh !!!! ) --ooops--- !!! 

Seriously, thanks for the update ( compasses reading correctly is great !!!! )

cheers and thanks again---sf---

Thnx team and have a good holiday!

Beware them girls are everywhere now... :ph34r: