Game version 4.601 discussion: Spitfire Mk.XIV, Nieuport 28.C1, GAZ-MM 72-K, other changes

Just now, Jason_Williams said:

hitting planes in the GAZ is not super easy

sounds like a challenge....

What say you @dukethejuke? You're pretty durn handy with the Sherman's .50 cal. 'Terror of the 110s' they call him 😄

Yeah it isn't easy to land shots in the GAZ, but what a cool feeling to take out a bomber.... Gonna take quite a bit of time to hit a fighter though, little buggers move too fast! 

Loving it so far, the new explosions are sooo good. 😁

• Like 1

SpitXIV feels so damn right, you can feel the torque effect more than on any other plane especially on takeoff, it feels wild and demands to be tamed, more unstable and quirky than older Spit versions as expected!

Overall i think they did a really good job regarding SpitXIV from single flight that i tried it!

Now bad part, seems DVD have serious impact on game performance, sinks fps like crazy making it VR unplayable (i7 10700k, rtx3080, reverb g2).

I tested it in QMB, SpitXIV vs Me262, once 262 damaged and smoking fps goes down quite a lot.

Didn't check but i hope there is option in game settings to disable it.

2 minutes ago, =VARP=Ribbon said:

I tested it in QMB, SpitXIV vs Me262, once 262 damaged and smoking fps goes down quite a lot.

Neither the Spit XIV or 262 have DVD enabled.

• Upvote 4
4 minutes ago, =VARP=Ribbon said:

SpitXIV feels so damn right, you can feel the torque effect more than on any other plane especially on takeoff, it feels wild and demands to be tamed, more unstable and quirky than older Spit versions as expected!

Overall i think they did a really good job regarding SpitXIV from single flight that i tried it!

Now bad part, seems DVD have serious impact on game performance, sinks fps like crazy making it VR unplayable (i7 10700k, rtx3080, reverb g2).

Didn't check but i hope there is option in game settings to disable it.

Try rebooting after update.

Seems to make a difference often.

• Upvote 1
  • 1CGS
Just now, Badger343rd said:

I can't load used made missions or campaigns??? Is there something special I have to do after updating to make them work again??...says mission is loading but nothing happens.

The mission format has changed, so third-party missions or campaigns need to be resaved (using mission editor or mission resaver utility).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Diggun said:

Neither the Spit XIV or 262 have DVD enabled.

Than it must be other gfx improvements like HE hits or something, i also enabled re-size bar for my gpu....maybe that is the problem....will need to investigate it a bit deeper!

All i know my fps went down to 30-34fps  and it never happened before.

2 hours ago, kendo said:

Try rebooting after update.

Seems to make a difference often.

I did restart after updating game, will try to disable resize bar and check cpu and gpu loads and temps!

Edit: disabled resize-bar in bios and this time tried it in MP, working fine.

Don't know was it cos of resize-bar or something but now runs fine and that's all that matter :))

Edited by =VARP=Ribbon
1 hour ago, =IRFC=Hbender said:

Excited to try the N28!

Unfortunately I got a crash a few seconds in (Arras map quick mission free flight):

C9HRDuM.jpg

Others are also reporting this issue:

Same here...

21. Modeling of the putting out the fuel tank fire by sideslipping the aircraft at high speed has been improved;

So you can put out an engine fire now ? That would be awesome if possible, but how is sideslipping even useful for doing that ?

However for me managing 2-engined planes is still too cumbersome because there are no separate buttons for feathering each propeller.

Please add separate buttons for feathering each propeller.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

I got the same error trying the gaz.

6 minutes ago, itsbillyfrazier said:

Yup - I just tested the N28 and same error message after a few min of flying.

2 hours ago, itsbillyfrazier said:

A nice sunny day outside and a 5GB update for my favorite sim, today is a good day! 

Many thanks guy.

Same! - But is a snowy day here in Southern Ontario...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BladeMeister said:

I am off tomorrow and I was planning to wash the outside and clean the inside of my car, but my priorities have just been changed. Can't wait to try out the new Neup 28 first, the Spitty 2nd and the Gaz third. So Normandy and FCII officially begin, great work 1C!

S!Blade<><

Is it really worth now to buy the second volume of Flying Circus?

• 1CGS
12 minutes ago, US213_Talbot said:

cannot edit my personal training map in the editor

What happens when you open it in the editor? Try to delete .msnbin file and leave only .mission one.

8 minutes ago, ACG_Mephisto said:

Can you play tracks from previous version? After update I get an error message from the tracks I recorded two days ago :(

If there is an .msnbin file in the track subfolder, removing it might help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, WheelwrightPL said:

21. Modeling of the putting out the fuel tank fire by sideslipping the aircraft at high speed has been improved;

So you can put out an engine fire now ? That would be awesome if possible, but how is sideslipping even useful for doing that ?

However for me managing 2-engined planes is still too cumbersome because there are no separate buttons for feathering each propeller.

Please add separate buttons for feathering each propeller.

Functionality already exists

• Confused 1
5 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

there is an .msnbin file in the track subfolder, removing it might help

No luck, deleted the files, but the error message is the same unfortunately...

Tested out the Spit. It's a handful to handle, it feels heavy. I already stalled the plane multiple times. Going to have to work a bit on better AOA control.

Huge huge update with lots of new content and upgrades! Thank yuo devs for the hard work!

I would like to learn more about how the bomber waypoint logic needs to be set up in the Mission editor to do that correctly.

55. The bomber group leader will correctly proceed to the next waypoint after dropping the bombs.

Great job you guys! Sadly I won’t be able to play for the next 4 days. Can someone answer me two things?

1 - Are we now able to have a Spitfire IX modification that allows us to have the 303. MG’s on the wings just like the Spit XIV? 
2 - Can we use the new tactical codes on all of the P-51 skins or just the Default and British ones?

Thank you for the amazing work you put in to the sim devs, it is really a dream come true. 😁

Edited by Callsign_NEW
33 minutes ago, Callsign_NEW said:

Great job you guys! Sadly I won’t be able to play for the next 4 days. Can someone answer me two things?

1 - Are we now able to have a Spitfire IX modification that allows us to have the 303. MG’s on the wings just like the Spit XIV? 
2 - Can we use the new tactical codes on all of the P-51 skins or just the Default and British ones?

Thank you for the amazing work you put in to the sim devs, it is really a dream come true. 😁

Re. 1 - yes there are wing variants with .50s, .303s and without MGs at all; Nah, misread the post.

Re. 2 - no idea, haven't tested yet.

Edited by Art-J
  • Thanks 1

Yeah - it is really cool that we're getting the machine-gun free V-1 hunting field mod! This will be great!

P.S. I still think we could do with cargo versions of the U-2VS and GAZ someday - but I'm super-happy regardless. Also, I'm a bit blown away by all of the features - looking forward to trying being blown away by the bomb effects.

I hope they replace the rubber control cables with steel ones on our dear Mk.XIV. I sincerely hope the XIV will receive some more love. (As hopefully the N.28) While it is true that the Spitfire is slightly unstable and needs to be held where it is going, the nose and wings are really firmly connected to the stick input. There is no mushing and no lagging behind. You move that stick, you move that nose.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
30 minutes ago, Callsign_NEW said:

22 minutes ago, Art-J said:

Re. 1 - yes there are wing variants with .50s, .303s and without MGs at all;

Re. 2 - no idea, haven't tested yet.

Correction to that. The IX has not been changed to give you other armaments.

Edited by Oliver88
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, Oliver88 said:

Correction to that. The IX has not been changed to give you other armaments.

That’s too bad. Well, since they gave us the 150 Octane fuel modification with the release of the P51, it should be just a matter of time before the 303. MG’s too. 

• AKA_Ramstein changed the title to What was the patch we got on Friday 05-07-2021 ?