Sturmovikfest 2021: Mass-Formation Events

5 hours ago, CSW_FMF_Tommy544 said:

One way how to get around this error is to share both the track file and its associated folder (called the same) from the recordings folder.

Thank you.  I now remember that when I've shared tracks before, I included the folder name(s) also.

I'll fix that and have a new download link tonight.

On 4/21/2021 at 5:59 PM, JimTM said:

UPDATE: In the opening post, I added content to section "Event Area Description and Spectator Cameras".

22 hours ago, JimTM said:

Thanks to everyone that took part in the mass formation events. It looks like you enjoyed mixing it up with your fellow pilots, whether right side up or upside down. I'm looking forward to seeing the videos from participants, and I'll try to add one of my own soon.

Special thanks to haluter, Alonzo, and Combat Box for the server setup and to ShamrockOneFive for pulling together a wonderful festival. It was good fun to join in on the events.

Cheers!    :salute:

JimTM

@JimTM Suggestion for next year :)  How about having the C-shaped aircraft pens be spawn sites for folks that want to do Event Recordings?   This has some nice properties: e.g., (i) that the player external camera location is fixed at a good spot for viewing; (ii) that it's clear that an aircraft spawned in a pen is doing photography/videography and not part of any flight and (iii) that participants plane in a pen is not going to be in any flier's way.   Just a thought from someone who hung around to spectate after flying.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, RasterOp98 said:

@JimTM Suggestion for next year :)  How about having the C-shaped aircraft pens be spawn sites for folks that want to do Event Recordings?   This has some nice properties: e.g., (i) that the player external camera location is fixed at a good spot for viewing; (ii) that it's clear that an aircraft spawned in a pen is doing photography/videography and not part of any flight and (iii) that participants plane in a pen is not going to be in any flier's way.   Just a thought from someone who hung around to spectate after flying.

Good idea RasterOp98, although I did put some spectator cameras high and low on the north and south part of the field. I could put some in the pens but I don't want to put too many cameras so that it's not a pain to cycle through them all. I'll think about any pros and cons of spectator cameras versus spawn points (and you can suggest some if you like).

Thanks for joining in.

Edited by JimTM
7 hours ago, itsbillyfrazier said:

Yeah I can confirm the folder is there alright...weird.

Thanks anyway Stoopy, perhaps its better for my ego if I don't see my terrible overshoots and near collisions 😁

Reveal hidden contents

Doc.thumb.png.617b3ebd3a5c22577b1b44da6ca8449d.png

You don't get away that quickly, Billy 😄

Besides, I was horrified to spot a huge mistake I made - I rejoined the formation after taking a collision, and just barged my way into the #4 slot without asking.  Very bad manners on my part  :( 

Anyway, THIS should now work if you extract all contents into your Tracks folder - there are two tracks, Part1 & 2:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-qUGgmn-uvamAc_DFgamwxqeMTgnHHcp/view?usp=sharing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Yes, the formation flight was great fun this year (again)!  And was again the most tense flying I've done in months. Looking forward to checking out the replay and cringing as I confirm that approximately 98% of the time I was way out of position.  😳

But the relaxed atmosphere made it enjoyable nonetheless.  Thanks @JimTM, CB, @haluter etc. for putting this together and thanks to Stoopy for being a great flight lead!

• Thanks 3
2 hours ago, GregP said:

Yes, the formation flight was great fun this year (again)!  And was again the most tense flying I've done in months. Looking forward to checking out the replay and cringing as I confirm that approximately 98% of the time I was way out of position.  😳

But the relaxed atmosphere made it enjoyable nonetheless.  Thanks @JimTM, CB, @haluter etc. for putting this together and thanks to Stoopy for being a great flight lead!

You weren't out of position; Stoopy was way out of position ahead of you.   :)

Glad you could participate in the event GregP. 

• Haha 1