I ran Il2 on a G2 with the rig in my sig, but a 1080Ti before the 3070.  I ran at 50% render resolution on the G2 and the same settings I used for my Rift S. It ran great and looked much better then the Rift S.  Once you get a 3090, just crank the render resolution up.   I was able to goto 65% with the 3070 without loss of framerate.  I'm still hoping to find a 3080 or 3090. Had them in my cart a couple times only to lose out at checkout. Still trying.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2021 at 7:01 AM, =420=Syphen said:

I ran Il2 on a G2 with the rig in my sig, but a 1080Ti before the 3070.  I ran at 50% render resolution on the G2 and the same settings I used for my Rift S. It ran great and looked much better then the Rift S.  Once you get a 3090, just crank the render resolution up.   I was able to goto 65% with the 3070 without loss of framerate.  I'm still hoping to find a 3080 or 3090. Had them in my cart a couple times only to lose out at checkout. Still trying.

Rookie question... where do you adjust the resolution %?   In game? Steam vR?  config?  Thanks!  Just got i7 11700KF with 3070.  Seems to run well but wondering if I'm getting the most out of it. 

Edited by Jaxx642
add comment
6 hours ago, Jaxx642 said:

Rookie question... where do you adjust the resolution %?   In game? Steam vR?  config?  Thanks!  Just got i7 11700KF with 3070.  Seems to run well but wondering if I'm getting the most out of it. 

SteamVR settings under individual application settings. You can manually set what you'd like it to be. Play around with it and see what you like.  The closer you can get your framerate to a stable 90 fps, the better your spotting will be.