Oculus - Air Link Wireless and 120 Hz refresh coming to Quest 2.

Sounds neat for people that play games which involve some form of locomotion, paired with that decamove motion tracker. Couldn't care less about the cable in seated sim situations. Infinite office, eh, I don't think VR is meant for that sort of thing; at least not currently.

It's great in general!

It does not matter at all for IL-2, but it's still great because it means my future Index 2 / Vive 2 / whatever it will be at 2x 2k² @ 90Hz can be wireless.

3 hours ago, Goldstein said:

Does anyone have a good IL-2 settings guide for the quest 2? It's conspicuously absent from all guides stickied here. 

This would be nice, currently trying to get it running nicely atm. Can get a decent frame-rate np with my 3070 but struggling to get rid of shimmer on tree's/cities.

It's nice to see the Quest 2 getting the support it has.  Say what you will about Facebook, their business practices etc... I like the Quest 2 and whats happening with it.   I still fly IL2 and DCS with a Reverb G2 though. 😛

1 minute ago, =420=Syphen said:

It's nice to see the Quest 2 getting the support it has.  Say what you will about Facebook, their business practices etc... I like the Quest 2 and whats happening with it.   I still fly IL2 and DCS with a Reverb G2 though. 😛

Yeah whilst I have left Oculus at least for now they are certainly putting the effort in to not only grow VR but also to appeal to the PC-VR community with the Quest 2.

So they really did not totally abandon PC-VR. I still very much do not like the Facebook Account required part of their offering.

Apparently there are reports of the Quest 2 having been jailbroken, so the FB shenanigans might be avoided soon enough.

@MoleUK
Shimmering can be reduced considerably by disabling the sharpen option, enabling MSAA and adding a touch of supersampling (even 1.1 does the trick on the Rift S), also clamp the negative LOD bias in your GPU profile settings for the game.

4 hours ago, 335th_GRFirdimigdi said:

Apparently there are reports of the Quest 2 having been jailbroken

This is nice. If they produce a Quest3 with a better FOV and better comfort (no battery at front) it will be good to jailbreak it as well.

But probably at that time the Index2 will be a reality.

23 hours ago, 335th_GRFirdimigdi said:

Apparently there are reports of the Quest 2 having been jailbroken, so the FB shenanigans might be avoided soon enough.

@MoleUK
Shimmering can be reduced considerably by disabling the sharpen option, enabling MSAA and adding a touch of supersampling (even 1.1 does the trick on the Rift S), also clamp the negative LOD bias in your GPU profile settings for the game.

Yeah I'd gone through all those steps already with zero success, now switched from Oculus link to virtual desktop and it's immediately made a difference with the same settings, so going to do some more tweaking. It's already far more playable now.

Quest 2 using link cable.  System specs i7 9700K, RTX 2070 16gb ram  at 72Hz

Using the Oculus Tray tool & Open Composite at default

Launching Game from Desktop Icon.  Not using STEAM VR

OTT settings Game Settings for IL2 Launcher:

S.S 1.0

ASW OFF

Set Delay 5  Default

CPU Priority HIGH

Detection  WMI

Screen Mirror  DEFAULT

GPU Scaling OFF

Game Settings  OTT

ASW OFF

Adaptive GPU Scaling OFF

Mirror FOV Multiplier  0.75   0.80  It says it does not effect FOV for Rift but it helps with Oculus.  Got this tip from Starwars Squadrons forums.  May want to different settings for your personal taste.

Voice Commands  ENABLED

Oculus Home  DISABLED

Mirror Oculus Home  DISABLED

Visual HUD  NONE

OVR Server Priority  NORMAL

Power Options Ultimate Performance

Quest Link Settings  OTT

RTX 2070+

Distortion Curvature  HIGH

Encode Resolution  2912

Bit Rate 250

Your mileage may vary.  I have no problems with motion sickness personally.  I do get slowdowns and some stuttering with a lot of action.  I do manage to maintain a pretty steady 72 fps.  Played some scripted campaign missions  Fortress on the Volga...over the city a bit of slowdown. I know I'm  not getting the best quality visuals but have to compromise with my system.

Edited by chilemike