I notice how turbulence is always present and seemingly constant at all altitudes in missions generated by PWCG. As far as I know, turbulence should follow the boundary layer trend, that is exponentially reducing moving away from ground, becoming null at a few hundreds metres of altitude.

5 hours ago, greybeard_52 said:

I notice how turbulence is always present and seemingly constant at all altitudes in missions generated by PWCG. As far as I know, turbulence should follow the boundary layer trend, that is exponentially reducing moving away from ground, becoming null at a few hundreds metres of altitude.

My very memorable flight of many years ago where the cabin crew sat strapped in for the duration would disagree with that assessment :) 

7 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

...very memorable flight...

This is the point! It is not normal for the aircraft to be shaken by turbulence at high altitude and out of the clouds * throughout the flight *, as happens in missions generated with PWCG. Normally there is some turbulence near the ground, where the winds are "slowed down" by the ground and its reliefs, but at high altitudes the turbulence is occasional. In PWCG there is a _max_ limit for turbulence, and this for me should mean that during the flight, as in reality, you * can * encounter more or less severe turbulence, within that limit. In reality I notice that the turbulence is always there, at all altitudes and always with the same intensity. If reality is not programmable, in my opinion it would be better to limit it to the lowest altitudes.

• Like 1