Does Panic Stop for vehicle only work on a road? Answer No. Needs Timer.

DD_Friar

Salute

I am trying to programme a convoy of trucks to "Panic Stop" when the lead truck is damaged.

This is an off road convoy.

I have linked to a formation command from an "onDamaged" report but the trucks are not "panicking"

Does this feature only work if actually on a road? Or have I just messed up the coding?

Edited by DD_Friar
Gambit21

Friar, I haven't tested this for an 'off road' convoy, but I suggest the following.

Set up the logic with an on road convoy, but trigger the panic stop with a timer or a waypoint to make sure it's working.

Then change the formation to off road and see if it still works.

Using 'on damaged' is introducing a variable that is more difficult to test.

After you can use a subtitle piped into the 'on damaged' report so that you know when/if it's firing if the above test is positive.

Or skip to the subtitle debug in your current logic.

• Like 1
JG7_X-Man
3 hours ago, Gambit21 said:

Friar, I haven't tested this for an 'off road' convoy, but I suggest the following.

Set up the logic with an on road convoy, but trigger the panic stop with a timer or a waypoint to make sure it's working.

Then change the formation to off road and see if it still works.

Using 'on damaged' is introducing a variable that is more difficult to test.

After you can use a subtitle piped into the 'on damaged' report so that you know when/if it's firing if the above test is positive.

Or skip to the subtitle debug in your current logic.

Easy peasy! :scratch_one-s_head::biggrin:

Jaegermeister
10 hours ago, DD_Friar said:

I am trying to programme a convoy of trucks to "Panic Stop" when the lead truck is damaged.

This is an off road convoy.

I have linked to a formation command from an "onDamaged" report but the trucks are not "panicking"

Does this feature only work if actually on a road? Or have I just messed up the coding?

Panic Stop will work for any formation, on or off road. Your event needs to target a trigger timer, then to the Command Formation, then object linked to the vehicle.

If you use the "onDamaged" event from the lead vehicle, keep in mind that any vehicle targeting the lead vehicle will trigger it too.

It may be that your damaged vehicle can't panick stop any more, so the other vehicles stop moving and have to go around it.

The logic is weirdly logical like that. It should work, post a screenie of your MCUs if it doesn't

DD_Friar

ok thanks. I think I am missing the timer in between the formation command and the truck. I will review and post back.

Salute

DD_Friar

@Jagermeister13 Just amended my test mission and adding the timer has done the trick. many thanks

Now to try and take it a stage further by making the convoy change direction. :)

• DD_Friar changed the title to Does Panic Stop for vehicle only work on a road? Answer No. Needs Timer.