Jump to content

Few questions how to make life easier in VR


Recommended Posts

Tapi

Hi, after 2 years pause I have VR again (G2 REVERB) and I would like to ask experienced VR users few questions:

1. I usually only start WMR for SteamVR and it automatically launches SteamVR and WMR. I do not use WMR cliffhouse environment, so I would like to know if Is it somehow possible to  make start WMR window minimized? 

2. Is there any option to run IL-2 in VR directly via the icon from desktop?  ie. is there some way how make steam app directly run in SteamVR?

3. I use fpsVR - it runs as and overlay. There is an option in the sw settings to define hotkey for hiding the overlay and for taking screenshot of the overlay. None of them works for me. What do I miss?

THX

Edited by Tapi
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Tapi changed the title to Few questions how to make life easier in VR
dburne

1 - that is same way I start it up and works well for me, not aware of a way for it to start minimized.

2 - After doing the above, I always start IL-2 from the desktop shortcut ( IL-2.exe).

3: I do not use so I don't know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tapi

THX dburne,

add 2 - I will try (I usually use VR controller ,to run IL-2 from inside the VR, but that is not a very quick & comfortable way how to launch game)

Link to post
Share on other sites
dburne
8 minutes ago, Tapi said:

THX dburne,

add 2 - I will try (I usually use VR controller ,to run IL-2 from inside the VR, but that is not a very quick & comfortable way how to launch game)

 

Yeah I cant tell you the last time I saw either the Steam VR environment or the WMR environment.

I launch WMR for Steam VR before putting headset on.

I then put headset on top of head, and launch IL-2.exe from desktop. Once loaded I lower headset over face , hit re-center button once, then off I go to fly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6./ZG26_Saker
2 hours ago, Tapi said:

Hi, after 2 years pause I have VR again (G2 REVERB) and I would like to ask experienced VR users few questions:

1. I usually only start WMR for SteamVR and it automatically launches SteamVR and WMR. I do not use WMR cliffhouse environment, so I would like to know if Is it somehow possible to  make start WMR window minimized? 

2. Is there any option to run IL-2 in VR directly via the icon from desktop?  ie. is there some way how make steam app directly run in SteamVR?

3. I use fpsVR - it runs as and overlay. There is an option in the sw settings to define hotkey for hiding the overlay and for taking screenshot of the overlay. None of them works for me. What do I miss?

THX

I am sure that the need to use WMR for steam vr has been patched out. After launching WMR it will load SteamVR when you launch the game. @[FF]Saiyon has showed me that on your desktop shortcut you can edit the location and add /vr at the end and that will cause it to launch in VR. I am at work so I don't have the exact answer but if no one answers you I will when I get back to my PC.

 

I have my sensor taped over to simulate wearing the headset, so I launch WMR, minimize it then use the IL2 shortcut and I'm done. *Excluding messing with audio devices for comms.

Edited by 6./ZG26_Saker
Added detail
Link to post
Share on other sites
Tapi
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Saker said:

I am sure that the need to use WMR for steam vr has been patched out. After launching WMR it will load SteamVR when you launch the game. @[FF]Saiyon has showed me that on your desktop shortcut you can edit the location and add /vr at the end and that will cause it to launch in VR. I am at work so I don't have the exact answer but if no one answers you I will when I get back to my PC.

 

I have my sensor taped over to simulate wearing the headset, so I launch WMR, minimize it then use the IL2 shortcut and I'm done. *Excluding messing with audio devices for comms.

Looks like the suffix (parameter) I am looking for. I will try it. THX.

Edited by Tapi
Link to post
Share on other sites
[FF]Saiyon

To launch il2 into VR from a shortcut I use the following:

 

steam://launch/307960/vr

 

You need to also change to the word to "launch" and add VR at the end. Create a default steam il2 desktop shortcut then edit it in properties to the above.

 

Cheers

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
310_cibule
On 4/12/2021 at 1:20 PM, dburne said:

 

Yeah I cant tell you the last time I saw either the Steam VR environment or the WMR environment.

I launch WMR for Steam VR before putting headset on.

I then put headset on top of head, and launch IL-2.exe from desktop. Once loaded I lower headset over face , hit re-center button once, then off I go to fly.

So do I. Exactly. It may matter whether one runs Il2 via Steam or directly from PC, doesn't it?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...