VKB Gladiator Mk.II POV Switch

-Six-Motivated

In short, the POV switch on my VKB Gladiator Mk.II has became less tactile and now when I press the down directional button there's really no sense of feedback. When I press up, left, or to the right there's that "click". Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

I've owned this joystick for around 3 years now so I'm positive it's out of warranty and well aware the joystick has been succeeded by the NXT. I just can't bring myself to replace it as I love the KG12 grip and the joystick functions perfectly otherwise.

• Like 1
Sokol1

Now that you mention I check and my Gladiator Mk.II is the same, HAT don't don't click, but work. 😜

An workaround - I used in old (1998) CH Combatstick, is open the HAT and put a drop of CA in micro-switch pole - use a toothpick, because if the glue run inside micro-switch = ruined.

The glue layer a small height that may is suficiente for make the micro-switch click again, the copper membrane inside the micro swtich probable has lost some of the spring effect.

Other option is replace the micro-swtich, using OMRON B3F-1022 - involve de-solder, solder.

Or contact VKB and see if they sell a new POV HAT assembly.

Edited by Sokol1
GOA_Firebird_

Hi, im having now that problem with the PPT button and 270° POV , but they still working fine.

S

-Six-Motivated
2 hours ago, Sokol1 said:

Now that you mention I check and my Gladiator Mk.II is the same, HAT don't don't click, but work. 😜

An workaround - I used in old (1998) CH Combatstick, is open the HAT and put a drop of CA in micro-switch pole - use a toothpick, because if the glue run inside micro-switch = ruined.

The glue layer a small height that may is suficiente for make the micro-switch click again, the copper membrane inside the micro swtich probable has lost some of the spring effect.

Other option is replace the micro-swtich, using OMRON B3F-1022 - involve de-solder, solder.

Or contact VKB and see if they sell a new POV HAT assembly.

I reached out to VKB Support via email earlier so hopefully they'll be able to sell me a replacement part. I'm not familiar with soldering nor do I have the equipment so that's not an option. If all else fails, I'll just have to live with it until something major breaks.

dburne
7 minutes ago, -Six-Motivated said:

I reached out to VKB Support via email earlier so hopefully they'll be able to sell me a replacement part. I'm not familiar with soldering nor do I have the equipment so that's not an option. If all else fails, I'll just have to live with it until something major breaks.

I reached out to see if I could purchase a wire harness for my Gunfighter Mk III gimbal to have as a spare, since I broke mine and soldered it back together.

They are not much on considering parts that are not already listed in their store.

I love my VKB gear, but would be nice if they would at least respond with a yay or nay.

• Sad 1
WallysWorld
16 hours ago, -Six-Motivated said:

I've owned this joystick for around 3 years now so I'm positive it's out of warranty and well aware the joystick has been succeeded by the NXT. I just can't bring myself to replace it as I love the KG12 grip and the joystick functions perfectly otherwise.

I completely understand your statement about loving the KG12 grip. I've had my Mk.II for almost two years and I'm not really that interested in replacing it with the NXT version because of a lack of buttons on the base. The Mk.II is a wonderful flight stick.

-Six-Motivated
24 minutes ago, WallysWorld said:

I completely understand your statement about loving the KG12 grip. I've had my Mk.II for almost two years and I'm not really that interested in replacing it with the NXT version because of a lack of buttons on the base. The Mk.II is a wonderful flight stick.

I really wish VKB would have stuck with the WW2 theme they had going with the Gladiator series. It just seems like it would be really odd to me using a modern jet joystick while flying old war birds!

unlikely_spider
15 minutes ago, -Six-Motivated said:

I really wish VKB would have stuck with the WW2 theme they had going with the Gladiator series. It just seems like it would be really odd to me using a modern jet joystick while flying old war birds!

This sim doesn't have clickable cockpits, so I need to manage items like rpm, mixture, trim, weapons settings, gear, flaps, etc somehow, as well as admin stuff like zooming. WW2 sticks don't have enough buttons to manage that stuff.

dburne
1 hour ago, unlikely_spider said:

This sim doesn't have clickable cockpits, so I need to manage items like rpm, mixture, trim, weapons settings, gear, flaps, etc somehow, as well as admin stuff like zooming. WW2 sticks don't have enough buttons to manage that stuff.

I am with you there, I love all the buttons I can get.

Never used the original KG12 grip that came with my first Gunfighter back with the Mk I.

-Six-Motivated

Can't imagine having the NXT in that case. There's hardly any buttons compared to the Gladiator 😶

Sokol1
18 hours ago, unlikely_spider said:

They remove the buttons from base of NXT for sell the GEX_SEM modules. :) 

Spoiler

image.png.7711f5267e040f4cd45ebc5a6ce1dc

BTW - VKB test this combination, but think that will don't have demand, as will cost more than NXT and have less buttons (on grip).

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e2320f6981ae714141681e21

Edited by Sokol1
-Six-Motivated
43 minutes ago, Sokol1 said:

They remove the buttons from base of NXT for sell the GEX_SEM modules. :) 

Hide contents

image.png.7711f5267e040f4cd45ebc5a6ce1dc

BTW - VKB test this combination, but think that will don't have demand, as will cost more than NXT and have less buttons (on grip).

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.e2320f6981ae714141681e21

I'll buy it only because I don't currently have a dedicated throttle.

• 2 weeks later...
-Six-Motivated

Just an update on my original post. I was able to contact VKB Support and they are sending me another POV switch free of charge! If anyone else is bothered enough, reach out to them and I'm sure they'll help you out as well.