Change throttle rpm percentage indicator

It would be nice to give us throttle and rpm settings indication as actual MAP and RPMs instead of percentage.

I know we have gauges for that but they some times seem to be a bit off. andwith the current engine management modelling where 1% decides if your engine lasts for 30min or just 1

it would be nice to set the engine to the parameters in manuels beeing able to keep the engine in the rpm and MAP limitations statet there.

Cheers

• Upvote 3

The point of Technochat is that the graphic is supposed to be a position indicator, since a real pilot could tell by feel where a lever is set without looking at it. It’s supposed to be a relatively realistic depiction. If you want to see RPMs or MP the realistic way to see that is on your cockpit instruments. There may be a cockpit gauges graphic aid you can display on the screen but I haven’t tried that. 

• Upvote 4
8 hours ago, SharpeXB said:

If you want to see RPMs or MP the realistic way to see that is on your cockpit instruments. There may be a cockpit gauges graphic aid you can display on the screen but I haven’t tried that.

Yes, that is what I meant. an optional grafic display for RPM and MAP setting.

If I fly using gauges to set these you may end up using WEP instead of Combar power which will desroy you engine if used to long, but that is also linked to the current choice of Engine modelling.

E.g.: the Spitfire IXs engine setting for 1h combat is 2850rpm and 12lbs, but if you use gauges to set your engine  you might end up using a bit more (depending on the camera angle for example) end you end up running 2860rpm and 12.5lbs which the system will register as using WEP end severly limits your engine life.

So I would very much like a graphic aid to set the Engine to those parameters precily as long as the engine timing modelling is so punishing.

Cheers

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, the_emperor said:

Yes, that is what I meant. an optional grafic display for RPM and MAP setting.

If I fly using gauges to set these you may end up using WEP instead of Combar power which will desroy you engine if used to long, but that is also linked to the current choice of Engine modelling.

E.g.: the Spitfire IXs engine setting for 1h combat is 2850rpm and 12lbs, but if you use gauges to set your engine  you might end up using a bit more (depending on the camera angle for example) end you end up running 2860rpm and 12.5lbs which the system will register as using WEP end severly limits your engine life.

So I would very much like a graphic aid to set the Engine to those parameters precily as long as the engine timing modelling is so punishing.

Cheers

If you turn on Technochat “Technical” it will tell you when you’re in WEP etc. Some of the Russian planes don’t have emergency ratings though. 

21 hours ago, SharpeXB said:

f you turn on Technochat “Technical” it will tell you when you’re in WEP etc. Some of the Russian planes don’t have emergency ratings though. 

I know. But that feels very unsatisfying.

So I would like to have the option to use a graphical aid so I can set MAP and RPM  precisely to the desired settings as the engine modelling does also precisely measure whether I am running WEP or Combat settings.