A <<insert WW1 name >> moment in multiplayer.

The idea for this post comes from Larner (IIRC) who mockingly called ending in 1v6 fight as "Having  a Voss moment". I wonder how far can this joke be taken? Here's some proposals from me, I hope to see your creativity at work here, too :).

- To have a Böhme moment - to accidentally ram a friendly
- To have a McCudden moment - to lose great v-life to overconfidence-caused landing erroror to invisible obstacle
- To have a Guinemer moment - to lose a great v-life in such way that neither you nor stats page could tell what exactly happened.
- To have a Voss moment - to get into an avoidable  1v5 or worse fight behind enemy lines
- To have a Bidu moment - to get into an avoidable  1v5 or worse fight behind enemy lines and win

- To have a Luke moment - to lose a v-life by turning survivable situation into hopeless fight 
- To have a Hawker moment - to lose a great v-life because enemy plane flight model was absurdly to good
- To have a Richthofen moment - 1) to lose a great v-life by breaking your own rules, out of greed and/or weariness
                                                      - 2) to endlessly complain about your favorite (stats page wise) plane 
- To have a Boelcke moment - to lose a great v-life you had built by flying solo, because of errors of people you decided to fly with
- To have an Adam moment - to realise you're already used to having Boelcke moments

- To have a Nungesser moment - to wake up remembering nothing from previous evening, then find new victories on the stats page
- To have a Bishop moment - to recall a really good fight no one else remembers 
- To have a Fonck moment - to alienate the community on forums but still be welcome team member in the air
- To have a Bäumer moment - to confuse people with your complex name / squadron allegiance / people you really fly with relationship. 

Who can beat it?

Edited by J2_Trupobaw
  • Haha 10

- To have a Central moment - to get into a good old scrap and somehow get out of it with your control cables intact and wings still on

- To have an Entente moment - to look down at the ground and actually see it moving and not because you're accidentally pushing forward on the stick

- To have a D.VIIF moment - to wonder what the hell anyone is complaining about - this game is just fine - where's my third PLM?

- To have a SPAD XIII moment - to never ever turn yet somehow manage to do an instant 180 when you see a D.VIIF pilot hanging in his chute

• Haha 7
  • Upvote 1

- To have a Cadorna moment - to be extremely egotistical, and then to get bounced by an enemy that everyone warned you about.

- To have a Barracca moment - to type ‘S!’ whenever you shoot someone down.

- To have a Göring moment - to do well in FC, only to fail completely on a WWII map due to substance abuse, then ragequit.

- To have an Udet moment - to do really well in FC, only to then go and use the He-111 as a dive bomber, then ragequit because everyone else on your team underestimates Soviet aircraft.

- To have a Park moment - to do pretty well in FC, then backseat pilot your team to victory when they fly Spitfires and Hurricanes. 
- To have a Lothar von Richthofen moment - to do really well, but everyone ignores you because of another guy.
- To have a Wolfram von Richthofen moment - to do okay in FC, then do some sketchy stuff on WWII maps, but your internet drops out before the admins can investigate.

- To have a Beckhardt moment - to be kicked out of your squadron because everyone else is an asshole.

- To have a Hitler moment - to do more menial things really well in FC, then completely ruin WWII matches for everyone involved, even yourself, then ragequit before you can get banned.

- To have a Kazakov moment - to ragequit when you just lost a game and start losing another one.

- To have a Churchill moment - to do something incredibly stupid just to get attention, but everyone forgets because you do really well in CloD the next week.

Edited by [Pb]Cybermat47
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
On 4/8/2021 at 1:54 PM, J2_Trupobaw said:

The idea for this post comes from Larner (IIRC) who mockingly called ending in 1v6 fight as "Having  a Voss moment". I wonder how far can this joke be taken? Here's some proposals from me, I hope to see your creativity at work here, too :).

- To have a Böhme moment - to accidentally ram a friendly
- To have a McCudden moment - to lose great v-life to overconfidence-caused landing erroror to invisible obstacle
- To have a Guinemer moment - to lose a great v-life in such way that neither you nor stats page could tell what exactly happened.
- To have a Voss moment - to get into an avoidable  1v5 or worse fight behind enemy lines
- To have a Bidu moment - to get into an avoidable  1v5 or worse fight behind enemy lines and win

- To have a Luke moment - to lose a v-life by turning survivable situation into hopeless fight 
- To have a Hawker moment - to lose a great v-life because enemy plane flight model was absurdly to good
- To have a Richthofen moment - 1) to lose a great v-life by breaking your own rules, out of greed and/or weariness
                                                      - 2) to endlessly complain about your favorite (stats page wise) plane 
- To have a Boelcke moment - to lose a great v-life you had built by flying solo, because of errors of people you decided to fly with
- To have an Adam moment - to realise you're already used to having Boelcke moments

- To have a Nungesser moment - to wake up remembering nothing from previous evening, then find new victories on the stats page
- To have a Bishop moment - to recall a really good fight no one else remembers 
- To have a Fonck moment - to alienate the community on forums but still be welcome team member in the air
- To have a Bäumer moment - to confuse people with your complex name / squadron allegiance / people you really fly with relationship. 

Who can beat it?

Baeumer moment - to wake up from the previous evening only to remember you're still a Feldwebel.  

On 4/9/2021 at 5:03 PM, kotori87 said:

I think Cynic is referring to a different Plank fellow, but that was a fascinating read.

So were some of Plank's posts

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Just saw this.  I hope that if read by this guy, it is taken in the jovial manner I mean it in.😀

A Capt. Teddy Bear moment: Blow your engine out after 30 minutes of combat power, before the very eyes of your wingman, after confidently proclaiming that you can run it indefinitely at that speed, and if you don't see how right he is, then you're all fools!

Edited by SeaSerpent

A Drookasi moment: To deny to a Camel a turning fight low over the mud while flying a DVIIF but instead drag him toward your lines gaining altitude. To have the Camel pilot shooting at you from 800m with no effect, calling you a coward and a chicken through the in-game chat while he insists on chasing you and when you have him well into your lines and start your bouncing attacks on him, have him throwing a final 'coward' on you and then disconnect.

• Haha 4