Well if you were wondering on what Chris Roberts (Squadron 42) is up to...

...and if you were hoping that the team was using it's time wisely.

Release must be just around the corner right?

The bed bunks behavior progressed, with the team working towards a better abstraction of bed shutter usage and investigating how to support bed sheets when characters are sleeping. Kick-offs to define the medic, illegal goods dealer, deck crew, and janitor behaviors were done too.

What joke.

Anyone who gives money to this team over the past handful of years at least deserves to lose it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
35 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

What joke.

Anyone who gives money to this team over the past handful of years at least deserves to lose it.

Yep that is one I never fell for.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Gambit21 said:

What joke.

My money was spent on Star Citizen back in 2013, including a nifty jacket I quite enjoy - but I haven’t bothered with it for nearly a year now. Jason William’s wisdom to know when to say “no” is very well underscored by what we’ve been seeing in Star Citizen 

• Upvote 3

I put money into it many, many years ago, and got caught up in the hype for a while, had bought a few ships, but got a refund on it all a few years back. I think I still do have the 'cheapest' ship, but it's not been installed for a long time and I've long since written it off.
Some people spent 10's of thousands...

I follow the SC thread on Frontier Elite website and the faithful are very blind to the obvious which make for entertaining reading. How any of them can belive anything that CIG says is incredible.

Chris Roberts is getting richer and richer with his Hollywood accounting.

Edited by DD_Crash

Was this really what was in the Squadron 42 monthly email that just came out? I think I just deleted it haha. There is never anything super exciting in them or anything. Our IL2 weekly Dev Blogs blow their monthly emails out of the water.

SC is fascinating however, I love reading about it good and bad...haven't touched it in years since I bought the cheapest ship way back in 2013 for $30.

It's pretty crazy they can get away with releasing those as the monthly update. Like really? That's all you've done in 1 month? No screenshots, videos, nothing? And how much money have you raised and spent?

Imagine if IL-2 and Jason and the gang had 5% of that budget what they could do. Sad.

On 4/7/2021 at 5:42 PM, Gambit21 said:

What joke.

This guys track record is abysmal. It's one quagmire after another with him.

Am I the only one that remembers what Roberts did to Freelancer and how MS had to come in and rescue it?

4 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

Am I the only one that remembers what Roberts did to Freelancer and how MS had to come in and rescue it?

Nope, you aren´t. I always wondered why on earth people give him money for that StarCitizen crap.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
On 4/9/2021 at 3:20 AM, sevenless said:

Nope, you aren´t. I always wondered why on earth people give him money for that StarCitizen crap.

I remember when I first played Freelancer and thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but it was fraught with bugs and you could see the plethora of nooks of missing features that never made it in. Roberts ran the company the founded (Digital Anvil) right into the ground in just under four years due to gross project and budgetary mismanagement, which is when he abandoned the game and company shortly after with money stuffed in his pockets. MS came in and saved it shortly after.

There's an in-depth article about the development history of Freelancer around the net somewhere. Anyway, reading it mirrors Star Citizen to a T and paints Roberts as the inept clown he really is. The fact that he founded Cloud Imperium with his weird, stalker, wack-job wife/ex-wife/wife again and his lawyer/former lawyer/lawyer again who was involved in that fraudulent pyramid like tax scheme speaks volumes. The fact that CI's financials detail their biggest expense being salaries should raise a red flag for everyone.

Get ready, cause' I can guarantee that CI will fold in the next few years and Roberts will once again abscond with as much money as he can, just like he did with Freelancer. Unless of course people continue to fund his need for feature creep, Ferrari's and hidden trust funds.

Oh, and, Star Citizen has officially exceeded the budget of Avengers: Endgame. F#@kin' LOL!  

10 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

The fact that CI's financials detail their biggest expense being salaries should raise a red flag for everyone.

I was under the impression that in software development companies salaries are alsways the biggest expense. What else is there? Rent for office buildings? Aquiring and Maintaining IT? Electricity? Even combined these costs should be dwarved by the salaries of the employees...

Although from what I heard Roberts and his wifes salaries may be unproportional high - on the other hand I have no idea what salaries are appropriate for the head of a CI sized company...

I'm not sure 'inept clown' is the right description for someone who is quite happily living a very nice multi millionaire lifestyle off lots of other peoples money.
Quite clever really.