Need sound improvements for IL-2 BOS.

=1-Gav/br=Jrbittar

=1-Gav/br=Jrbittar

HI ALL.😃

I want to share my thoughts to see if i´m thinking right or not,  based on all anothers players of il2.

IL-2, its a better game ever of simulation of all aspects, excepted by sounds, and i´m talking of when engine starts, when we gave full throttle, third camera views and even guns fire , so,  is only me that is thinking like that or not?.

Thanks for all.

(sorry for english , tried my best)

Edited by LukeFF
  • Upvote 4
  • LukeFF changed the title to Need sound improvements for IL-2 BOS.
Denum

Same issue 

I wish the engines had more oomph 

I've found using Dolby and tweaking settings to be pretty helpful but it also makes chat hard to hear so..

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Frakkas

I just wished the .50 sound would be better so I would have the feeling to shoot something then the 'pewpew' we have for the moment:

• Upvote 1
Jade_Monkey

Yeah i agree. I don't know if there are technical limitations based on how the sound is implemented but i would love love love to hear more growling sounds out of some of these engines and guns. There might be some IP limitations but I'm sure we can make some progress without licensing sounds.

Of the many things I've had in my wishlist, the dev team has steadily chipped away at it and they have all made it to the game except this one.

My IL2 bucket list is not very ambitious, but sounds is probably the biggest ask left on my list.

Other items:

-Drop tanks (coming soon?)

-Small decorative objects for airfields 

-Animated master arm switch

• Upvote 2
Oyster_KAI

@Jade_Monkey 
Let us continue to work hard to pay attention to the development of sound to make this SIM better:)
Some engine sounds in the game show more details and can have enough volume when running at high speed.
But for example, some later aircraft engines, although they have more power, they are very quiet.
My wish list is:
1. The sound details at idling speed, for example, Fw190A6 does a good job.
2. Different engine speeds and throttle positions correspond to different sounds, at least the volume must match. At present, not only is the volume limited to a certain range, but the sound of the wind also has the absolute dominance, which is enough to overwhelm the sound of the engine running at full RPM + full throttle, which I cannot accept.
3. The multi-level details of the engine sound itself, such as p-38 or Bf109s are very good, hope that more engines can have such sound details.

Edited by Oyster_KAI
Thorne

I agree, I don't find weapon sounds to be terrible but the engines lack bass. Night and day from DCS warbirds

• Upvote 1
Ace000

I agree.

I played IL2 Sturmovik since the first version. After almost 20 years, now I decided to migrate to Great Battles.

And what a big disappointment toward the sounds. The game is good, but the onboard engine sounds are poor. Very soft, muted, treble and lifeless. IL2 1946 engine sounds were much more raw, dirty and powerful.

I wanted to like Great Battles, but the engine sounds are killing the immersion to me. In IL2 1946, when I was onboard and looked right or left and heard the engine, I felt on a war plane. I don't get the same feeling on Great Battles.

I really hope the devs can improve the sounds. If they could import all the engine and gun sounds from IL2 1946 it would be just great.

Edited by Ace000
Ace000

I just want to show some examples. The videos are already set on the parts I want to show. Just click on play and watch for some seconds.

BF 109 on IL2 1946: 

BF 109 on Great Battles:

P-51 on IL2 1946:

P-51 on Great Battles:

He-111 on IL2 1946:

He-111 on Great Battles:

Edited by Ace000
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Ace000

Sorry to bump this thread. But what do devs think about the game sounds, can someone tell me? Any improvements in sight?

The engine sounds are the weak point of the game. The videos I posted above make it clear. The weapons sounds are poor too, worse than in IL2 1946, but I can live with them. However I can't stand the engine onboard sounds. They sound just bad. Don't get me wrong. I think Great Battles is a great game, but due to its poor sounds I believe I'll never like it as the old IL2. 

I was a big IL2 supporter for almost 20 years. I just wanted the devs to know my opinion as an old IL2 player. I have a big respect for your work, but I wanted you to make a reflection on the sound issue.

• Like 1