Skin assignments to AI squads in IL-2 Career Mode

Hi, all. It is my understanding that IL-2 GB doesn't currently assign squadron default or Ace skins to AI planes in its career mode, correct? Just wondering because I don't fly any of the WW2 titles, so I have no idea how the current career mode uses skins. I'd like to know how skins will be handled in Flying Circus II since it is planned to implement a career mode of its own. I can't imagine a WWI career mode without the colorful aircraft of the Great War, but 1C doesn't manage Historical skins the way 777 used to, so I can't see how all of the available community created skins would be used. Maybe I'm totally wrong about this (hopefully), so I'd love to hear what some of you might think. Cheers!

8 hours ago, the_dudeWG said:

Hi, all. It is my understanding that IL-2 GB doesn't currently assign squadron default or Ace skins to AI planes in its career mode, correct? Just wondering because I don't fly any of the WW2 titles, so I have no idea how the current career mode uses skins. I'd like to know how skins will be handled in Flying Circus II since it is planned to implement a career mode of its own. I can't imagine a WWI career mode without the colorful aircraft of the Great War, but 1C doesn't manage Historical skins the way 777 used to, so I can't see how all of the available community created skins would be used. Maybe I'm totally wrong about this (hopefully), so I'd love to hear what some of you might think. Cheers!

you can watch this thread

Spoiler

Edited by MarcoPegase44
  • Thanks 1
17 hours ago, the_dudeWG said:

It is my understanding that IL-2 GB doesn't currently assign squadron default or Ace skins to AI planes in its career mode, correct?

Not, that's not quite right - you can assign squadron default skins in career mode, as well as skins to aces. But, no one's ever added ace skins yet, probably because it's more appropriate to the WWI side.

• Thanks 1
47 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Not, that's not quite right - you can assign squadron default skins in career mode, as well as skins to aces. But, no one's ever added ace skins yet, probably because it's more appropriate to the WWI side.

I tried but I don't know if the possibility of ace skins works, maybe I didn't understand how to do it

But i assign squadron default skins in career mode and it works.

• Thanks 1
18 hours ago, the_dudeWG said:

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'm guessing it might take a little work, but I would imagine those that get it sorted out will be able to pass along what they've been able to code for the skins. This community is pretty good for that type of stuff. S!

Someone that did a whole lot of skin assignments for career mode in Rise of Flight was @TG-55Panthercules, so he'd be a good source of help. Otherwise, as far as I can see, the skin assignment system here works much the same as it does in ROF.