can you make it so that IL-2 doesn't get stuck when you accidentally Alt-tab during loading screen while in full screen?

On 4/6/2021 at 7:43 AM, von_Tom said:

Keep your hands away from the keyboard when the loading screen is up.

Problem fixed.

von Tom

Well behaved Windows programs should not lock up when flipped to background.  You won't find any big name programs and even most games doing this.  It's really not OK, but there are bigger problems to worry about in IL2 at the moment.

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, BCI-Nazgul said:

Well behaved Windows programs should not lock up when flipped to background.  You won't find any big name programs and even most games doing this.  It's really not OK, but there are bigger problems to worry about in IL2 at the moment.

WHAT?! 🤣😂 You must be joking.

I bought a year ago Xbox Game Pass PC for my Son. We've tried a lot of games, 3 different PCs, and I'm shocked how bad many of AAA titles are. Their games, programs like Xbox, Origin, EA Desktop etc. are terrible, and they are working like shit. Specially EA games. I've always thought that their games are not for me, but they just works. Oh boy, I was so wrong. Our guys from 777 studios should be praised compared to them.

1 hour ago, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

it's mystery how to proper alt tab il2 , who knows please share 

I use alt-tab a lot but mostly from the cockpit when I need to do comms stuff like start SRS or whatever.  It works absolutely fine.

This is from VR and it may be different in 2D.

From what I remember of 2D it was better to do ctrl+alt+delete then hit task manager then click on the toolbar or start menu.

von Tom

The only issues with alt-tabbing I noticed are when you alt-tab at the beginning of the loading screen. I mean at the startup of the game and loading screen. You need to give it 3-5 seconds and then the alt-tab is working fine.

On 4/9/2021 at 1:02 AM, =LG=Mad_Mikhael said:

WHAT?! 🤣😂 You must be joking.

I bought a year ago Xbox Game Pass PC for my Son. We've tried a lot of games, 3 different PCs, and I'm shocked how bad many of AAA titles are. Their games, programs like Xbox, Origin, EA Desktop etc. are terrible, and they are working like shit. Specially EA games. I've always thought that their games are not for me, but they just works. Oh boy, I was so wrong. Our guys from 777 studios should be praised compared to them.

All that says is that they aren't properly coded.   Games are the worst by far.   You won't find many big business titles that can't handle running in the background.   Most of my games run in the background OK.  As far as I'm concerned if you going to claim your game runs in Windows then it should be able to handle alt-tab.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 4:43 AM, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

it's mystery how to proper alt tab il2 , who knows please share 

If you try to alt-tab while the screen has started to load things go bad.  I have it down where the in progress bar goes left to right, gets about 2/3 through, and then starts again.  You can alt-tab after it starts again.  To be more safe, just wait until the game finishes its initial load.  After that alt-tab works fine.

I play VR so I have the monitor display set to a smaller that full screen setting.  The game still starts full screen but alt-tab reduces it to the intended size.

It's a little bothersome and should work better, but it is not that big of a deal.

On 4/11/2021 at 6:10 PM, BCI-Nazgul said:

All that says is that they aren't properly coded.   Games are the worst by far.   You won't find many big business titles that can't handle running in the background.   Most of my games run in the background OK.  As far as I'm concerned if you going to claim your game runs in Windows then it should be able to handle alt-tab.

As stated above, IL2 handles alt-tab just fine, as long as you wait a bit.  I agree that you shouldn't have to wait, but it's not that big of a deal.  Once IL2 is running it runs just fine in the background.  I let it run in the background frequently while testing missions.  No issues.

52 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

If you try to alt-tab while the screen has started to load things go bad.  I have it down where the in progress bar goes left to right, gets about 2/3 through, and then starts again.  You can alt-tab after it starts again.  To be more safe, just wait until the game finishes its initial load.  After that alt-tab works fine.

I play VR so I have the monitor display set to a smaller that full screen setting.  The game still starts full screen but alt-tab reduces it to the intended size.

It's a little bothersome and should work better, but it is not that big of a deal.

As stated above, IL2 handles alt-tab just fine, as long as you wait a bit.  I agree that you shouldn't have to wait, but it's not that big of a deal.  Once IL2 is running it runs just fine in the background.  I let it run in the background frequently while testing missions.  No issues.

I know that issue during load,  but I can't do propper alt-tab later during the game, I can just run other windows or app on top of il2 screen but I can't move il2 to task bar and run other programs normaly as in other games, if i manage go to desktop and run any other program it will open il2  in foreground with that program in bacground.