24 HOUR FLASH SALE ON TC, FC1 and BOBP!! (Ended)

1 hour ago, 40plus said:

I'll throw in a guess based on my personal earliest memory of a combat flight sim.... "BoB Their Finest Hour", LucasFilm on PC, I was 11.

Nope, Mario 3 once you got the tanuki suit and used your better climb speed to gain E on those luckless goombas. 

• Haha 2

It's been a busy week and I missed reading this thread but would also like to offer my belated happy birthday wishes to Jason!  THose are some pretty good milestones indeed and most importantly you've taken something that was a hobby, crafted a real gem of a sim out of it, and provided it right back to all of us who enjoy the very same thing.  Thank you!

• Jason_Williams changed the title to 24 HOUR FLASH SALE ON TC, FC1 and BOBP!! (Ended)
  • Jason_Williams locked and unpinned this topic
  • 1CGS

Guys,

Here are the final winner of the questions. If you are a winner please post what freebie you want.

- How old am I today? I gave a hint in a recent DD. 48 years old. Won by Barnacles (Tank Crew)

- What was my very first taste of virtual air combat in a video game? Name the title and system. Combat on Atari 2600. Won by E69_Vonted (BON)

- What was my favorite air combat game on the original Nintendo system? Name the title. Top Gun circa 1987. Won by CountZero (Yak-9 S.1)

- What was my favorite air combat arcade game in an actual coin-op arcade? Name the title. Afterburner circa 1990. Won by Kestrel (What do you want as Freebie?)

- What do I consider my first PC combat flight-sim and what kind of computer did I play it on? F-117 Stealth fighter for PC circa 1991. Won by oc2209 (What do you want as Freebie?)

- Bonus Question: What notable event also happened on April 6th? I have decided to accept two answers.
A.) 
The USA entered WWI by declaring war on Germany. Won by CSW_Hot_Dog (What do you want as Freebie?)
B.) Germany Invades Greece in WWII. Won by Jim_Hawker (What do you want as Freebie?)

Thanks to all for playing and for all the happy birthday wishes!

Jason

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1