FW190 A-6 White 14 of 1./JG 51, flown by Fw. Gunther Josten, Bobruysk, Ostfront, January 1944.

Another skin based on a brilliant profile from Claes Sundin whose books I would highly recommend. The detail, inks and paper quality are outstanding and my photo is in no way representative. I've just noticed that the fuselage band isn't sloped properly so if and when I update the skin I'll try and fix that. I've already fixed the number and attempting to introduce some yellow into the prop spinner is probably just looking for trouble...  besides most of the time it is spinning anyway.. or at least it should be.. :huh:

525134685_gj5.jpg.e5aceb2a4a0277608c528e3561815e08.jpg

424074127_gj6.jpg.d43e808a7ca57fb4475adcfdacb0835c.jpg

1188499637_gj12.jpg.923cd05a61aeda20d575d1d7775a5455.jpg

1030233665_gj8.jpg.061f6373b77763acfed6c448ce5690c6.jpg

1704732118_gj2.jpg.5bc7dfe65d87ffc7bd8d9bb3fbd6b0c1.jpg

Some minor fixes including the band alignment and angle. Also tweaked the camo etc.

1269458155_gj11.jpg.89168f8161adcd752ae4b5a498969094.jpg

https://mega.nz/file/1x93CS6D#jqb1UYQPhlERZTsgcfcvG7NGhiskXLXC5wNqKGj-pVU

Edited by SR603-Flowbee
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 5

Excellent Flowbee, nice to wake up to this Easter present.

Ah! minor request if I may Sir for a skin since you are on winter jackets for Focke Wulfs.

Certainly as I see not often done , Nowotny's  JG54 Fw190A4 I think , no picture but description.

Spring Camouflage white and green but not done often is the one with a touch of brown in this camouflage.

Thank you and keep the skins coming please and hopefully this one.

• Like 1

Excellent works as always Flowbee! I feel your skins are the most realistic skins there are.

Edited by Hanu
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your kind comments and pointing out the error, I think I have fixed this in my update above when I aligned the band to fit in with the profile. I also fixed some other minor glitches. (Ran out of likes as usual)

32 minutes ago, SR603-Flowbee said:

I think I have fixed this in my update above when I aligned the band to fit in with the profile.

Ah, you sure did. Of course I chose to download v6 from the upper link where the error was still present. 🤪

• Thanks 1

Congrats, nearly perfect.

I am not a skinner and so I don't understand what is the reason behind not adding the  yellow spinner and delete the yellow on the front cowling ring.

Is it a technical reason or simple skinner's wish ? 

Very nice work anyway. 

Thanks.

Posted (edited)

🤭 What happened was I was posting my update shortly after you had already posted. But as usual I left the old link up because normally both versions are valid but different. In this case the old link is to a faulty version so I have now removed it so all should be good now.

I like to fix actual faults like this one but sometimes there are things that are slightly odd but I leave them because in reality people also make errors and I think this can add to the realism and is something that adds interest. This is true btw and not a copout 😄

Here is an example of what I mean and I hope my artist friend doesn't object to my tablet snapshot of his brilliant picture of Ginger Lacy.

gingers.jpg.597ca7fa66b4411704fdfbda76523b3b.jpg

I remarked that the left arm looked wooden and was protruding from the sleeve in an unnatural manner. I would expect a sleeve to hang on the arm. Then he showed me the photo on the left. To me the left hand looks too small and again protrudes from the sleeve like it was coming out of a tube but this is an actual photo. Out of interest the artist is Kevin Moffat and his outstanding artwork is well worth checking out.

Edited by SR603-Flowbee
On 4/5/2021 at 8:37 AM, SR603-Flowbee said:

🤭

I like to fix actual faults like this one but sometimes there are things that are slightly odd but I leave them because in reality people also make errors and I think this can add to the realism and is something that adds interest.😄

I do not make errors, and I would appreciate if you would only produce and release perfect skins to compliment my arrogance.
Thank you in advance.:sleep:

S!Blade<><

P.S. That is a beautiful skin Sir!

Edited by BladeMeister
  • Haha 1