Has anybody played this game? If so how does it compare to Tank Crew?

I have not played that one. It's been on my steam list for a long time. However it's single player only and set in a pretty obscure conflict.

I have a friend who owns it who says it is very good. If I remember I will ask him how they compare as he owns tank crew as well.

It's not a bad game and as a sim it's quite realistic. But like all Graviteam games it's somewhat user-unfriendly and takes a lot of time to get into.

In my opinion the main advantages over Tank Crew are the more detailed terrain and the campaign mode, that is a mix of sim and strategy game and offers much better replayability compared to the scripted campaigns of TC.

If you are looking for a realistic single player tank sim and you are willing to spend quite some time to learn the ropes, Steel Armor is certainly the better choice.

It is WONDERFUL and many times, during tank crew's development, I mentioned this game as an example of (some) things to emulate here on great battles. It does has is's flaws tho, mostly an unfriendly interface.

OK here is my mates take. I can already see he is wrong about shooting tank crews and the fact that in il2 you can destroy some terrain such as buildings.

"I haven't played either a huge amount, both interfaces are a bit dodgy. Steel Armour Blaze of war has a better tactical sense, more complete terrain with destructible environment though IL2 has a better resolution. You can also manage the whole battle in Blaze of war which I don't think you can in IL2. Blaze of war also has infantry and tank crews bail out and are shootable."

Edited by [KG]Destaex
  • Confused 1

Guys you all seems to have all the knowledge of tank games. Is er besides TC another WW2 tank game that can be played in VR.

Graphics should be realistic, like to see activities on the ground and I only play in single player mode.