Developer Diary 278 - Discussion

On 4/3/2021 at 1:05 AM, Enceladus said:

Hope that guy's carrying Easter eggs in his side bag

US_Paratroopers.thumb.jpg.0f750320d33432f75c1bcf24cfcaa172.jpg

I hope they are an indication that infantry are coming for ground vehicle operations.

Valid points, though we had people say that the planes in ROF were too expensive back when they were something like $8 for a scout at release, so there will be always be someone. 

Edited by migmadmarine
  • Upvote 1
23 hours ago, CCG_Pips said:

In my squad, we almost all have the JU-52 and we will buy, almost all the C-47 ....😉

Why are you using the word almost all for the C47. They buy it, or they'll be fired from the squad. This is the way of the CCG Squadron. 😉

Edited by Habu
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
6 minutes ago, Bernard_IV said:

Let's keep it to RELEASE THE SPITFIRE XIV ASAP!!!!!!!

Bruh...you haven't even bought BON 😂 no on has a free Spitfire XIV for you.

• Haha 1
21 hours ago, DBFlyguy said:

Bruh...you haven't even bought BON 😂 no on has a free Spitfire XIV for you.

Some people have a very hard time understanding that on their BoN anniversaire  :megaphone:

On 4/4/2021 at 2:06 PM, BlitzPig_EL said:

For the C47, or any non-direct combat aircraft to work in a sim/game environment it needs to be able to contribute via the game's scoring system to the eventual outcome, in the same manner that direct combat aircraft do. This applies to either single or multiplayer.  If not it's all just "feels" and the Douglas will find the same fate as the Junkers 52, flown a few times because it's new, then left gathering dust in the hangar.

The same thing happened in IL2 '46 when we got the C47 and Stinson "Grasshopper" via mods.  They were nothing but a slow flight to a smoking hole in the ground, even with careful mission making.  The compressed nature of simulation just does not work well for these aircraft.  Human players will seek them out as easy kills, and the AI, either in aircraft or AAA guns, will cut them to pieces.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, really I'm not.  But this has been the experience with transport/liason/observation aircraft in sims.  Then take into consideration that they will not generate sales numbers to offset their development costs, and, well, the writing is on the wall here.

It depends on the mission design. In the Finnish Server you need the paratroopers - DD Content !  :)  -  to get new tanks. And all of a sudden you see JU52s in the air again. It´s a pitty that the russian side needs the JU as well for that purpose. One day there might be a C47.

Edited by Quax
16 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Never played on the Finnish server.

I keep thinking about it, then I remember how bad my flying is these days.  Wouldn't want to drag my team down.

With some of the chaos in the high traffic areas I don't think you'd be dragging it down any more than the rest of us. It's worth checking out for the combined arms experience if nothing else.

On 4/8/2021 at 7:51 AM, ShamrockOneFive said:

With some of the chaos in the high traffic areas I don't think you'd be dragging it down any more than the rest of us. It's worth checking out for the combined arms experience if nothing else.

Jumped on for a single sortie Saturday night my time.  Lots of action in the North and Center of the map, so I bombed up a P38 and went South... LOL!

Bombed a train station and accompanying "dugouts" and flew back home unmolested.  I forgot how hard it is to navigate without the map icon on a map I am not all that familiar with.  Got to the target in good order, but getting home was much harder, I landed at a base I did not take off from, but I think it was one that was low on aircraft, so maybe it helped?  In any case I blew up some valid targets, so I'll take it. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Jumped on for a single sortie Saturday night my time.  Lots of action in the North and Center of the map, so I bombed up a P38 and went South... LOL!

Bombed a train station and accompanying "dugouts" and flew back home unmolested.  I forgot how hard it is to navigate without the map icon on a map I am not all that familiar with.  Got to the target in good order, but getting home was much harder, I landed at a base I did not take off from, but I think it was one that was low on aircraft, so maybe it helped?  In any case I blew up some valid targets, so I'll take it. 

Fantastic! Sounds like you had a great time on there!

On 4/2/2021 at 4:25 PM, FlyingShark said:

Me too, together with a B25, B26 and the A20G hopefully one day.

Or whatever they come off with.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

...  and do not forget the Beaufighters  please !

The Beaufighter X would be a nice supplement for the Mosquito. Especially with torpedoes implemented to the game ! 😉

Mediteranean theater, Norway, Biscaya, Chanel, north Afrika or far east:   Beaufighters could be used everyhere !!!

THX for Your work

Cheers

Doc

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Docholiday said:

...  and do not forget the Beaufighters  please !

The Beaufighter X would be a nice supplement for the Mosquito.

Yeah, those too.

2 hours ago, Docholiday said:

Especially with torpedoes implemented to the game !

And that also.

Have a nice day.

:salute: