Reshade VR Shaders mod, Anyone tried it with IL-2?

Yes, and I am very happy with the result. Contrast, tonemap and above all the sharpness are fantastic. I've always waited for these shaders ...

13 hours ago, readyred1 said:

Yes, and I am very happy with the result. Contrast, tonemap and above all the sharpness are fantastic. I've always waited for these shaders ...

In DCS the files are put in the bin folder, where do You install it in IL-2?

Unfortunately some online servers don't approve this I have noticed. A shame really, colour and "feel" in VR was so much better with this enabled.

Oh well, perhaps I will continue to be offlinen and use this and PWCG in the future.

Thanks will give this a go later 👍

1 hour ago, readyred1 said:

Yes, G2 and wmr here 

Put it in    (Steam)    :\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game

14 hours ago, SvAF/F16_Goblin said:

Unfortunately some online servers don't approve this I have noticed. A shame really, colour and "feel" in VR was so much better with this enabled.

Oh well, perhaps I will continue to be offlinen and use this and PWCG in the future.

Because people were abusing Reshade to spot people across the map.  A few bad eggs will ruin a good thing. 

• Sad 1

Hi yes unzip directly into your bin/game/  folder {worth making a backup of your game folder}. When you start the game you can access the settings with the home key and enable / disable with the end key . The stock settings work quite well but for me I reduced the saturation slightly. Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

@shirazjohn , @SvAF/F16_Goblin @readyred1  or others who using this.

You mean the complete map into /bin/game/ReshadeVR_sharpen_color

Edited by shirazjohn

I just cannot get this to work with my Reverb G1.   I'm sure I'm putting the files in the right directory (\bin\game) but no config overlay and no effects.  I've tried the x86 version of the dxgi.dll and the x64, no luck.

I used the old reshade before VR and it worked perfectly, but just can't get this to work.  Does this only work for steam version of the game?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Labroisse

6 hours ago, II./JG1_Labroisse said:

I just cannot get this to work with my Reverb G1.   I'm sure I'm putting the files in the right directory (\bin\game) but no config overlay and no effects.  I've tried the x86 version of the dxgi.dll and the x64, no luck.

I used the old reshade before VR and it worked perfectly, but just can't get this to work.  Does this only work for steam version of the game?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Labroisse

Hi Labroisse I have the non steam version of the game and i downloaded the file from the link which the op provided above , extracted it to the bin/game folder and it worked without doing anything else, the settings overlay is only visible on the monitor not in your hmd , you can access it with the home key and enable disable the effects with the end key.

I've never used reshade until now so i haven't much experience with it but it worked straight out of the box for me . Sorry i can't be of more help.

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, shirazjohn said:

Hi Labroisse I have the non steam version of the game and i downloaded the file from the link which the op provided above , extracted it to the bin/game folder and it worked without doing anything else, the settings overlay is only visible on the monitor not in your hmd , you can access it with the home key and enable disable the effects with the end key.

I've never used reshade until now so i haven't much experience with it but it worked straight out of the box for me . Sorry i can't be of more help.

Thanks shiraz, at least I know it should work.  I'll keep messing with it.

On 4/22/2021 at 9:31 AM, shirazjohn said:

The download is not working should I besides the download link from above also install reshade from https://reshade.me/ itself. 

9 hours ago, shirazjohn said:

Hi hope this helps

https://github.com/fholger/reshade/releases/download/openvr_alpha2/ReshadeVR_sharpen_color.zip

Unzip directly to bin/game folder. I didn't download anything from reshade.me.

I did download it from Github, put the map in the folder as you can read here, but pushing home/ end nothing happen on the monitor nor in VR. 

I think the shader file do not belong in a separate folder but needs to override the BoX files.