Jump to content

Is there a mod to increase the zoom 'out' for the Attached Cameras, or just move the cameras back?


DDSnacko
 Share

Recommended Posts

DDSnacko

I'm running a Triple screen, so those camera views are really zoomed in.  I can only zoom out a little bit and am still snug up against the airplane.  Pretty much a useless view the way it is for me.

 

Same for the Combat view?  Is there any way to zoom further out?

 

I think If I could also move the x y z location of the cameras, I could move them back to start with, and get a better view without changing the zoom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LizLemon

Use UnGTP, then look in luascripts\cameras

 

Then change MinimumFOVGrad in which ever camera you want.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DDSnacko

Thanks for the reply LizLemon!

 

All of the files in luascripts/camera are text files.  Do I need unGTP for some GTP file somewhere?  I don't see any camera..gtp files anywhere.  I'll try editing those lua and cfg files..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

DDSnacko

Ok, I found a scripts.gtp and extracted that.  It has the same .cfg files as already exist.  And the cameragopro.cfg has a minimumfovgrad and maximum.  But that just 'stretches' the view out of proportion when I make it larger.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LizLemon
34 minutes ago, DDSnacko said:

Ok, I found a scripts.gtp and extracted that.  It has the same .cfg files as already exist.  And the cameragopro.cfg has a minimumfovgrad and maximum.  But that just 'stretches' the view out of proportion when I make it larger.  

 

Yes, that is what happens when FOV is changed to extremes. If you want to change the position you could try in \luascripts\worldobjects\fixcameras\planes but I don't know if this still works.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
jollyjack
Posted (edited)
On 3/26/2021 at 11:42 PM, LizLemon said:

Yes, that is what happens when FOV is changed to extremes. If you want to change the position you could try in \luascripts\worldobjects\fixcameras\planes but I don't know if this still works.

 

Fixcameras still works, i use it a lot, adapted almost all the fixcameras positions so that Alt_F2 gives you pilot vie about 0.6 to 1.3 m above the cockpit.

You could even move position that you're in front of the prop for better view, did not do that (yet).

 

For me a must with most FC1 planes, far better view. That Spad is now fun !

Download the lot here, Typhoon and Fokker D8 included : https://www.mediafire.com/folder/weq0r785eut6m/fixcameras_4.602

 

UPDATED for game 4.606b: https://www.mediafire.com/file/vqmhp8rnwr3i9ci/fixcameras_planes_4%2C605b_JJ.zip/file

Edited by jollyjack
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mysticpuma

Would be great if there was a mod to add more camera positions on the aircraft.... even on inside the cockpit looking back at the pilot would be so useful to movie makers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jollyjack

in most of my fixcameras txt files there are instructions how to ... use notepad.

Alt+F2 rotates you through the various views.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beebop
On 6/3/2021 at 11:43 AM, jollyjack said:

 

Fixcameras still works, i use it a lot, adapted almost all the fixcameras positions so that Alt_F2 gives you pilot vie about 0.6 to 1.3 m above the cockpit.

You could even move position that you're in front of the prop for better view, did not do that (yet).

 

For me a must with most FC1 planes, far better view. That Spad is now fun !

Download the lot here, Typhoon and Fokker D8 included : https://www.mediafire.com/folder/weq0r785eut6m/fixcameras_4.602

 

Sorry for being a bit of a dolt here but where do you put this file?  I don't have a 'planes' folder anywhere in data except for \graphics and that's for the Textures.

In fact I don't have a worldobjects in data\luascripts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jollyjack
Posted (edited)

Hi Arthur, the folder planes; you put it here:

......... \1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\LuaScripts\worldobjects\fixcameras

If you want i can make a JSGME install (zip), but if you don't have any fixcameras yet you wont be overwriting anything.

Edited by jollyjack
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beebop

Thanks for the offer mate. 

In my data > LuaScripts all I have is a 'sound' folder, a 'snapviews' folder and a 'CBalancer.cfg'.

While a do appreciate your kind offer I will save you the effort and make my own as I have done that for various mods with only downloaded as the 'data' folder.  I just didn't want to add folders in the wrong places.

Any ideas as to why I don't have 'worldobjects\fixcameras?

 

Tanks again for the guidance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jollyjack
Posted (edited)

Not really, they probably are present in some gtp file; they weren't in my default downloaded 4.602, only snapviews.

Edited by jollyjack
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hopper64

I had the same problem. Look at this thread:

 

 

I think I just cut/paste the lines in the very first post on page 1 of that link to get better views with my P51.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Mysticpuma

Just a request, as this is beyond me, has or can anyone create a JGSME mod that enables more cameras on the aircraft..... and one or two inside the cockpit maybe on the gunsight looking back at the pilot and one on the floor or throttle in the cockpit and one behind the pilot inside the cockpit? 

For Machinima being able to use a pilot position /reaction camera, especially as the model is so detailed, would be a really cool feature to have available. 

 

I genuinely have no clue how to do this but it would bee greatly appreciated for movie making. 

 

Crossing fingers this really is possible? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
jollyjack

Updated my personal fixcameras, main changes are that the first Alt-F2 gives you a view from directly above the pilot's head:

 

fixcameras 4.603b

Edited by jollyjack
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mysticpuma
On 8/25/2021 at 10:52 AM, jollyjack said:

Updated my personal fixcameras, main changes are that the first Alt-F2 gives you a view from directly above the pilot's head:

 

fixcameras 4.603b

Could you show an example of that please?

I have tried the mod (with mods on) and I only get the stock camera positions :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jollyjack

If the folder fixcameras is not present, make it here:

......... 1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\data\LuaScripts\worldobjects\fixcameras

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...