Disabled Spawn Points - How Is the "Not Available" Icon Done Please? - Answered Behaviour MCU

Salute

I have played on the Finish servers and also Advance and Secure and seen this feature.

As a mission builder I would like to be able to place an icon on the map showing a spawn point but that it is currently not available.

How do you get to display the spawn point but with a "Not Available" type logo?

I know how to not have the spawn point show at all and then when a player enters a check zone it gets enabled and appears, but how do I show its location BEFORE it gets enabled?

Many thanks in advance

DD_Friar

Edited by DD_Friar

Dunno about the logo, never saw it. But you could have 2 spawn points on the same location.
One is the actual true spawnpoint, the other the fake unavailable spawnpoint. One of them is always active, the other hidden using trigger actvate and deactivate.

The logic to toggle them would be as same as the Icon toggle I made, its attached. You just have to replace the Icons with the true and unavailable spawn point and make one spawn unavailable at the start.

Icon_toggle.zip

Edited by [N.O.G.F]Leon_Portier
2 minutes ago, [N.O.G.F]Leon_Portier said:

But you could have 2 spawn points on the same location.

Don't do this.

A spawnpoint has indexes for planes. If you place a planes with an index other than 0 on the field, those planes won't be available from mission start.

fakefieldindex.png.7a65042b59eba035cbf6d8042e130f25.png

Then, when you wan't to enable/open the airfield, you can change the index to the needed one with the Behavior MCU. Check how it's done in our server's temporary airfields.

• Upvote 1

Another method is documented in "Manage Airfield Availability" on pg. 131 of the editor manual, but I have not tested it in quite awhile.

• Upvote 1
Posted (edited)

@JimTM - Spot on as always Sir - I have used the Behaviour MCU and it has done exactly as I wanted.

Many thanks.

Goes back to the old adage - "Read The F*!@~ Manual"

Edited by DD_Friar
  • Upvote 1
  • DD_Friar changed the title to Disabled Spawn Points - How Is the "Not Available" Icon Done Please? - Answered Behaviour MCU
20 hours ago, JimTM said:

Another method is documented in "Manage Airfield Availability" on pg. 131 of the editor manual, but I have not tested it in quite awhile.

Yes, this example deals with the country of the airfield too.