Virpil Celebrates 10,000 WarBRD bases

Wow that's great to hear! You always wonder how many units these smaller companies move...well now we know. Good to see there's that many hard core simmers out there! I'm sure Star Citizen and Elite fans help too. MSFS2020 as well. Those sims have crossed over into the mainstream which helps us out.

Not totally related, but what are, if any, the differences between their WarBRD bases and the mangoose? It looks  mangoose comes it’s more cams/springs, but I can’t imagine those would cost the incremental €100. My current plan is to get a gladiator and either the virpil throttle or the VKB TECS, when the time is right, so for now, I’m trying to do my research and learn the differences of systems I’m probably to purchase. 

WEarBRD is a dual CAM base, designed with more angular movement for use in desktop - although VirPil grips are a bit tall for this use.

MoongoosT are designed for lower mounting, with or without extension, so has less less angular movement.

• Thanks 1

Mine was shipped mid August last year and has S/N is in the 5900s.  So at at that rate about 500 units sold/month - not bad for a niche product. 

Would be interested to discover how many Cougars and Warthogs TM has shifted over the respective lifetimes of those comparatively high end but mainstream products.

S/No 2917 here. I bought it about a year ago, so they must have shipped out a ton of them in the last 12 months.

It's the best joystick mechanism I've ever owned BTW, and I've owned quite a few.

• Thanks 1