Announcing Sturmovikfest 2021!

ShamrockOneFive

ShamrockOneFive

sturmovikfest-2021-banner-1.jpg?w=1024

Greetings all! I'm very pleased to announce the return of Sturmovikfest in 2021! This year marks the second year of the Sturmovikfest festival and will be slated to take place starting Sunday, April 25th until Sunday, May 2nd. This week long festival is a community driven event featuring multiplayer fly-in events on servers world wide, special events, and more! There may even be a few surprises along the way. Let’s celebrate one of the best combat flight simulation series in history!

What is Sturmovikfest?

This is an online festival organized by the IL-2 Sturmovik fan community to celebrate all things in the series.

How does it work?

Throughout the week of April 25th, servers, squads, streamers and more will be running events and fly-in's to check out new multiplayer servers and old favourites alike. Last year helped propel new servers to the top of the list and saw fantastic events such as the mass formation fly-over and Project R racing.

How can I help?

Last year was incredible! The community came together and came up with events, festival skins, streams and special YouTube videos and more. I hope this year will be the same. Throw your support in any way you can by attending events or contacting me with your event plans. I'll do my best to get the word out and show off your support on the festival page.

I can't wait to see what we come up with this year!

Event information

Get more information including the schedule, supports, badges and more on the Stormbirds.blog Festival Information Page.

Online Schedule (tentative/work in progress)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AbC7LXOBKqStvQhFytawlZ-VgwhqBbeZy5j7HtFF5K4/edit#gid=0

Edited by ShamrockOneFive
  • Like 29
  • Upvote 8
=LD=dhyran

Hiho ShamrockOneFive

Great News!

pls check PM

S!

dhyran

Stoopy

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Count me in again same as last year!

Thanks S15! 

🍺🍺🤘:dance::yahoo:👍🍺🍺

ShamrockOneFive
2 hours ago, =LD=dhyran said:

Hiho ShamrockOneFive

Great News!

pls check PM

S!

dhyran

Sounds fantastic! I have just replied.

3 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Count me in again same as last year!

Thanks S15! 

🍺🍺🤘:dance::yahoo:👍🍺🍺

Wonderful! Great to have your support!

Eeafanas
8 часов назад, ShamrockOneFive сказал:

sturmovikfest-2021-banner-1.jpg?w=1024

Greetings all! I'm very pleased to announce the return of Sturmovikfest in 2021! This year marks the second year of the Sturmovikfest festival and will be slated to take place starting Sunday, April 25th until Sunday, May 2nd. This week long festival is a community driven event featuring multiplayer fly-in events on servers world wide, special events, and more! There may even be a few surprises along the way. Let’s celebrate one of the best combat flight simulation series in history!

What is Sturmovikfest?

This is an online festival organized by the IL-2 Sturmovik fan community to celebrate all things in the series.

How does it work?

Throughout the week of April 25th, servers, squads, streamers and more will be running events and fly-in's to check out new multiplayer servers and old favourites alike. Last year helped propel new servers to the top of the list and saw fantastic events such as the mass formation fly-over and Project R racing.

How can I help?

Last year was incredible! The community came together and came up with events, festival skins, streams and special YouTube videos and more. I hope this year will be the same. Throw your support in any way you can by attending events or contacting me with your event plans. I'll do my best to get the word out and show off your support on the festival page.

I can't wait to see what we come up with this year!

Event information

Get more information including the schedule, supports, badges and more on the Stormbirds.blog Festival Information Page.

https://stormbirds.blog/sturmovikfest-2021/

Can the tanking community participate in this event?

ShamrockOneFive
20 minutes ago, =13NVO=Eeafanas said:

Can the tanking community participate in this event?

Yes please! I'd love to see as much Tank Crew (and Flying Circus) get involved too! Let me know what your ideas are and we can add it to the schedule.

• Thanks 1
[N.O.G.F]Leon_Portier

Tank race tank race

Tank Rally, multicrew with co driver :crazy:

Edited by [N.O.G.F]Leon_Portier
  • Upvote 2
  • 1CGS
Jason_Williams

Fantastic! Great job as always Shamrock! 

Jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
ShamrockOneFive
1 hour ago, [N.O.G.F]Leon_Portier said:

Tank race tank race

Tank Rally, multicrew with co driver :crazy:

This sounds fantastic!

24 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Fantastic! Great job as always Shamrock! 

Jason

Thank you Jason!

Eeafanas
2 часа назад, ShamrockOneFive сказал:

Yes please! I'd love to see as much Tank Crew (and Flying Circus) get involved too! Let me know what your ideas are and we can add it to the schedule.

Sorry for some mistakes, I am writing from Russian to English through a translator.  
As stated above, you can add races, shooting on the move (in first gear), artillery fire at 6-7 kilometers (for the SU-122 and SU-152), one observer is used for the correction on the U-2vs.  Fight "wall to wall" 15 tankers against 15 tankers on the T-34 STZ / UTZ and Pz IV, respectively, on a flat and large field.  Self-propelled anti-aircraft guns will also come out soon, and you can think of something for them too.  for example, shooting at a distance of 1500 meters.  Well, anti-aircraft guns against anti-aircraft guns!
I am the head of the regiment = 13HVO =, it consists of 8 people, we can take part in events.

• Upvote 1
ShamrockOneFive
1 hour ago, =13NVO=Eeafanas said:

Sorry for some mistakes, I am writing from Russian to English through a translator.  
As stated above, you can add races, shooting on the move (in first gear), artillery fire at 6-7 kilometers (for the SU-122 and SU-152), one observer is used for the correction on the U-2vs.  Fight "wall to wall" 15 tankers against 15 tankers on the T-34 STZ / UTZ and Pz IV, respectively, on a flat and large field.  Self-propelled anti-aircraft guns will also come out soon, and you can think of something for them too.  for example, shooting at a distance of 1500 meters.  Well, anti-aircraft guns against anti-aircraft guns!
I am the head of the regiment = 13HVO =, it consists of 8 people, we can take part in events.

Sounds like good fun to me. Let me know what your scheduled event times are, what server they are happening on, and I will add them to the schedule!

Eeafanas
1 час назад, ShamrockOneFive сказал:

Sounds like good fun to me. Let me know what your scheduled event times are, what server they are happening on, and I will add them to the schedule!

We usually meet on the Finnish server on weekends at 16:00 Moscow time, but it still depends on how busy it is.

• LukeFF featured this topic
ShamrockOneFive

Hi all! I've added a link to the Google Doc schedule. It's very patchwork right now as things come together, however, I've already started to slot in some events. A few things will move around and we'll not doubt have to do a little juggling so all of this is preliminary for now. If you have something you're planning, let me know and I'll see how I can fit it in!

Stoopy

I see some fly-ins on Combat Box which is great, however do you know if they're planning to have another Air Race event like last year?  Th races I was able to participate in where a hoot!

CanadaOne

Stormbirds remains my one-stop shop for flightsim news. :cool:

Good to see another festival.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
ShamrockOneFive
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

I see some fly-ins on Combat Box which is great, however do you know if they're planning to have another Air Race event like last year?  Th races I was able to participate in where a hoot!

Various server groups have been in touch and are planning events. What's up there is very preliminary so stay tuned for more. I don't want to steal any of their thunder when events get announced!

Also, I'm hoping that we can get a mass formation event scheduled like @JimTM did last year. That was outstanding and a ton of fun. Also requiring a lot of organizational skills.

Edited by ShamrockOneFive
JimTM
26 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

Various server groups have been in touch and are planning events. What's up there is very preliminary so stay tuned for more. I don't want to steal any of their thunder when events get announced!

Also, I'm hoping that we can get a mass formation event scheduled like @JimTM did last year. That was outstanding and a ton of fun. Also requiring a lot of organizational skills.

I think there's a subtle hint somewhere in that message.  :)

I'll try and cook up a mass of something. Looking forward to another great Sturmovikfest!

Edited by JimTM
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
kestrel79

Love the Stormbirds site. It's like a IL2 Friday Dev update, every day for every flight sim!

I'll try to join in for this year. Looking forward to some large bomber or strike group missions online with other people.

• Thanks 1
BlitzPig_EL

Who knows, maybe I can get the BlitzPigs to show up on an open server instead of just flying on ours for a change...

Oink oink!

🤣

Edited by BlitzPig_EL
  • Like 1
Stoopy
1 hour ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

I'll be there in my P-38!!!!  👍

• Like 2
ShamrockOneFive
1 hour ago, JimTM said:

I think there's a subtle hint somewhere in that message.  :)

I'll try and cook up a mass of something. Looking forward to another great Sturmovikfest!

Might have been a bit! You made the mistake of doing such a fantastic job last year! I'd consider it one of the signature moments of the whole festival. It'd be great to repeat!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
JimTM

@ShamrockOneFive, I notice that the event schedule is a bit off:

• Friday May 1 -> Friday, April 30
  • Saturday May 2 -> Saturday May 1
  • Sunday May 3 -> Sunday May 2

Cheers!

• Thanks 1
Raptorattacker

Hawker Tempest MkV versus Focke-Wulf 190D9

in

STURMOVIKFEST

Official Colours!!

Both skins and last year's planes (P-51D and Bf109 K4 - see below) can be downloaded on HSD

Get 'em early and avoid the rush!!

795293918_Sturmovikfest2020.thumb.jpg.2c4f4ded3795ac40afedc622428bdbfb.jpg585801218_Sturmovikfest2020.thumb.jpg.3aa274cace343182601d9b1a3e7abc45.jpg

Edited by Raptorattacker
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
Raptorattacker

Just a quick mess-around I did with some of the footage from the above video to promote this year's STURMOVINFEST.

It's not what I intended to do ultimately but I just thought I'd stick it up anyway being as I did it!!

Anyway... enjoy the music...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
Stoopy

Very cool. Raptorattacker!

Speaking of videos, here's one for anyone who's thinking of attending some of these events but didn't last year:

• Like 4
ShamrockOneFive
5 hours ago, Raptorattacker said:

Just a quick mess-around I did with some of the footage from the above video to promote this year's STURMOVINFEST.

It's not what I intended to do ultimately but I just thought I'd stick it up anyway being as I did it!!

Anyway... enjoy the music...

Very trippy! I like it :)

2 hours ago, Stoopy said:

Very cool. Raptorattacker!

Speaking of videos, here's one for anyone who's thinking of attending some of these events but didn't last year:

That's a great video showing off what the formation event was like! Thanks for putting that together!

• Like 1
Raptorattacker

Can't stop messin'!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
ShamrockOneFive

Hey folks! We have plenty of interest this year in the festival. I've just updated the schedule with more events. Once things settle down a bit more I'll start to do time and time zones for each event and start to solidify the schedule.

If you've reached out to me and haven't heard back or you heard back and I haven't done something yet.... please let me know! The brain is a little fried recently and it's been hectic! I'm not trying to ignore anyone :)

• Jason_Williams pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
=LD=dhyran

image.png.4d117b14515e8705a16f6918ecff52bc.pngsturmovikfest-2021-forum-badge.png?w=1200&h=

334th_Virtue and =LD=dhyran with Il2 League crew would like to invite you to the TOP DOG 2 vs 2 volume 2

The Event is part of the opening Sunday of STURMOVIKFEST 2021!

Top Dogs 2vs2 Tournament 25.April 2021 at 17:00 GMT ( Sunday )

Planeset is : P39 or Yak 1 or 109F4, will be drawn on the briefing 

Registration via this discord server. https://discord.gg/8ZZAXWtzyf  at the registration channel

Last registration 18.April 2021

Grab a Wingmen and be part of the Sturmovest Opening Sunday! 

Top Dog event skins https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1dqQ_2JB8DWGOATrMDJnoOGByzpsJXyiP?usp=sharing

GOGOGOOOOOO! Register your seat and be part of the action!

Snappy Salute

• Like 2
ShamrockOneFive

Hey folks! Quick festival update. Lots of events are starting to run their sign-ups now for the festival so be sure to check those out. I'm working on solidifying the schedule now and inserting all of the timezones so that it's a bit easier to manage to find the right event based on your proximity to one of several timezones.

I'm looking forward to joining in on as many of these as I can!

ShamrockOneFive

The schedule continues to be refined! I've done some work on it tonight to get the first couple of days sorted out and things are really coming together.

In-case you missed it... the mass formation event sign-up is now underway! This was great fun last year and it'd be great to have lots of individuals and squads represented.

• Like 2
ShamrockOneFive

Good morning everyone! Sturmovikfest Day One is here and I'm excited to present to you all of the great events happening today and throughout the week.

https://stormbirds.blog/2021/04/25/sturmoikfest-day-one/

I'll be signing on to the mass formation event later on and then jumping into the Flying Circus Sunday furball on the Jasta 5 Flugpark server before finally hopping on Finnish Virtual Pilots sometime tonight!

• Like 3
ShamrockOneFive

Yesterday was a blast! Thank you everyone for making it as much fun as it was. There was a mass formation, a jam packed Flying Circus server, and just about every other big server in the community was hopping with players. Love to see that!

massformation2021-april25-10.jpg

massformation2021-april25-02.jpg

Here's a recap of the day's events:

https://stormbirds.blog/2021/04/26/recapping-the-first-day-of-sturmovikfest/

And news about what's coming up tonight:

https://stormbirds.blog/2021/04/26/sturmovikfest-day-two-2/

• Like 3
=LD=dhyran

Gentlemen,

as part of the Stormovikfest the Topdog 2 vs 2 shoutout was held on Sunday!

Voices from the paticipants:

That was really super cool, great event, great guys, great fights! Can’t wait for the next one, and OH BOY the 4v4!!!!

Thank you all very much, especially the organizers! We continue to grow as HOTDOGS!
👍
A Snappy Salute to =LG=Blakhart & =LG=Flogger winning at the finals vs =LD=dhyran & =LD=Marv.s95

Here is a super nice impression of the semifinal match, how adrenalin pumping it can be, challaging, close and super fun:

image.png
334th_Virtue and =LD=dhyran with Il2 League crew would like to thank everyone took part
Snappy Salute!
dhyran

Edited by =LD=dhyran
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
super-truite

Thanks for organizing this @ShamrockOneFive ! There was some new people on Advance And Secure thanks to the SturmovikFest. And thanks for the nice article! 

• Like 1
=RS=Stix_09

sadly all the event times are GMT evening , so will not suit many in the southern hemisphere

ShamrockOneFive
7 hours ago, super-truite said:

Thanks for organizing this @ShamrockOneFive ! There was some new people on Advance And Secure thanks to the SturmovikFest. And thanks for the nice article! 

Thanks! It was good fun on there!

7 hours ago, =RS=Stix_09 said:

sadly all the event times are GMT evening , so will not suit many in the southern hemisphere

It's definitely a challenge to organize a global event. The Unprofessionals is based in Australia and had fly-in times early on that were suitable for Asia Pacific. I haven't heard about any other events for the festival they do run regular events on their server. Worth checking out!

ShamrockOneFive

Hey folks! I'm putting together a recap and a cinematic trailer to try and capture some of what happened over the course of this week. I have a long list of people to thank that I'm preparing but I wanted to generally put the word out here to everyone as well. Thank you for helping make this happen! Thank you for participating, supporting, and generally being the awesome community that you are. This week was fun! It was tiring too but it was fun!

• Like 4