P-47D: Turbo Locked to Throttle (even when unlocked!)

I'm getting back into IL-2 and have a few problems.  I'm trying to fly the P-47D, and am sitting on the runway or parked and cold.

The Turbo axis is locked to the Throttle, even when I press the key to unlock it.  I can it's lock being removed, but it still moves with the Throttle.

Also, the Prop Pitch axis does not work.  I can lock and unlock that too.  But it never moves when I move the assigned axis.  I have tested this axis and it working fine.  So, I'm at a loss...

The first problem sounds like your throttle is double-bound to the turbosupercharger.

As for the second, the P-47 has an RPM control (constant-speed prop), not a direct prop pitch control. Are you sure you have your slider bound to RPM? Does it work in e.g. a P-51?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the help.

My Throttle/Turbo was not double bound.  I had gone through all of my controls yesterday looking for that.  And there is no orange square indicating double assignment.  

It was the Engine Auto Control assist.  Thanks for that @Soilworker!

But in the Realism Settings, how can you see what settings Normal & Expert turn on/off?  When I click on Custom I can see/set every setting.  But in the other modes I see how they are set? 

2 hours ago, DDSnacko said:

Thanks for the help.

My Throttle/Turbo was not double bound.  I had gone through all of my controls yesterday looking for that.  And there is no orange square indicating double assignment.  

It was the Engine Auto Control assist.  Thanks for that @Soilworker!

But in the Realism Settings, how can you see what settings Normal & Expert turn on/off?  When I click on Custom I can see/set every setting.  But in the other modes I see how they are set? 

You're welcome mate. 

I'm not 100% sure and others can answer it better but I think it has something to do with the red and green boxes but I only ever fly on Custom with only a couple of boxes checked like Warmed Up Engine, Allow Spectators, etc. 

• Like 1