Is it currently possible and do you guys think we got the numbers to make it work? It's annoying to be going against the unrealistic trackIR cheaters.

Edited by MrRiXter
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 2
17 minutes ago, MrRiXter said:

Is it currently possible and do you guys think we got the numbers to make it work? It's annoying to be going against the unrealistic trackIR cheaters.

How do we know you're not using a swivel chair?

• Haha 5
7 minutes ago, Melonfish said:

How do we know you're not using a swivel chair?

Exactly...can we get a special server to keep those losers away from us?

Or those other guys using short flight sticks made out of plastic that move quicker than a full-size metal one - cheaters!!!!

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

FC is VR seems like the ultimate Charlo - one of these days.

"Charlo" ?? If that's a good thing, well.... yes. I'm doing that at this very moment as a matter of fact.

Get your VR gear out of the closet and I'll send you some stuff I'm working on. :biggrin:

I have to admit up front I'm using trim on a slider though....

Edited by Jaegermeister
20 minutes ago, Jaegermeister said:

"Charlo" ?? If that's a good thing, well.... yes. I'm doing that at this very moment as a matter of fact.

Get your VR gear out of the closet and I'll send you some stuff I'm working on. :biggrin:

I have to admit up front I'm using trim on a slider though....

My VR  equipment is still at the VR Store I'm afraid, and there it will remain for some time.

6 minutes ago, MrRiXter said:

No thanks If I wanted to cheat or play IL-2 as an arcade game then I would use a trackIR 😉

I hate to tell you this but you're also playing a video game and aren't actually fighting an air war in Il-2, sorry to ruin your hopes

9 minutes ago, MrRiXter said:

No thanks If I wanted to cheat or play IL-2 as an arcade game then I would use a trackIR 😉

You're playing a computer game in a set of plastic googles sat in your house !

4 minutes ago, =621=Samikatz said:

I hate to tell you this but you're also playing a video game and aren't actually fighting an air war in Il-2, sorry to ruin your hopes

You beat me by seconds Sam. :)

15 minutes ago, MrRiXter said:

Nice, for a second I thought you were really that thick...then I realized you cant' be that dumb, and you're just trolling.

Almost got us there...you sneaky little troll you. ;)

6 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

Nice, for a second I thought you were really that thick...then I realized you cant' be that dumb, and you're just trolling.

Not at all you can have the most accurate flight model and physics but using trackIR turns it all into an arcade affair, it's a cheat pure and simple. Situational awareness is everything.

2 minutes ago, MrRiXter said:

Not at all you can have the most accurate flight model and physics but using trackIR turns it all into an arcade affair, it's a cheat pure and simple. Situational awareness is everything.

I see what you're doing there.

You're trying to act like you really are that thick...funny!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

When I was a lad and all around us was still fields all we had was fixed views on a hat. Then it all got ruined by those cheating padlock users. Totally ruined it for me. Now you have fancy headsets with stereoscopic views. The dirty cheating swine

Edited by J2_SteveF
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, J2_SteveF said:

When I was a lad and all around us was still fields all we had was fixed views on a hat. Then it all got ruined by those cheating padlock users. Totally ruined it for me. Now you have fancy headsets with stereoscopic views. The dirty cheating swine

Right.

You know I did just fine online using only the hat for years and years. It was only when I got ROF, and those changes of direction in those crates were just too fast, I couldn't keep up with a hat switch anymore (even offline) and finally gave in to TIR.

I wouldn't want to go back to the hat, but I could easily...just not with the WWI planes.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

Right.

You know I did just fine online using only the hat for years and years. It was only when I got ROF, and those changes of direction in those crates were just too fast, I couldn't keep up with a hat switch anymore (even offline) and finally gave in to TIR.

I wouldn't want to go back to the hat, but I could easily...just not with the WWI planes.

Aw, but if you have a nice little mini-stick on your throttle like some of them do, and set it to your view axis (or map it to mouse view if needed in some sims), it works absolutely beautifully (fast as you want, and smooth 👍🙂

(il2 GBS it can be set as an absolute axis (actually does this by default I believe) and it is brilliant)

Edited by Redwo1f
2 hours ago, MrRiXter said:

It's annoying to be going against the unrealistic trackIR cheaters.

I use a mouse to look around, you’re all cheaters if you ask me.

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, MrRiXter said:

If you buy me a VR headset I'll gladly stop "cheating" 😄

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, MrRiXter said:

I don't use headtracking in DCS, but I do use wallhacks, in IL2, i have a seeing eye dog that wears my head tracker for me to even the playing field.

Edited by Melonfish
  • Haha 2
43 minutes ago, ST_Catchov said:

I use trackir but wear a blindfold to give VR users a chance. 

My name is Luke.......................  and I have some old guy telling me "Use the Force, Use the Force Luke!"  image.png.94e1ff3a1def84117db92cfbf7e89fb1.png

Ooops, Wrong Game! :poster_offtopic:

Edited by RAAF492SQNOz_Steve
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, RAAF492SQNOz_Steve said:

My name is Luke.......................  and I have some old guy telling me "Use the Force, Use the Force Luke!"  image.png.94e1ff3a1def84117db92cfbf7e89fb1.png

"Luke you've turned off your norden bombsight!"

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

You guys are funny but still no one answered my question. Is it possible to have a server that only allows users that run IL2 in VR? If it's possible I would like to host one.

Nope, you have to just trust people.
But my opinion is that even in a VR only server, there will be those on swivel chairs and using check six apps that will make an un even playing field.

Plus Track IR doesn't give you much more of an advantage. Personally I think VR gives you an advantage over 2d because of the stereoscopic view. I'm a much better shot in VR than I am in 2d.

It is what it is and people play how they are comfortable. 

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, J2_SteveF said:

But my opinion is that even in a VR only server, there will be those on swivel chairs and using check six apps that will make an un even playing field.

Plus Track IR doesn't give you much more of an advantage. Personally I think VR gives you an advantage over 2d because of the stereoscopic view. I'm a much better shot in VR than I am in 2d.

You can tell them to use VR, but you can't confirm it with a server setting that I am aware of.

I agree that I am at least twice as likely to hit a target with VR when it actually comes to taking a shot. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, J2_SteveF said:

Cheating VR bastards  :)

Yeah, that's what they said about pilots wearing goggles and scarves... darn cheaters! Act like a man...

Parachutes are for cheaters too BTW. 

• Haha 1
On 3/24/2021 at 6:58 AM, J2_SteveF said:

Personally I think VR gives you an advantage over 2d because of the stereoscopic view. I'm a much better shot in VR than I am in 2d.

Yes, agree there. My accuracy instantly doubled once I got into VR all those years ago, depth perception helps a lot. If only spotting, and in the case of my poor computer, fps where better, I'd say we would have a great advantage. As things are now, I think pros & cons balance out.

I don't think having a swivel chair works if you don't have your hotas bolted to your seat. What I do is look left, center view, look right and i'm the girl from the ring.