Violent, ugly, unplanned and unsolicited change of resolution --> 640x480!!!

Hi all. I was in a Wellington, preparing for starting the engines up, and suddenly my screen turned completely black. I managed to leave the simulation (escape key) and go back to the game's menus. I created a new Welly... but in the meantime my game has gone to a resolution  of 640x480. My video settings still stipulate they are set for a 1920x1080/60Hz resolution and refresh rate... but now I simply can't manage to make my game goes back to a real 1920x1080 res. I captured a screenshot and here it is, any help?

210319072855485709.jpg

5 hours ago, 343KKT_Kintaro said:

Hi all. I was in a Wellington, preparing for starting the engines up, and suddenly my screen turned completely black. I managed to leave the simulation (escape key) and go back to the game's menus. I created a new Welly... but in the meantime my game has gone to a resolution  of 640x480. My video settings still stipulate they are set for a 1920x1080/60Hz resolution and refresh rate... but now I simply can't manage to make my game goes back to a real 1920x1080 res. I captured a screenshot and here it is, any help?

210319072855485709.jpg

Your game crashed... for a reason which you will need to find in your files.

Typically when the resolution after a crash is set to much lower than previously, you have made too high demands on your system.

You might want to look at your video card settings for the game and could also look at verifying the game install

23 minutes ago, Buzzsaw said:

Your game crashed... for a reason which you will need to find in your files.

Typically when the resolution after a crash is set to much lower than previously, you have made too high demands on your system.

Absolutely, Buzzsaw! My bad... I was taking risks while doing something else with my computer... indeed. I know logs are registered while playing the game. How can I obtain mine?

You might want to look at your video card settings for the game

It's an Nvidia GTX 1660... but I checked that already, and the settings seem to be ok both in the video card software [1080p, 1920 x 1080 (native)]... and in the video settings in the game's menu [190 x 1080 (60 Hz)]. Am I missing something?

and could also look at verifying the game install

Verifying the game install? you mean the files of the game, in all its corresponding folders?

Hi again, Buzzsaw, I'm back... with some news for you: in the "Video Options" page, there are three possible options for the "Full Screen" settings: "On", "Pseudo" and "Off". I changed "On" into "Pseudo", and now the game seems to be back in 1920x1080... is this normal?